Why do people hate on Nirvana so much anyway? Too whiny for u HARCDORE boys? Too grimy for you rockists...

Why do people hate on Nirvana so much anyway? Too whiny for u HARCDORE boys? Too grimy for you rockists? I thought Kurt's writing was fucking good yo

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1EqfotMwtn4I0A_VN9g42ogA1nAZfvd6FGDPPLO1QxQs/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=YfpRm-p7qlY
youtube.com/watch?v=JunXKop_4R0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22998852
youtube.com/watch?v=bBOMZBxQAjc
youtube.com/watch?v=y7TPnH5emFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not Claire, don't care

t. soyboy

>Too grimy for you rockists?
Stopped reading right there

sucky

t. tfw to inteligent

Too popular for Sup Forums.
That is literally the reason.

thanks for the bump ;)

Kurt was a huge cuck faggot and their music sounds like Nickelback.

>Nirvana sounds like Nickelback
I think you misunderstand a crucial timeline in music user

since apparently you need it spelled out for you

>Nirvana made buttrock first, therefore it's good
>Nickelback made buttrock a year later, therefore its bad
You took my bait. If you think Nickelback sucks, then Nirvana sucks. It's the same shit.

Lil Pump makes rap music. Lil Pump is bad.
A Tribe Called Quest also make rap music. Therefore, following this logic, A Tribe Called Quest are bad.

docs.google.com/document/d/1EqfotMwtn4I0A_VN9g42ogA1nAZfvd6FGDPPLO1QxQs/edit?usp=drivesdk

Nirvana was never even remotely close to Nickelback.

>I was only pretending
>grunge = postgrunge
Congratulations, you are officially a retard

There's a difference between Post-Grunge and Grunge for a reason.

It was ironically too popular for Kurt himself too

A lot of bands were like that. The Jame (A Town Called Malice) had like, a whole album dedicated to this artistic struggle.. after which they disbanded. Sometimes becoming enormously famous isn't the goal of a musician.

Jam* fuck
also might as well post it
youtube.com/watch?v=YfpRm-p7qlY

It honestly sound like just for weak winy white people. Nothing personal.

>I'm not only an ignorant asshole, but I'm also prejudiced
fuck right off

The music evokes a negative(anger and sadness) aura, that if you want to know, is product of the shitty life of the autor. I dont feel any sympathy.
You should ask yourself why you listen to this shit.

Oh my god dude, so people shouldn't listen to 'sad music' or else their life sucks and they're doing it for the wrong reasons?

Your IQ is in the fucking double digits my friend

Entry level Soundgarden.

See, this is what I wanna see, a real reason to think less of Nirvana.

Shame about ol Chris. Why'd he have to do it man

He was an asshole who killed himself leaving a small daughter without father. Besides that, I don't think he was a bad musician.

They aren't even remotely the same and Soundgarden was an A-list band

"muh b8 muh b8".. hahah shut up loser.

>unironically liking grunge
It’s ok only a few more years and you’ll be allowed to stay up until 9

Heroin addiction combined with whatever other crazy life stuff Kurt had going on is some SERIOUS SHIT man. I don't agree with his conclusion, but calling him an asshole is like spitting on a person because they got themself put in a wheelchair

Two very different ones, Nirvana is power pop with noise rock influences and Soundgarden is way more heavy metal inspired.

Hahah okay fair enough I did mostly like them in high school but I still revisit occasionally. Grohl had some pretty dope fills, and there are many Nirvana basslines that rip shit up

feels like everyday I see nirvana fans asking this on this board, isn't it obvious? it's seen as middle schooler music nowadays as a stereotype, u just gotta accept that most underageb& who weren't alive in the 90's are gonna write it off as cringey emo preteen music because they didn't see what nirvana was, they don't know what kind of a sensation they were and they don't know the difference between them and the 2000's emofurry fad bands

I know it sucks if nirvana is one of your favorite bands because you're automatically a pleb who needs to listen to more music or an edgy and whiny teen or whatever, but who cares what people think of the music you listen to?

