What is the absolute worst Simpson episode?

What is the absolute worst Simpson episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worst_Episode_Ever
youtube.com/watch?v=xK_Ahtg5CxE
youtube.com/watch?v=AENEedWy_kU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't get it

Lisa the Tumblr computer programmer episode

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worst_Episode_Ever

The Armin Tamzarian one. That's when they jumped the shark.

What's going on here?

Communist leftists, the episode

t. a liberal

the one that opened with the Ke$ha song

Same fuckers preaching gay interracial sex inside a church are the same fuckers dealing corporate interests to the banks.

Please die.

Saddlesore Galactica or Lisa Goes Gaga. Both show the worst traits of post-classics Simpsons in different ways

Marge becomes a successful woman and Homer is her trophy husband. But he is afraid she will dump him for someone better, so he starts doing a lot of plastic surgires until he becomes that

According to WEE podcast its S22E13 - The Blue and the Gray

I say interracial because we all know black males are kawaii, yet black women are dog. Saying nothing of their lack of intelligence.

I never cringed harder in my life, I didn't even watch the episode after the intro.

I hate the new Simpsons

My only hope now is it'll go on so long it comes full circle and gets good again

Is forgettable unfunny mediocrity worse than wacky unfunny bullshit or cringey celebrity roles?

The one centered entirely around Lady Gaga. Runner up has to be Homer Buffalkill.

I've never watched S6 and S7 of Futurama

Did it ever get anywhere near as bad as current Simpsons?

Look up episodes showran by Matt Selman. They are as close as you're going to get to classic Simpsons from the modern show

There were at least a couple cringe fest episodes.

But there were also some really good ones.

Yes. Many similar issues.

There were still a few great episodes, though. Watch Prisoner of Benda, which is arguably the best episode of the entire run

anything from X date

The Late Phillip J Fry is good too.

The rest are trash though.

Arguably worse. Simpsons had a steady decline you saw coming. Futurama was abrupt, terrible, and so bad/different it may as well have been a different show. Not a single redeemable thing about it.

>Simpsons had a steady decline you saw coming
U wot m8? The show fell off a cliff after Season 8, which still contained a ton of classics

It should also be noted that it turned out to be all a dream and Homer never actually went through with his surgeries

The one where Lisa becomes a Wiccan or whatever was fucking terrible. Any Lisa-centric episode really

>S9 is complete shit

This meme needs to stop

This one
youtube.com/watch?v=xK_Ahtg5CxE

As someone who stopped after season 12, I'm going through watching some of these episodes as you post them.

They are...just terrible.

The one with kenaf Dunham was one of the most genuinely revolting pieces of television I've ever seen, it went way beyond angry dad the movie or lisa goes gaga, though I was only able to stomach about five minutes of each.

Matt Groening deserves far far worse criticism than Lucas ever received. They even had the balls to make an episode insulting Lucas

what is *the* best episode, since we're talking about worst?

Homer Badman

>Not naming it the CARL SAGAn

How would you describe Simpsons decline?

The World of Warcraft one is the worst I ever saw. There were absolutely no jokes, not even attempts at jokes, just references that weren't even right. Maybe it's because South Park did such an amazing WoW episode, but it was just terrible.

>Not a single redeemable thing about it.
Except for the fact that there were half a dozen good episodes, a couple of which so great they're arguably the best Futurama episodes period - the time traveling one where Fry, Bender, and The Professor go to the end of time comes to mind.

>Simpsons had a steady decline you saw coming. Futurama was abrupt

this, it was so weird, suddenly everything was awful, at least with simpsons it was really slow (since season 9-12)

he said best not painfully average. try again

Half a dozen great episodes out of 50 episodes the two new seasons consisted of is not a good batting average. Yes, I think there were about 6 great episodes among the new seasons. Overall though I don't think 6 great episodes were worth bringing it back.

The show's tone was changed, more frequent reliance on pop culture references which don't fucking make sense 1000 years in the future was terrible, and it just felt like the writers forgot who these characters even were.

Who shot Mr. Burns

They were already on the decline after 5. That's what happens to most shows.

Most successful shows only go a few more years past that at most, though. It never reaches this point.

>he fell for the late Phillip J fry meme

That episode was forced as hell. Trying to imitate the shows former glory, without the inspiration to back it up.

No it started declining after 5. Anyone who saw episodes from 6 7 or 8 for the first time after the age of 15 can see that.

>arguably the best futurama episodes period

Let's not get carried away

>the late Phillip J Fry

I think fans recognized that this in a way resembled the old ways and desperately clung to it and convinced themselves that they liked it more than they did. But it really wasn't anything special. It felt forced. and I wish this meme answer would die.

The Late Phillip J Fry is a classic episode, and it absolutely deserved the Emmy Award it received.

