The Leftovers

Will Lindelof fuck it up?

>Between Seasons 1 and 2, the show relocated its characters from suburban New York to rural Texas; we learned earlier this year that we would once again face a change in the scenery for Season 3, when The Leftovers moves to Australia for the bulk of the season.

>But the move to Australia won't be the only big change ahead for Leftovers fans when Season 3 premieres. They'll also be treated to an increased focus on one of the show's peripheral characters, protagonist Kevin's mentally ill former police chief father Kevin Garvey, Sr. (Scott Glenn). Glenn was a recurring presence throughout the show's first two seasons, although the actor has been promoted to a series regular for Season 3 — and his character is the driving force behind the show's relocation, since Kevin Sr. was last seen in a vision while camping out in an Australian cave.

This is a top 10 all time tv show if he nails the final season.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jgadSIkud4
youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-peak-of-peak-tv-keeps-climbing-455-scripted-shows-in-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He seems to know how to ride the line between magical and real, but I really hope he doesn't fuck it up.

I have a feeling Season 3 will be great.

Leftovers has to be the most unerrated show this decade.

Why is he so obsessed with Australia?

It's not underrated by anyone who watches it. Same with Rectify and The Americans. Probably my favourite shows on tv at the moment but not many people are watching them.

Daily reminder that this no taste shitposting and shill board uniformly loves this vacuous uninspired garbage and that's all the barometer you need to stay far away from it.

Sup Forums is always right

>not underrated by anyone who watches it

What

can't wait fàm

Season 2 has two of my favourite episodes of tv ever (International Assassin and No Room at the Inn)

my only gripe with the show is they really do overuse that one song, but hey ho it's not a big deal

>Rectify

How to spot a pretentious cunt. That show is garbage.

the water flows in the opposite direction

There really is no show like it

You can't rate something if you don't watch it. Everyone who watches the Leftovers loves it

I feel like a decade from now when this "peak tv" meme has ended and the glut of formulaic anti-hero/crime thriller/period piece/twist driven prestige dramas are forgotten this will get much more attention than it does now.

What other shows currently on avoid those aforementioned tropes? I loved The Young Pope and have been hearing good things about The Girlfriend Experience.

The OA explores similar terrain.

I just want to see 8 hours of my Husbando Kevin

I watched The OA and I kind of enjoyed it, but it doesnt capture that feeling of dread and hopelessness that you feel in The Leftovers. That vibe I cant really explain

Wrong

That's true. I think the music has a lot to do with creating that vibe.

Peak TV is well over and the fact that pretentious poorly constructed shit like Leftovers, Fargo, Better Call Saul, and Westworld still get praise heaped upon them for how "deep" they are is a direct sign of that.

You don't seem to understand what "peak" means.

Compare the dearth of classic television shows that were on the air in any given week a decade ago to this year.

"Peak" refers to temporary situation in which demand spikes relative to supply, incentivizing lower quality production. At the peak of the internet bubble, for example, absolutely shitty business concepts were receiving extravagant funding.

You're a boring person.

>Shit hits the fans
>This tracks starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=-jgadSIkud4

>Will Lindelof fuck it up?
No. and i base that solely on wishful thinking, hearing the end to lost was a disaster but surely he's learned
also, anyone else hatewatch this show at first? it took me until e5 or 6 to start appreciating this show

I was honestly hooked from the start

youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg

Fair enough, I was conflating it with the Golden Age. I still have no idea how you think that Leftovers is somehow immune from the lower quality of television currently, especially since it's representative of the once king of television and how fall it has fallen.

Lindelof never learns.

HBO prematurely cancelled it. That's a sure sign of a good show these days.

I really like the show, I really hope they nail it again. The only other recent show that got me emotionnal was Hannibal.
When is it programmed?

He clearly did learn, though, which is why this show isn't on NETWORK TELEVISION.

>poor man's "The OA"

I'm not the poster who said it will go down in history, although I do enjoy the show. However, I agree with the general sentiment that during "bubble" times, unconventionally brilliant projects sometimes get financed that would never get financed in normal times. In 2016, there are 455 scripted tv shows currently in production. 99% of them are crap, but one or two might turn out to be gems.

Source: tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-peak-of-peak-tv-keeps-climbing-455-scripted-shows-in-2016/

you have that backwards, user

Both seasons are shit and the third will also be shit.

The only people who think otherwise are too young to have seen lost shit all over itself and die.

Lost was garbage from the get-go. The Leftovers is actually a good show.

>Lost was garbage from the get-go
I said nothing contradictory to that.

leftovers is just lost 2.0. Its still shit, it just has less excuses as to why its shit.

Started the show a month ago

holy shit what an underrated show. This last season will probably be good

Awesome show