How do we keep kids off the internet?

how do we keep kids off the internet?

Make "Web 3.0" all text. No images, no photos.

It'll weed out a lot of the retards, too.

seems with snapchat and other things its to late. why did i even make this thread. they use to say keep kids offline now they want kids there as much as adults

Parental control & have them in the living room in full sight when they're using the laptop

That's what I do, I don't want my daughter going on libcuck websites. Tumblr is blocked. She tried accessing it and I told her it's full of hairy old men.

flood the board with gore

>teaching her that you're a liar
I'm sure that will work out well.

It's not a lie if there's a bunch of daddybear pages on there

>t. gay pro

Replace computers in the home with shortwave radios.

Honesty is not synonymous with the truth.

Kek

>thinking she won't rebel in the future

This is how it begins.

By not buying internet.

Tell them you want internet then go out and get internet but dont come back.

ye but he wouldnt be lying to her

just don't let them go on sites like Sup Forums or tumblr. I've seen people from tumblr ruin close ones because they convinced them they had various mental illnesses

No smartphones or tablets for anyone under 18.

And this

No, but it is dishonest. If I tell you that there's a roach infestation in this room you'll be sleeping but don't mention the scorpions and snakes, you're going to be pissed, even though I didn't tell you a lie.

Make posting anything require HTML knowledge.

Isolating them from the world will definitely not do any good you stupid fuck

a 2 year old could learn html

But they aren't isolated. They can still go outside.

That looks exactly like the type of girl I would fawn over in high school and never have the balls to make a move on.

Nuh because I still wouldn't want to sleep in there anyway. That's a terrible analogy.

>what was myspace

Do you really think these kids really have the attention span to learn html?

>She tried accessing it and I told her I would put her up for adoption and spend her college fund on a new fishing boat.
ftfy

You get the point though. I misled you, which was dishonest of me, and you would resent that.

but seriously guys, this is a really complex question and nobody brought an answer.

Should we just use parental filtres? I hate censorship but for kids it may be necessary until they can think critically, right?

But it's not misleading, user was more or less correct. There's plenty of daddybear pages on there.

MAKE IT TEXT ONLY
I GAVE YOU AN ANSWER

REE
REE
REE
REEEEEEEEEE

Just block Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, Vine, etc.

Sup Forums is fine though.

You do realize they learn these things in school now, right goys?

Just get a proper parental block on your ISP

WHICH IS WHY YOU MAKE EVERYTHING TEXT ONLY LIKE THE USENET DAYS

REE

I mean the teachers and their peers feed them nonsense.

Never the less, when she's at school and little Stacy shows her her favorite movie gif tumblrs and shit, she's going to think he's a liar, he was clearly meant to mislead her, and she's not going to take him as seriously in the future.

Oh you're right

Then just fucking homeschool the little shitlings and "socialize" them through youth sports, clubs, music programs, etc.

HOMESKOOL

That's actually not a terrible idea

>HOMESKOOL
Guaranteed to be a loser who can't function in the world. Sure, it's an easy way to keep them from becoming leftist, but they are going to be completely worthless and will never do anything of note anyway if you sheild them from anything that will challenge them. That's just indoctrination, which is what liberals like to do.

But Stefan is homeschooling his daughter. Man...

What about Catholic school? It's not perfect, but it's the best option.

With the intent of keeping her from information he doesn't like?

>Guaranteed to be a loser who can't function in the world.
Are you just trolling now or did you not read my suggestion in the first part of my post about socializing them through "extracurricular" activities?

There's plenty of youth sports teams and music programs (in addition to other clubs/organizations) that aren't linked to academia that young chilluns can get signed up for by their parents. Public school ruins the brain.

>t. public school pro (3 of my aunts were public school principals)
>t. product of public school

>can't shitpost smug anime girls
well fuck that

>he wouldn't just post ASCII art smug instead

Clearly you haven't given your life over to smug yet

by showing them how to have fun irl

A much better choice. Kids need to learn how to struggle and fight with their peers properly. They can't do that with their parents.

>Are you just trolling now or did you not read my suggestion in the first part of my post about socializing them through "extracurricular" activities?
Probably too heavily regulated. Public schools are good in that there is plenty of time that students aren't supervised and can fuck around on their own. It's pretty pathetic if your kid is 13 and you're organizing playdates. That still doesn't solve the tumblr problem, by the way. Censorship isn't the answer. The only way to confront that is to teach them how to think properly, and instill a strong value of logic and reason in them.

stuxnet

I hope you people know parental blocks are useless. Even teenage girls have tor installed on their phones these days, kids aren't stupid.

>playdates
That's not what soccer practice is, or what music class/practice is.

Neither is volunteer work or hobby clubs, like mountain biking clubs

You suck at this

>That still doesn't solve the tumblr problem, by the way. Censorship isn't the answer. The only way to confront that is to teach them how to think properly, and instill a strong value of logic and reason in them.
It does if they're immersed in an environment of like-minded peers with like-minded parents

>i.e.: I'm not raising them in SF's fucking tenderloin district, I'm raising them in a suburb where people who think and vote like me live

>liru
what is this? 2008?

I'm pretty sure TOR doesn't get around rootkits or keyloggers.

If I have to go full counterintelligence with my kids, I will

Good luck finding a rootkit for an iPhone without paying out the ass for it

Rehab for memes.

Meme-adone clinics.

>"socialize" them through youth sports, clubs, music programs, etc.
Of which they'll meet other people their age there and learn it from them. Unless you belong to some homeschool-only community where you raise a bunch of socially inept weirdos.

teaching your kids to be resistant to liberal make-believe and common core indoctrination is more valuable than most things

this and nigger news stories

The point is that you are providing too much structure. This is going to cause them to think that life has an instruction manual, and they will be clueless and helpless if someone doesn't tell them what to do or what should be happening. Let them make mistakes. Let them start fights and get their asses kicked for it. Let them learn independence. Stop fucking helicoptering. You will never be able to mold someone like a piece of clay like you want. Correct their behavior when it gets out of hand, but you can't live their life and you are not entitled to plan their life for them.

Volunteer work is cuck bullshit, by the way.

DON'T JOKE ABOUT THAT

teenage girls with tors on phones? are you kidding me?

How fucking hard is this to understand? Let's take a real life example;
>Moving in to new apartment
>Landlord mentions that the previous owner had dogs and some bits of wall, doors, and a bunch of carpet had to be replaced because they would scratch
>Looks good, move in
>A month later the apartment directly upstairs is taken
>Whenever they use the water in their apartment, the pipes in the wall vibrate and create a 60dB tone
>Right in one of the bedrooms
>The landlord knew about this for months and months before you moved in because other people had complained
>They do literally nothing to fix it
>A month later, a drug dealer moves in across the hall
>Find out most people in this buildings and the ones around it are drug dealers/addicts
It's literally a well-known method of conning someone, you be honest with the small shit so they don't realize you're omitting big shit.

Normies think it's just a proxy, no surprise. I knew one chick who would leave it on constantly, even when on data.

spam the offended page everywhere

It's one app dude. Not that hard to install.

Which is perfectly fine as long as it isn't a relay. The data used to maintain a circuit is negligible.

Ok, but I just dont know any young (non IT) girl who would hear about Tor, let alone use it on phone.

Probably look for anti-spying shit, then it will come up in either "Other users also installed..." or "Recommended for you:" suggestions.