Disney is dying, and it's because of ESPN

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

How JUST can one company be?

E!SPN is fucking dying bros, we're witnessing the last gasps of a once immortal titan in ESPN.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZptmsjBSat4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>disney
>dying
pick one

ESPN did this to themselves. I've no sympathy for them.

Meant ESPN, not Disney.

The greater platform of Disney will obviously survive, but they'll give up ESPN eventually when it's hurting them more than helping.

whos gonna replace ESPN once it dies though? NBC sports, or will I have to buy the premium channels to watch all the NFL, NHL, and baseball games i want?

ESPN deserves this shit. Once they dropped hockey, it never got back. After removing schilling for fucking Mendoza during sunday night baseball, it went off a cliff even more. FS1 is better, even if they don't cover hockey

oh sure, but they deserve kinda it. anyone with half a brain in that organization would be able to see this happening.

> FS1 is better, even if they don't cover hockey
FS1 is hot garbage that has been trying to carbon copy ESPN for the past year for god knows what fucking reason.

Now it's all hot take shitters like skeeyup and cowherd literally spewing nonsense, and they fucking switched to video and got rid of any good writers.

Streaming is the future, and there should be a channel that has all sports on them, like hockey and baseball. Problem is that we need a new type of channel to emerge, which is unlikely because TV is dying

Disney will never fall. Those bastards buy up anything and will make a profit off of it, unless it's ESPN with its blatant shilling for diversity.

They went all-in with the leftist agenda identity politics after the embarrassing Tebow stuff and, in doing so, alienated the core sports audience. No fucking wonder why their ratings are shit

The problem is the greedy cunts wanting more and more shekels. They haven't figured out how to scam us with streaming subscriptions yet.

HINT: Charge a fucking fair price and we'll pay for it. Rip us off and we'll find free streams.

This will happen. Just look at MLB TV, and how you have blackouts for certain games, but you pay just once for one season, which isn't too bad. Same applies for the NHL with some games being blocked for the team you like.

>Now it's all hot take shitters like skeeyup
take that back
youtube.com/watch?v=ZptmsjBSat4

TV isn't dying. It's evolving. Once cable actually catches up, they will regain plenty of subscribers. It's overpriced and doesn't allow any sort of custom packages etc. Once it becomes more affordable and with more customization, people will have cable. Things like Youtube TV will be popular for a reason, because people still want to watch TV.

SJ never sold a dime

ESPN went all in with SJW shit and niggers. I'm sure sports is only a couple years from being completely coopted by numales and women.

Nu males will be covering the NBA and NFL. Watch as there's a women kicker, then a punter, then a cornerback, then a quarterback. Soon there will be rules where if you injure a female player, it's a suspension and with no pay. Soon it spreads to every sport and the same shit happens. SJW's have fucked up sports for us, and it'll show in the next 3-5 years

*saves your industry*

>""""saves"""
>getting beat out in ratings by repeat M.A.S.H. episodes

FS1's ratings a fucking joke my man. Even worse than ESPN's.

Disney will be fine

the point being that they bought it hoping to have a sure thing in their back pocket, and it's proving to be anything but

rofl Disney isn't dying anytime soon
But yeah ESPN is holding Disney back
Disney cares more about holding onto the SJW agenda sports market than profit

It's not Disney that I was referring to as dying, I was talking about ESPN itself.

Disney could literally cease all means of generating income for the next ten years and still be surviving better than most companies.

>mfw latinamerican ESPN is actually decent

Sky have started doing this. Problem is it's still too expensive. It's not about being able to afford it. It's about paying a fair price. Stop ripping us off.

The leagues need to cut off the tv companies altogether and sell their own shit netflix style.

this post is AIDS. mendoza is unironically a much better studio analyst than schilling and FS1 is fucking garbage.

>Star Wars
>Marvel
>Pixar
>ABC
>all those other movies
>their theme parks
yea, they're fine

>44 percent of the company’s profits currently come from cable television
lmao just lmao

>blackouts for your local market

why the fuck would i buy that

Kind of true except when they are talking about fucking Mexico.

linear tv is dying though.

lel this

Disney hasn't been this strong for a long time, maybe ever

I think the Trump effect will prevent any female from playing in a mens league for a while, but the fandom will definitely be numales and women and the league's rules will be changed to accommodate that. We already see it with 3 point spamming in NBA and less and less physical contact in the NFL.

its probably selling content for TV, no?

doesn't disney has the movie market pretty much on hold?

