George Lucas / JJ Abrams

Who is the biggest shitter of these 2?
Who's the most incompetent at the moment of writing a logic story or at least to make some fucking sense?
Who ruined Star Wars forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MJiR5IksEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JJ is a good director who understands the basics of storytelling and probably has a high IQ

JJ.
George is not a hack, he's a fucking genius.

>JJ is a good director who understands the basics of storytelling and probably has a high IQ
>What is episode VII?

C'mon try again.

>JJ is a good director
he's a passable director

Episode VII is a good film that's being torn apart by bearded virgins who think that lore and internal consistency matter more than good form and emotional resonance.

>Great
Star Trek

>Good
The Force Awakens
MI:3

>Okay
Super 8

>Bad
Star Trek Into Darkness

If his next movie is good, then he's an above average director.

>Episode VII is a good film
Stop reading right there, I bet you're one of the dicksucking faggots who thinks rotten tomatoes means something.

I'd put Star Trek into Okay tier, and that's being generous.
George pls

George gave us the original triology, he then fucked up on episodes I and II, while episode III is okay.

JJ on the other hand COMPLETELY fucked up episode VII, even the cast he choose is fucking trash.

09 Trek would be the second best Star Wars movie. Watch it again.

George only directed A New Hope in the OT. Most of the work in Empire and Jedi was done by other people, and the original Star Wars was famously fixed in editing.

Are you trying to say second best Trek movie, or do you honestly think it lines up with ANH or ESB?

George

Everyone shits on JJ and TFA much more viciously than the prequels because theyre getting old and remind these losers of better times

JJ is semi-competent and has at least had a hand in a lot of passable if not good stuff over the years

What the fuck has George done?

> What the fuck has George done?

You're right, what has George Lucas ever contributed to creating Star Wars in the first place?

love how people defending TFA immediately have to resort to personal insults against anyone who criticizes their precious rehash

Why everyone hates into the darkness?

youtube.com/watch?v=-MJiR5IksEk

jj is a better director, but george is far more creative and innovative.

Yeah of course he had a hand in star wars but to what extent? And why does that count as an entire career?

JK had directed or produced countless movies most of which are competently made, and then you've got his television credits

What is it with the contrarian love for Lucas? He's a bumbling idiot

It's a response to us being called shills, retards, autists, idiots, etc. The insults often go the other way.

Making LOST doesn't mean JJ is a pro at this shit, he already showed his incompetence at directing movies countless times.

It's the only way I can justify someone thinking any of the prequels are better made movies than TFA, and I say that as not only someone who doesn't like TFA at all, but someone who doesn't like Star Wars in general. Same goes for George being better than JJ

It genuinely baffles me and character flaws are the only reason I can think of for people being so delusional

Even his worst film, Into Darkness, is competently directed. His problem lies in writing, and he hasn't written most of his movies.

Did you just see different words when you read my post?

LOST isnt the only thing JJ has done in his life you know, and I never said he was pro at his shit, I said he was more competent than Lucas

Jesus you guys really are delusional NO OFFENSE

it's easy to be competent when you don't take any chances.

Lost was pretty innovative

Your arguments are pathetic, really

If you want a thread about who made crazier shit go make it

Any time Lucas has creative control he makes idiotic childish nonsense, so yeah you could say he takes risks. That doesn't mean he's competent or deserving of extra credit.

Stop being an apologist for a moron, he doesn't deserve your sympathy

>George Lucas
>George Lucas
>George Lucas

Sorry prequelfags

Are you even in the same thread as the rest of us? What point are you making here?

i'm not, i said earlier in the thread that jj is a better director, but george is more creative and he pushes the boundaries of filmmaking. that's respectable in my book. jj just asks himself what spielberg would do and does that.

the thread is starting to become a tired geoge lucas bashing fest, and following that conversation instead of op.

thank lindeloff and cuse for that.

Yeah aliens in Indiana Jones, speeches about sand and mind numbing lightsaber dance troupes are pretty wild ideas, but whatever his intention all that matters is the end results, which were always shite except for the very beginning. As I said give him creative control youve got something that is obviously more outlandish than something JJ would make, but that is also an idiotic mess that is more infuriating than JJ's films are underwhelming

You're not even making a point that's relevant to the thread, you're saying George is objectively better than JJ because of what, good intentions? Come on dude

JJ only has mission impossible 3, that's is only good movie.

Lucas ruined some basic plot devices and sold his soul for a quick buck.

