Patriotism

How patriotic are you lads?
Rate your patriotism level from zero to ten.
State your reasoning.

>Rate your patriotism level from zero to ten.
>State your reasoning.
i just don't feel a reason to be proud of a random chance in which i don't have any responsability or effort by my part

OP here. I should add that my patriotism level is 4. Frankly this is a rather shitty, run-down third rate sort of place, hypocritical and pompous, tagging along with America and Israel in all things and many poeple are unthinking animals. Some nice things like countryside, curry, NHS, beer redeem it somewhat.

But you do play your part in making your country better or worse by your actions, as did your ancestors.

Being a citizen of two countries who's populations hate each other, I don't know what I should feel patriotic to or for.

only fools proud of something which nothing to do with his/her own achievement.

6 or 7
We do a lot of stuff well and Canada is an above average country but there's room for improvement.

>have dual citizenship
>question of who should I be patriotic to often pops up in my head
>eventually adopt a "I'm a human bean first, and a national of these nations second"

The Italian state is a parasitic and artificial entity that was created by foreign powers in their power plays in the Mediterranean that has always worked against the interests of the people that reside in its territory

0 when it comes to belgium

5 when it comes to flanders maybe

I don't think my actions have any relevance for the future of my country

i'm no one

The golden rule of investing is to never put all your eggs in one basket. The silver rule is to never be at the mercy of unthinking masses (i.e. literally every democracy). That's why I try to diversify my options as much as possible and don't become attached to anything unless I have a lot of control over it.

t. unabashed globalist with citizenship in three countries

>only fools proud of something which nothing to do with his/her own achievement.
based nip, but I think OP is referring to patriotism as "will you smash a nigga/get smashed by a nigga for your country"

basically same here
>be paki american
>try to be patriotic american, get shunned by "you have to go back" posters; will always be a hyphenated american; pakis have consistently the lowest or near lowest rating among Americans in polls
>try to be patriotic paki; "you can't comment on paki politics, you don't spend most of your time here"; "you only speak urdu, not a ethnic language, lol" etc

child of immigrants feels

bydlo (95%) - as patriotic as they can. altho in actual fact usually for them it's just a handy reason to start a fight with someone who smarter or wealthier than them
intelligentsia (5%): patriotism end at love for the language, literature, music, landscapes, climate and metaphorical invisible things such as the "soul" etc.
people of Television nationality: may vary from -10 to +10 (depends on who pays the most)

Patriotism is a spook, but most of the people I like live here, so I want to make it a nice place.

Pls stop ;-; all your countries are lovely and you should be thankful to be alive
Life might be hard now but this is only momentarily
The fact that many of you have the sense of humour and interest in other cultures to come here on this board instead of Sup Forums or Reddit shows that you all have a lot of potential
Please don't feel like your current state is your permanent state I guarantee life has much better things for you
(Except jorge, iki, and Canadian guy)

like 2
america is the greatest nation but at the same time a hell on earth
we don't get to live very long

I don't make a show of it.

4, more due to Stockholm syndrome than anything. I was born here and I don't really want to leave, but things are bad outside the rich suburbs.
It'll take at least two more generations to make things right again, and that's assuming the U.S. doesn't kill itself or completely collapse in the meantime.

"Disillusioned" is a big word, just like "complacency".

>How patriotic are you lads?
football team is playing/ten
i even hang the flag at the yard while it's playing

I like my country and i identify as a finn but i have no overly patriotic feelings because we aren't the only country in the world.

It's neither, at least on a national scale. If you go on a state by state basis then maybe you'd be right.

6-7 because this country has treated me well.
But I travel a lot and see the entire world as my home.

because I'm not from some 4th world shithole. "Earth is my nation". "Globalization has come". Eat dick hippies, I can guess exactly where people who utters these words come from.