most over-rated albums of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

beatlesbible.com/albums/abbey-road/4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol wtf is this hipster garbage

anything by grouper
kid a
anything by green day

I really do enjoy The Beatles, but this is just not that good.

Overrated in the most literal sense that it is a great album overrated as the greatest album.

This. Such a dull album of disconnected solo tracks obviously meant to be singles. People only pretend it is a great album because of the medley, which is literally just work-in-progress songs stuck together to fill disc real estate; even John Lennon admitted this was true.

this and the whole cuck-rock genre that Radiohead helped pioneer

>People only pretend it is a great album because of the medley, which is literally just work-in-progress songs stuck together to fill disc real estate; even John Lennon admitted this was true.
[citation needed]

this one bothers me the most personally, so i would agree

soyboycore
these are all great

an album can be good but overrated

>Abbey Road was really unfinished songs all stuck together. Everybody praises the album so much, but none of the songs had anything to do with each other, no thread at all, only the fact that we stuck them together.
beatlesbible.com/albums/abbey-road/4/

fuck anything ever made by bono and those u2 dipshits

haha this opinion

wish people like you weren't so deluded in thinking you had good taste

No this is appropriately rated

>what is Boy?

what is wrong about my opinion?

bingo

no idea you tell me

blindly brushing off u2 in exchange for garbage on an equal level such as radiohead or pink floyd.
just amusing.

>garbage on an equal level such as radiohead or pink floyd
wew lad

These posts would work if you could find even a single U2 song that comes even close in quality to something like Echoes or Atom Heart Mother.

if you enjoy the skits you deserve to be shot

yes to all these

You just proved my point you teenage piece of shit.

mini doom under the table agrees

but you've never considered them as shit as anything U2 has released, so there is your problem.
you're looking at it from an idiot's perspective, rather than that of someone who likes decent music.

U2 is fucking garbage. Vertigo is the worst song of all time unironically.

>Calls someone soyboy
>Likes Radiohead
Prime soyboy

t. non musician

>radiohead
>soyboy
pick one

This is so shit. 1960s and ska backwardness mixed with 'fashionable sounds of 1993'. I've never seen anyone with a musical opinion I respect like this album at all. It's like a really crap boilerplate version of Parklife with none of the sexiness or rhythm

He's right. Cheating on your wife while she has cancer is the embodiment of chad

Blur are fucking terrible in general

ITT: popular albums.

>not seperating art from artist
KEK

jeez imagine getting pissed over someones opinion

the skits are fucking tasty

separating*

actually quite the opposite. but i bet you're doing really well at teaching yourself guitar. lmao.

How is it not soyboy?

how is the music itself soyboy? again i dont care for

Hey did you hear what john lennon did

>actually quite the opposite
Oh how many songs have you published?

yeah i dont give a fuck ill still enjoy the music

>how is the music itself soyboy?
Yes, explain.
>again i dont care for
[citation needed]

I think he beat his wife

I've never consciously listened to a u2 song and i never will
they suck hard

Incorrect way to judge art

how about you explain how it is soyboy

>Incorrect way to judge art
WTFFF this artist is a BAD GUY HE DID BAD THINGS!! nOW this album that i always like SUCKS LOLL!!!!

>how about you explain how it is soyboy
When did I claim it was?

Still waiting for your answer

what? dude I think you're confused. check my replies first

Incorrect questions to ask oneself when judging art

I don't think you are cut out for this

>Oh how many songs have you published?
love how thinking that you have a soundcloud account makes you think you're a published artist.

however, a few dozen as i work as a composer for a independent company that works with different companies in either marketing or indie videogames. they come to us with an idea, we write it.
classically trained in piano, violin, guitar, cello, and can play most woodwind instruments.
but i guess this isn't an e-peen fight.

oh i also make noise which i put on my soundcloud account, and circulate the local scene.

Didn't answer either of my questions. Try again
>soundcloud
When did I mentioned soundcloud? I mean actually published material

>a few dozen
Oh... is that it? Not much

>oh i also make noise which i put on my soundcloud account
Oh well that explains your lack of musical intellect

How many songs have you published?

you are so wrong

i am surprised you even replied.

you gotta try at something i guess.

Nah, they're funny and the instrumentals are cool

Not an argument

Try again

Radiohead is prime soyboy.

some faggot actually typed this out damn

i can't believe there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who actually think u2 has one iota of decent music in their whole career

How is Radiohead soyboy when Kid A is soyboy repellent incarnate?

welcome to the obligatory contrarian circlejerk

Somewhat overrated but still great
The Wall is massively overrated

No

Not overrated on this board but in general yes

No

Same as DSotM

Overrated on here, underrated among the general public

Maybe a little, it has too much filler

All britpop is ass

>soyboys really believe this

It's good. I thought it was overrated and it grew on me. It clicked after listening to it sporadically for 3 years. Try listening to acoustic versions of the songs in the album. This is what got me to really appreciate the album.

radiohead's entire discography has been this way for me honestly

I like Bullet the Blue Sky and that's about it. Is that an iota?

They have a talent for writing good songs and then fucking them up in the studio.

After I first listened to Kid A and heard how they'd ruined Motion Picture Soundtrack, I was despondent. What a letdown that album was

on mu at least

que?

their production is the GOAT

for me it actually seemed like the reverse the first couple of listens, that their production was the only genuinely good thing about them

but once i actually familiarised myself with the songs, i realised how good they were too

i chalk it up to how slowly the melodies move which at first makes them harder to stick with you

the grimes threads have temporarily been replaced by jkmommy threads

Fantano was right.
meh.

Overall I think it's their best but there are better moments of song writing in their later releases.
Let Down is fucking god tier though and I won't let anyone tell me otherwise.

Joshua Tree

Or pretty much any U2 album. They're like Radiohead with out any ear for experimentation. Or like, a proto-Coldplay...but people have sucked their dick worldwide since the 80s.

Why? It's so...bland, it takes no risks and offers no surprises or progression in return.

Only metal noobs think this is great because they've never heard anything more technical. Everyone else knows that Master and RtL are better

Overrated, sure, no album deserves as much airplay as this one gets. That aside, it is really fucking good.

Any music that is either sophisticated, intense, and contemporary or it's not mellow and unpretentious is highly overrated music as it's among the most low test soyboy music out there. Low test music is objectively horrible as ilow test means low body activity which also means low brain activity.

THIS

Sup Forums hates grimes

pretty easy desu

So bloated

Kendrick has some excellent albums, TPAB is overrated but its still a great album

how is it overrated

i mean it either gets people going “10/10 flawless the best album ever made, best artist ever” etc. or “0/10 absolute garbage” when it’s obviously somewhere in between like pretty much all music ever made

Kanye is overrated in general

Came here to post this

Good but no classic like everyone says

Anything Grimes because her music is at best a 0/10. I am convinced all the Grimes threads are elaborate trolls

jeez sounds like a fun game, let me try
>traps are ok
did it work?

Such a good album
>SUCH A PRETTY HOUSE AND SUCH A PRETTY GARDEN
Melancholic masterpiece

3 good song do not make a masterpiece