J.J. ruined the entire plotline of the OT and never had a soul.

You decide. Although I don't fully blame J.J.. I mean Disney scripts are sung by Pope-esque businessmen in suits until their spoken word reveals itself on stone tablets.

Episode VII was going to happen regardless, and it would've been the exact same end product no matter who you had behind the camera. J.J. was just a name normies were relatively familar with. He sold some tickets. That's it. He's Disney's answer to... Disney's Joss Whedon.

George did ruin star wars forever (by selling it to Disney) but JJ is the bigger shitter as his movie was crap while also just ripping off what George made himself. In addition to this George has made great movies while even JJ's best movie I would only consider 'okay' at best.

>Losing side of argument in relation to OP
>THIS THREAD IS GETTING DERAILED

When you have to answer the question 'who is the bigger shitter' I'm afraid someone is going to get bashed

Jesus christ guys

You make a good point but I refer you to the post above yours. TFA was always going to be a cheap show basically made like a superhero origin story and reusing old formulas, and JJ's career may never have reached great highs, but it has never and will never reach the awful lows of George Lucas

how many directors have absolute creative control on a movie like lucas had with the prequels. we have no idea what kind of star wars movie jj would make if he had creative control, because the star wars movie he made was actually made by a committee at disney.

Hey JJ

So what is your point here? That TFA doesn't actually count as a JJ film and the prequels are most definitely the fault of Lucas?

So you're taking my side of the argument now? Wat

The guy who made star wars ruined it forever?
Anti-George plinkett defence force pls

i'm simply not an extremest on either side, i have a fairly nuanced opinion on this, which is, jj is a more competant director what it come to traditional filmmaking prose, but in the end, they're mostly other people ideas. george is more creative and daring. george's risk taking doesn't always pan out, but his originality and unique voice should be commended.

So you can't say Simpsons execs ruined the Simpsons because they made the Simpsons? There's no point made here

If you're the same guy who said this thread was going off topic I'm gonna have to call you out for being a hypocrite. The arguments in your post are not relevant to the OP

BUT you make a good argument anyway and i almost agree, especially since unique voices are so rare in modern hollywood

Actually I take this back, you're generally discussing who's the bigger shitter

i'm not being i hypocrite, i was the one being attacked for not being relevant to the op, i was simply acknowledging i was following a conversation tract that diverted from the op, when it became a george lucas bashing thread.

i'm glad we can almost agree.

i was under the impression the thread was specifically about directing. i don't know what's what anymore.

Why did he sell star wars only to bitch about it endlessly after? Was it the jew mk ultra program?

If the two of them worked together we would have had a great star wars movie. George has some great ideas, but, he also needs someone there willing to tell him if something is retarded. I think JJ is so far up his own ass he wouldn't be at all intimidated by Gorge.

>inoffensive
Star Trek
MI:3

>offensive
Into Darkness
Force Awakens
Super 8

rereading the op, he talks about writing. so i guess, who's the better writer?

Both have more money than they deserve.

he was under the impression disney would use some of his ideas instead of throwing them in the trash. i can understand him being a bit salty about it, especially at kathleen kennedy.

Yeah it became a mess but someone had to get bashed whether it were George or JJ. Anyways I think we've just about done it, regardless of becoming a bit messy it was a good thread cheers
I think he's just asking who's a worse filmmaker overall. He seems very biased but I don't know to what side lol. Anyways its pretty much over now, no changed minds but a good debate

definitely JJ
he's the fucking worst

He had no reason to believe that, it's fucking disney, he didnt' even got the stan lee treatment, another irrelevant guy that they keep and pay as a human mascotte. He only has himself to blame honestly.

But no one in the reply chain has compared TFA to the prequels.
TFA is a terrible movie, regardless of its quality compared to episodes 1 through 3.

>What the fuck has George done?
I'm guessing you're really not that familiar with George Lucas' career in Hollywood for you to ask that, and what's more, actually implying JJ has done more in and for the industry than George Lucas.

oh, i don't disagree he has himself to blame, considering he probably only sold the rights out of frustration and spite.

> What the fuck has George done?

HE CREATED THE FUCKING THING!!!!

>autistic sweater
>jacket too large/doesn't fit
>walmart jeans

George Lucas just doesn't give a fuck does he?

Gonna read through this thread to see if every post is "Lucas was a brilliant visionary and JJ ruined my childhood!"
>reads thread
Hmm, surprising number of non-prequelfags in here