ITT: Depression/suicidecore albums

ITT: Depression/suicidecore albums

pink moon

someone made a big chart of a bunch of suicidecore albums, didn't save it

i'd kill myself if i ever found myself sinking to the level of liking frank sinatra too

Velvet Underground s/t

You have to be older than 14 and have actually lived life to appreciate him.

save it my friend it's all yours

>Marijuana overdose
>Filosofem
YES
FINALLY
SOMEONE GETS IT

you start OP

Sinatra was better at business/PR/marketing himself than most of his contemporaries, especially in that he figured out how to adapt to the postwar musical landscape and the new world of LPs. He also managed to remain contemporary (in an age-appropriate way) at least until the late 60s-early 70s.

You don't think the fact that he had an unmistakable voice was a huge factor too?

Also having a high-tier of songwriters, as well as a pretty decent acting career helps.

Louis Armstrong still managed to pull some tricks out of his hat including a #1 hit at the age of 62 and he was a lot older than Sinatra. But he also kept touring relentlessly in the 50s-60s, in fact some of the younger jazz guys mocked him as a dinosaur and called on him to retire.

Also he managed to release interesting material in every decade of his career. Trilogy and She Shot Me Down were some pretty ambitious projects for a guy who was in his 60s.

Sinatra attributed his success mostly to having good sense in picking out material. A lot of his peers ended up recording horrible novelty dreck or Christmas songs or other crap like that.

I don't think anyone would have expected a group like the Andrews Sisters to survive into the LP era.

>sinatra didnt put out christmas albums

No, too cheesy and novelty song-oriented. Sinatra took himself seriously and that made for a big difference.

unmistakable, my ass
the guy had a fine voice, but it was really weak
just 'cause he understood how great your voice can sound if you use your mic smartly. doesn't mean anything
i mean it was smart and all, but he had all that stuff said, so there's that

He was good at expression/delivery. There were plenty of guys with much more powerful vocals but they couldn't emote for shit.

You mean you don't hear right away if it's Sinatra who is singing? You have to be tone deaf not to.

no, not at all
i'm talking about the microphone technique he mastered to cover up how weak his voice was
of course i don't mind his songs and voice, i find many of his stuff enjoyable, but to deny the fact that he is overrated and kind of a hack is stupid

Bing Crosby actually pioneered that microphone technique first, but whatever.

Who gives a shit if he had a special microphone technique? It was still his voice and it's unmistakable,

What A Wonderful World was his last hit at the age of 66. It didn't chart in the US, but was a major British hit.

Satchmo's voice was pretty crap by the end though. He had no timbre left and just sounded like gravel.

The Andrews Sisters were cheesy, but their songs were a pretty big morale lifter during the difficult years of the war. Thing is that public tastes by the 50s didn't need that kind of music anymore. Frank Sinatra was pretty shrewd at adapting to a style that fit 50s-60s tastes.

Freeze to death

Joji

more freezing please

Piper at the Gates of Dawn is more "illicit drugs" than marijuana.

no

>Merzbow
should be it's own catagory.

Even if you listen to his stuff from the 40s, you can hear something that's lacking in other singers of that period. He wasn't fully developed as an artist in the pre-LP era, but he had an expressive ability that someone like Bing Crosby was missing.

If you can tolerate the 78 fuzz.

78 records can actually sound really good on a proper record player with a steel stylus and a big horn speaker. In particular, big band music is best appreciated on the original 78s as reissues on LPs often fucked shit up.

hissing fauna shouldn't be drug-related at all

Storytime: My dad knew a very rich ex-bobby soxer who bought all of Sinatra's 78s back in the day. She always bought them in threes--one her main "play" disc, the second a backup if the first one broke, and the third a showpiece that was never to be played. Probably not many people were wealthy enough to do that. As consequence, he got ahold of a whole pile of mint condition, never played Columbia Sinatra records.

Yeah I kind of agree. You listen to those Columbia recordings and you hear a young guy with a pleasant enough voice, but he doesn't feel fully formed as an artist yet. Listen to "I've Got The World On A String" and you think "Now there's Frank."

>unironically discussing an artist as boring as Frank Sinatra
Shig.

Better him than the multiple Paramore spam threads.

I needed this

>Iggy Pop - The Idiot on hanging
>Ian Curtis listened to it right before he hung himself

Clever

sad

The live field recording of my life that's being written and performed right now.

This is my ultimate miserable and hating everything album

Easily the most depressing album I’ve heard, but in a good way

Just listen to black metal.

Why White people always pretend to be sad?? Get over it, losers

haha ebic meme bro :-DD
reddit might be more your style, man :-DD

All the thread is full of white artist. Im serious.

>77555611

t. Tyrone wish he was white.

God is a bitch, ain't he.

ima just leave this here