I genuinely see it as a good episode.

Lady Gaga one, hands fucking down.

> reliance on pop culture

that knackered Futurama for me. I think Fry says something about the Kardashians, which he wouldn't know about, being from 1999, and the people 1000 years later would know NOTHING about.

stay mad Sup Forumscuck

The Obama episode was arguably worse.

That was really bad, and I didn't vote for trump. Whenever a show just becomes a propaganda wing for the democratic party, it's time to jump ship (the same would be true of the Republican Party but I just don't see that happen).

But you know if you're gonna become a leftist propaganda wing, why not do it for a true leftist, like Jill Stein? She'd have given us NEETbux. If you didn't vote for Jill Stein you are not a true robot and need to get the fuck off my board.

Well then you guys were probably still in college when you first saw it. Watch it again in 15 years and tell me how it watches.

Why the hell would I still be on this board in my mid to late 30s?

Simpsons has always been "leftist propaganda" though, most comedy is. Conservative don't really have a sense of humor past [insert racist stereotype here].

The one where the town tries to convince Bart to kill himself. I get that it was meant to portray how crazy Americans get when it comes to sports, even if it's just a children's game, but they took it too far.

What part of you're here forever do you not understand?

all of them, you just stopped being 12.

All of them?

Simpsons was never good

It was always a lot lighter, though. It wasn't as tribal as it became. Most good humor is apolitical. When you try to get political, it makes it unfunny, or may be funny in spite of it. Rarely is it funny because of it. Most people just clap or cheer at leftist political humor. Rarely do they laugh.

Frankly I think Sup Forums in it's glory days was way funnier and more creative than most comedies on tv, especially the daily show spin offs.

Anyone who says something other than "Lady Gaga" or "Lena Dunham back tattoo dream" has failed to watch enough of the terrible years to have a valid opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=AENEedWy_kU

>Have the collection up to season 12
>Never saw the new seasons past season 17
>Subtle dry humor and witty banter/satire have turned into pure sarcasm and slapstick

>Watch new seasons, pick random episode
>Lady Gaga episode
>Characters are now pandering and trying their hardest to fit in and follow trends
>used to make fun of those things and got the celebrity guests to play along while treating them as just part of the show and not a special deal

had a rough childhood and Simpsons made it a little better. Kinda hurts to see it devolve like this now.

having just seen the Lena Dunham one, I can agree it's absolute dreck.

This is one of the few new ones I've seen, and it made me sick.

does anybody else really REALLY hates characters smilling all the time when they're not speaking/moving?
it really triggers me
even south park started doing that shit now

Oh my god this is a perfect example of why the Simpsons is terrible now. They have absolutely no sense of rhythm or timing it's just like a slide show of jokes.

I noticed it with family guy first

It makes watching these things high almost impossible

This was the last "new" episode I watched.
Completely turned me off from the series

The one where Lisa fakes her death after they cut down that tree.

i think you might have autism user

>why the hell would I still be here when I make friends?
>why the hell would I still be here when I get a job?
>why the hell would I still be here when I get a gf?
>why the hell would I still be here when I when I buy a house?

Yet I'm still here. You're here forever.

The softball episode, probably

>"the worst is yet to come"
>they're completely self-aware of how bad the show has gotten and don't give a shit
I guess i can't be mad

satudays of thunder

Oh lord we got fresh meat boys.
Dont forget you're here for ever!

Mine would have to be homer the heretic or the monorail.

Is anyone streaming simpsons? I want to watch some simpsons with Sup Forums right now.

Uh, why does a muscular Homer make my genitals tingle?

As a hardcore fan who would watch Simpsons every night before sleep and having suffered through a lot of terrible seasons I had to put a stop to it with the Lady Gaga episode. I just couldn't finish it.

I just had the misfortune of watching the latest Treehouse of Horror. I hated every moment.

damn they are usually the only new episodes i can stand.

fug :(

Just let it die

all the talent and good writers went to bojack and american dad

I mean I laughed twice but then there was another 10 minutes of horrible comedy and shoehorned references.

I always hated "the Simpsons go somewhere and just make obvious jokes about the culture" episodes. They were always too obvious and lazy.

dont forget the horrible editing and direction

and animation

Yeah. There was never yawn-inducing talking heads scenes like that one. Or if there was a longer talking scene with rolling background, it was filled with also visual gags

bart vs australia is the only good episode of this format

>DAMN, Homer looks like THAT?

>they're STILL doing the "Sideshow Mel says something dramatically" shit

you really need to look up who's lobbying whom in congress

NEW FISH

Do seeing them smile at the camera make you uncomfortable?

Would you feel better if they were just neutral when not doing anything?

The Nirvana one.

>implying Kanye won't be president

It was worse. Tried to modernise a show set in the fucking future. Absolutely abominable.