It won't. It'll fuel these idiots to do it because they believe that they're resisting a nazi regime in trump by having women players in the NBA and NHL. If you put a women in the NHL, she would complain constantly that the game is hurting her rather then tough it up. Same goes for the NFL

>trump effect will prevent women from playing in a men's league
>the most conservative sports league with the most Trump supporters, NASCAR , already has a female driver in it

>The leagues need to cut off the tv companies altogether and sell their own shit netflix style.

Ideally they would but that would require the league (or their teams) to manage their own production crews. Some big teams might already do that or be OK with starting it but I doubt that the majority of any league would be.

>turnleft

lmao might as well talk about esports

NHL has some conservatives as well, but there's the fair share of nu males as well.

Disney still will rake in cash. Only when people start noting their agenda will they start losing their agenda

the future is gonna most likely be esports and motorsports/robots. Humans are physically pathetic but we are the greatest engineers on this planet. We want to see the best of the best and humans doing anything physical is not the best when a baby orangutan could rips your arms from their socket.

>still making huge profits
>dying

OH NO NO NO AH AHH AHH HAHAHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>orangutan
>throwing a football
>dunking a basketball
gtfo numale

You think a chimp can't learn to do those things? open your damn eyes, both those sports are nothing but apes now.

>movie studios get 50% from theaters
>china gets 75%
>you have to make more than double your budget just to break even
People still think movies are profitable smfh

Its even worse with animation. Unless you have a good film, then your movie won't make its money back

the issue is they barely show live sports. they have monday night football for nfl and thats it. they lost a shit ton of college football leagues to fox. they have the odd baseball game with their annoying female broadcaster. and then a whole lot of niggerball. great network guys, really

>Unless you have a good film, then your movie won't make its money back
Explain the Despicable Me series, then.

Meanwhile Fox Sports fired its writers and now relies on begging other writers for content on twitter.

Merchandise and idiots like that shit. Plus illumination has a cheap animation budget that guarantees they'll make their cash back

Disney are a cancer company that shoved sjw politics into everything it buys.
Didnt work with sports because people watch sports to forget about politics.
Also didnt work with marvel because the sales plummeted and DC is beating those bitches.

I think its time that media move pass the obongo years and tell sjw's to suck eggs. If they actually care about the profit motive they will

Pretty much this, lol. And they lost the "highlights" sector to the internet at large.

E!SPN

>barely show live sports
>monday night football, which they were lucky to get because all other games air on broadcast TV for ratings
>ton of college football games and all the major bowl games and national championship
>air baseball games a few nights a week when baseball is a regional rather than national sport anyway and national games get shit ratings
>a whole lot of "niggerball", aka more live sports

>claim they "barely show live sports anymore"

Trump voters everyone

Fuck off. ESPN is 90% cuck actors 'debating' each other about bullshit.

The channel comes with basic cable, so its not really too expensive even sling has it. If you're a bandwagoner or a guy who wants to watch the twins like me it's worth paying.

>He doesn't see what ESPN really shows

Fuck off. I'd rather hear my team have their games announced by ron darling then have to sit through mendoza comparing beisball to softball endlessly

ESPN turned into either sports gossip women shit or like promoting sjw identity politics, like giving that tranny an award or promoting that gay faggot football player.
They stopped talking about sports.
Pretty much everything Disney buys turns into sjw cancer.
They did the same thing to marvel comics. They got rid of all the white super heros and replaced them with gay handicapped nigger trannies. Sales for marvel have plummeted and it would go bankrupt if it weren't for the movies.
Disney would rather push a political agenda than do good business. And people arent stupid, they notice that.

Or with the case of their live games, endless "hype" that has been built up over something silly or unnecessary

women cant drive nor play video games well, they talk about the physical body being their only downfall in sports but esports and driving show it goes further than that.

having hot take live shitposting is fine because it can be entertaining, but the "hashtag wars" and pathetic liberal pandering is the problem
at least skip and shannon talk about actual fucking sports and not political shit

literally no one will watch those leagues then, and a new league for ex-NCAA players to play in will pop up immediately

They barely do. Those things that I mentioned are the few remaining examples and are heavily out played by their garbage "analysis" shows

>turn on PTI
> some manlet cuck beaner 12 a fag named Pablo Torres is talking like he's an expert though he's cleary never played a sport
>some skelly SJW named Boomani Jones is talking about global warming

I'm shocked it's not a big hit

yeah espn may be a garbage network full of talking head bullshit but saying they dont air any live sports is a lie

the summer is obviously a dead time because all that exists is baseball but the fall?