Come as you are user

Sidenote for anyone who didn't know this shit:

Kurt and Dylan Carlson, founder of Earth, were roommates at one point and pretty close friends. Kurt borrowed the shotgun that he killed himself with from Dylan, telling him he needed it for home defense. Kurt bought his own shells, but Dylan still blamed himself for Kurt's death for a long fucking time and it made his drug use a lot worse.
Here is a rare collab they did while living together.
youtube.com/watch?v=JunXKop_4R0

Thanks for this reply man. You know, maybe it was fuckin repression or something, but it somehow slipped my mind that the Nirvana smiley shirts and other 'nevermind' merch were both the most popular and most essential garb for edgy hot topic dwelling tweeners a few years ago. Fuck lol, I guess it was obvious. What a crying fucking shame, Kurt would probably un-kill himself if he only could have known how hard his death would be sold.

because him and his boyfriend probably got in fight

He did the right thing. He wanted eternal fame and he has it.

Yes, they shouldn't listen to sad music. How would this help or give something positive? Is like recomment cigarettes to someone.
Happy people(intelligent people) dont make this kind of music.

please die

Whoa dude, master level. GG, you should join thespian society or some shit

>Come as you are user
God damn it I loved Nirvana in highschool and I thought I grew out of that shit but you saying that brought back some feels.

Layne suffered the same but he didnt whine about it.

He faced his demon like a man...he lost, but he didnt have fear.

Everyone faces pain and suffering in their own way. I wouldn't say Staley 'faced his demon,' because going on a multi-week drug binge until you die isn't really that at all, but so what if he didn't cry for help when he knew he was going to die? You'd actually piss on someone over that? Shame man.

Grimes is so fucking overrated take you and your dumb soyboys out of here

half of alice in chains songs are whining about addiction or dead friends you illiterate and deaf retard. turning a decrepit heroin addiction into macho posturing contest would be fucking hilarious but somehow this board manages it

This board is so concerned and insecure about their taste that they ignore everything popular even if its one of the most impactful projects in the last 50 years of music

i couldnt relate to their music after my 16th birthday
nirvana is for edgy teens

I wouldn't buy into the Kurt = God meme so much, but yeah that's exactly my problem with Sup Forums, too many fragile big brain types

>Happy people(intelligent people)
Has to be bait/10

Oh look, it's (You)

I think he was just talking about nirvana's impact on the genre in general, i completely agree

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22998852
>CONCLUSIONS:
Those with lower IQ are less happy than those with higher IQ. Interventions that target modifiable variables such as income (e.g. through enhancing education and employment opportunities) and neurotic symptoms (e.g. through better detection of mental health problems) may improve levels of happiness in the lower IQ groups.
Hehe we arz sadz so intelegnet and shet

nigga fuck outta here, it was funny once I got it but you're beating the fuck out of this horse body. Go back to your hole now

your bump made me feel less alone. Thanks user

>>Nirvana made buttrock first
[citation needed]

>Why do people hate on Nirvana so much anyway

What's wrong with this?

>Kurt's personal journals from when he was in highschool
whoa dude what a deep cut, Nirvana BTFO
it's 2edg4them

if varg or some obscure edge fag like peter sotos wrote the exact same shit with a right-wing slant they would be like 'based. this is pure poetry'

It's meh. Bland songs with some grit.

How so?

>>Kurt's personal journals from when he was in highschool
>I am a male, age 23

He was technically still in high school; he was the janitor

I like Nirvana and I think Kurt was extremely talented, but he was still a huge Marxist faggot who was controlled by his whore wife and feminist friends. I don't really resent him for it though.

How's it feel being a permavirgin?

Dude he was like 35 years ahead of the current paradigm of retardation that is what you describe. Being trendy and being a trendsetter are VERY different things man.

it's just boring
it's hardly even grunge sounding, it just sounds really lazy

Hows so?

nice digits but like
what?
on what planet is Nirvana not 'grunge sounding'??

youtube.com/watch?v=bBOMZBxQAjc
youtube.com/watch?v=y7TPnH5emFg

Nirvana made 2 good albums and one overrated as hell albums that normies listen to and think they are special and that is why normies hate then. They are such a normie band for making nevermind I mean go to any mall in American and you will see some generic looking white girl with a nirvana shirt who only listens to shit like teen spirit and come as you are. In my opinion they are a fine grunge band not the best but not the worst

I guess what I should have asked is,
why are people so insecure about liking Nirvana? Why can people not separate the absolute shitstorm of pop-commercial trendiness that followed Kurt's very sad and very morbid decline and death from the actual music and writing? It irks me beyond belief

Sjws/femknists have been around since forever

Most people here are insecure elitist hivemind faggots. What did you expect?

