/romcom/ - Romantic Comedies General Sup Forums edition

>he doesn't have a favorite romantic comedy
>he doesn't watch it anytime it plays somewhere
>he doesn't play it for his girlfriend to see if she likes it too

Pic related is the best romantic comedy.

Prove me wrong, Sup Forums.

>Prove me wrong, Sup Forums.
Ok

>>>/cuck/

That's more of a comedy than a romantic comedy.

Punch Drunk Love is my favorite rom-com.

Fair enough. It's basically the story of Superman told as a weird romance movie.

Fuck off

>>>/loser/

Saving Face is my favorite rom-com.

Love Actually. Frankly anything by Richard Curtis

Another John Cusack masterpiece

John Cusack is one of my low-key favorite actors to watch, even if the movie kind of sucks, along with James Spader.

The semi-biographical film he did where he played one of the Beach Boys is pretty interesting if, like me, you did not know the band's history.

Sex, Lies and Videotapes

Cashback is my favorite romantic comedy tbqh

You are all doing it wrong.

Serendipity is maudlin garbage, Beckinsale looks beautiful in it though.

My favorite rom-com is pic related

There's nothing wrong with sentiment in a romance movie.

About Time was my favorite but I think La La Land qualifies as a romantic comedy and is my new favorite.

lol

helllllloooooooooooo

brb just going to bury my goldfish

there is such a thing as too much, I love the two leads but Serendipity is one of those movies that makes me roll my eyes a lot

You Got Mail is pure Kino

the original is better

You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seattle

I liked Crazy Stupid Love for the obvious twist.
I also liked The Proposal because they played up how much older Sandra Bullock is than Ryan Reynolds.

>Sleepless in Seattle
Complete shit

The only one

not a rom-com

It's alright, m9. Not as good as YGM but still. Joe vs The Volcano is the one that's shit. Also When Harry Met Sally is shit.

These are actual films, not romantic comedies.

>it's alright

Nope, it's not.
Meg Ryan is borderline psychopathic in it.

it's the closest to Rom Com that I like.

best modern rom-com incoming

out of my way plebs

This is pure romcomkino.

The most charming movie you will ever see.

I just can't believe that Nic Cage and Rosie Perez would get married.

Yeah they could have picked somebody less horrible and ugly and monkeyish.

"Ohh look you got three dots on your arm hurr like cassiopea" but seriously i use that shlock all the time on my girl.

My favorite part about You've Got Mail is that Hanks is a sociopath for most of the movie who keeps setting up dates and then "standing her up" while still showing up to gloat.

To be fair, Meg Ryan is trying to pull some "moral high ground" bull shit and he's just an honest businessman.

She's understandably upset because her business is going under. He's just fucking with her emotionally for laughs.

It's his job.

Not his fault she's characterizing him completely wrong.

What's Your Number?
Anna Faris and Chris Evans were great in this.

I don't know why you're arguing, I'm not saying she's right. I'm saying her reaction is understandable. It's her business, something that she built and put herself into, and she's losing it. If you can't understand why that would be upsetting and why she might not look at the big fish competition in a favorable light, I don't know what to tell you.

On the flip side, Hanks toys with her emotions for no reason. He repeatedly sets up dates, and then stands her up. He knows this hurting her, but he continues to do it. He even pretends to have just been in the neighborhood so he can witness her discomfort first hand. It's fucking weird, and nobody in the movie addresses it.

>Olga Kurylenko
I like her

This is a stealth Kate thread, isn't it?

No