>college football all day saturday on multiple networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU
>monday night football
>nba games (even though the nba sucks) multiple nights a week
>still air weekly baseball games
>also air a number of soccer games including the world cup (say what you will about soccer, its still live sports)

what ESPN really shows? what they really show are a large number of live sports

i dont care about announcers because i dont watch sports to listen to announcers. thats your fault that baseball is so boring that the announcers have to fill hours of gametime with personal anecdotes

It also doesn't help that they're going to have so much money that they could buy anything. It's sickening how they can change a company from being non biased in politics to one that leans left. Everywhere you look, everything leans left.

Yep. That will wind up having some tie in to 'progressive' politics.

Fuck ESPN

Wow, great. The entire sports network is gracious enough to interrupt their propaganda to show live sports 10% of the time. I take it all back.

>walt disney sr is literally spinning in his grave rn

>Talks about the MLB HR derby
>Brings up judge
>Has to point out that he's mixed

Well, they'll just chain-produce Star Wars shit and they'll print money forever.

Leans left? ESPN is straight up unabashed propaganda.

what the fuck live sports do you expect ESPN to air when there are literally no sports on?

do you expect them to have contracts with every major league baseball team to have games running all day long all summer long even though its huge for regional networks?

do you expect them to air nba games all evening for the entire season and take contracts from local networks

do you expect them to buy contracts for NFL sunday to tkae it away from nbc, cbs and fox?

what do you want them to do exactly? they have nfl games, nba, mlb, college football, college basketball, occasional soccer games.

it's all the live sports contracts that are causing them the major financial trouble because of cord cutters, and you want them to get MORE contracts?

holy shit you're a fucking mongoloid.

Its propaganda that is left unchecked and is a reason why people vote for trump. People get sick of this shit when you continue to say that "we need gays and women in these sports leagues! We need more blacks in the NHL! We need kaepernick to get signed or every NFL owner is like a slave owner!" And this has no filter at all

Do I expect the entire sports network to show sports?

fuck off. How aboutthey cut the 5 channels they've got going down to one, and fuck off with their sports as a backdrop for commie propaganda programming?

people are just getting tired of marvel movies in general. they dont want to watch spiderman12: we got another new actor, or xmen25: cyclops goes to lenscrafters

>wants network to show sports
>is fine with fox sports 1 airing nothing but talking head shows about sports all day but espn is bad for doing it

>give evidence of all the live sports they air and ask what you'd want them to do with contracts they can't get and what live sports to air where literally no live sports are on
>still no response
>all he does it talk about "commie propaganda" and "durr i want sports"

mongoloid trump voters ladies and gentlemen

MAKE ESPN GREAT AGAIN

SO TIRED OF WINNING

Movies in general are lost. How many original movies have been done this year that have done successful? You'd be damned to get it because movies have become a mere dead medium. Especially animation

More bullshit.

FS1 is just the flipside of the same coin. It's the goad the reactionary right with blackmailed Kaepernick channel.

But nice attempt at wedge driving you lowlife shill.

So you meant to say ESPN is dying and it's because of ESPN? That doesn't make sense, especially in the context of your picture. I'm not trying to be mean about this, but you shouldn't lie user.

I'm sick of ESPNs bullshit sjw propagand. I turned them the fuck off awhile ago. Disney should eat lots of sick for ruining every movie they touch with niggers. Boycott or stream for free

What the fuck do I need or want ESPN for? I buy the NFL ticket if I want to watch the NFL for instance.

ESPN takes money off the top of every cable subscription (more than any other channel) whether I want it or not and proceed to shove their commie agenda down my throat.

You act like they're doing me some kind of favor.

Fuck off and fuck ESPN.

If you're talking about the comics, then that is completely Marvel's own fault, DC is kicking their shit in however, that is true.
dude, the only thing I even bother with watching is PTI, used to be with ATH, but that shit went way overboard with pandering, like a lot of the content on ESPN
kornheiser and wilbon seem to be edging nearer and nearer to abandoning this sinking ship. they could charge a shit load of money and somebody would pay for them.