You are under 25 years old

because no one on Sup Forums wants to be referred to as a music normie and nirvana is way too normie to really be appreciated on Sup Forums. Look at bands like soundgarden and the melvins and the smashing pumpkins they all have a grungy sound and were all popular-semi popular but you don't see generic white girls wearing shirts of those bands the normies didn't infect the stigma when it comes to liking those bands.

imagine being on this many levels of cognitive dissonance

Fuck off faggot

Struck a nerve, did he?

>the kiddie burns when exposed to the truth

They hate Nirvana because of fags like you who pretend everyone hates them, so you feel more inclusive for liking a mediocre grunge band.

Fucking soyvana cucks I swear.

>le being a sjw male feminist in the 90s was so radical and trendsetting xD

No, the shit has been going on since the 80s and started with the degenerate faggot hippies

Shouldn't you be shooting up a mall somewhere?

Most played out rock band in music besides the beatles
>multi-platinum album selling band somehow hailed as gods of indie music
>credited with creating grunge despite others that came before (Soundgarden, Green River)
>blatantly rip off other bands (Pixies, Fang), nobody seems to care
>lyrics are incoherent and constantly misinterpreted as genius by fans
>grunge effectively died after Kurt shot himself, sinking popularity of remaining grunge bands and potentially new acts
>bands that sounded even remotely close to Nirvana labeled post-grunge or rip offs (ironic)
>Dave's potential to write (better) songs for Nirvana dismissed by Kurt
>Courtney Love

My biggest issue with Nirvana is that the music industry has used them to glorify the 90's and make more money off millennials by jamming them down our radar constantly. While Kurt didn't want them to become overblown like that, he as the frontman could have stopped that from happening but instead he shot himself, effectively sealing him as a martyr which the music industry has exploited to make even MORE money off of. I don't think they're necessarily a bad band but they certainly are not the Jesus of Rock music like they've been hyped up as today.

Why would you say that? I don't like hippies or queers, so you're saying I should be a mass murderer?

>I don't like hippies or queers
Why? They didn't do anything to you.
>so you're saying I should be a mass murderer?
If the shoe fits...

>>blatantly rip off other bands (Pixies
Like what?

>Dave's potential to write (better) songs for Nirvana dismissed by Kurt
HAHAHA! in any case kurt was bored of the format of rock music and dave's buttrock obsession would've doomed the project

>They didn't do anything to you
Aside from any personal experiences I have had, they have cost society plenty.

>Aside from any personal experiences I have had
Like what?
>they have cost society plenty.
Like what?

>dave's buttrock obsession
What obsession?

Nirvana is vastly overrated. The songs are structurally irrelevant and repetitious. The lyricism is meaningless. The only reason why they gained fame is the adaptation of mainstream production techniques which in turn influenced their music towards the pop direction. They were much better live, but to be able to sit down and fully listen to a Nirvana record almost certainly means you are living the boorish life of a philistine. They are a great early example of "fake deep" as well as pushing an aesthetic until its bubble burst.

>complex = better
No
>I don't understand it, so it's meaningless
No
>The only reason why they gained fame is the adaptation of mainstream production techniques
[citation needed]

Do you not see the left right now? Transgenders, women's rights, pedophelia acceptance, immigration. All of this stuff didn't happen overnight.

America and Europe is collapsing because of political correctness

So In Bloom is about the guy from earth?

>Transgenders, women's rights
So? This doesn't effect you
>pedophelia acceptance
Example?
>immigration
So? This doesn't effect you
>America and Europe is collapsing because of political correctness
How so?

fucking pleb

pretentious pseud

The absolute state of this guy

HHAHA

All of these are good except "pedophilia acceptance" which literally doesn't exist