>go on sports nation blog for local team
>fans arguing that a woman could play goaltender because she back ups some shit league in Eurasia
>mfw

PTI is unwatchable now too. RIP

Even Fat Wilbon shows up less, seems like Tony wants to just check out on his social security and Michael just wants to cover the NBA, assuming that's where he makes all his big money

Tony complained on air about the influx of political topics.

Yea but Disney continually shoots themself in th dick. They are about to remove all their movies from Netflix and start their own streaming service

>nu males
I blame the swedes

Too based for this shit network. People turn to sports to get AWAY from that shit, I don't want to hear about some mentally ill fag cutting his genitals and claiming persecution because of it

It's not the swedes. I'm talking about the fans. I go to islanders games and some are borderline hipsters. Plus there's tons of jews at the games, so that's a downfall

ATH went downhill the first time that cunt Jemele Hill was allowed on. The show was great when it was mostly old white guys arguing about sports, now the old white guys are in the minority (ironic) and it's just shit. I don't give a fuck about any goddamned female sportswriter besides OCCASIONALLY Jackie McMullin, so when they appear on the show it's mostly blank noise when they start yammering on. Fucking Jemele Hill was the worst though, I simply cannot understand how this simple-minded fucking cunt has a career, it boggles my mind

Look, we can blame the politics all we want, but it's mostly because of the death of cable television. ESPN had a sweet deal where every single cable subscriber in America, regardless of if they watched ESPN or not, was paying a substantial amount of their bills simply for ESPN. Even people who hated ESPN and never watched it essentially became lost customers when they cut their cables. And ESPN turned their massive cable profits into massive contracts with the NBA, NFL, MLB and NCAA, so when cable cutting became a real cultural trend it made these contracts untenable for the length that they signed them to. That's what is killing ESPN.

But it is also very true that ESPN is hurting itself through it's constant shrieking about politics and race and non-sports talk. They even advertise Sportscenter as being about "oh, a little of everything" and saying they would talk about politics or movies (coincidentally always movies produced by Disney subsidiaries strangely enough) or music or television. Sportscenter, as the name suggests should be about fucking sports, I don't think that's asking too much. But they are largely turning into this HuffPo-style editorial rag simply because the cable cutters are destroying their business model. It's like a fish being taken out of the water and put in the boat as it flails around irrationally trying to fix its situation and it's just hastening its demise.

>surprised there are jews at new york sports games
uhhhhhhh what? no shit? this is like complaining there are a lot of irish and italians at bruins games

I blame Kaepernick. Sports fans want to watch sports, not listen about how some whiny rich boy faggot muslim vegan is "taking a stand against injustices in this country". No one cares, they just wanna see some highlights and find out if their team won or lost. Fuck your hot takes.

> dc is beating marvel

They made 1 movie that made money big fucking deal. Marvel is top of the box office every time a movie comes out for weeks.

>Yfw New York had all the Italians and Irish
>They all left to New Jersey

I want out of this shitty state

>They all left to New Jersey

more like Florida

Explain why literally every other cable channel that is worth it's weight is handling the decline of cable subscriptions perfectly well then?

How come ESPN is the ONLY one that is really hemorrhaging from it?

Because of their own retardation. They've signed countless broadcasting deals that are absolute fucking abominations that are completely draining them. They've fired tons and tons of extremely high profile writers as well as many more well enough that were notches below them. They've pushed some pretty exhausting political agendas and their rhetoric has become tumblr-tier and fares likewise to that of its polar opposite in ferocity a la Trump.

They took a general platform, with broad appeal to all ages and sexes, and instead transformed it into a hotbed of those most dedicated to opine on any political topic, all with conformity of a leftwing view, and took away the few luxuries that folks have for escaping real world problems.

And yet it gets chocked up to "but it's only because cable is dying!"

No. No that's not the whole fucking story and you know it.

>Racebait and promote SJW shit all the time
>Act surprised when this happens

Will America ever be One Nation Under God again? Are we doomed to racial division forever?

>Explain why literally every other cable channel that is worth it's weight is handling the decline of cable subscriptions perfectly well then?
Did you not understand that ESPN is literally getting 8 dollars per month from every single person who has a cable subscription, regardless of whether they watch their channel or not? There are some other networks getting that type of deal but nowhere near the level ESPN was getting.