The man in the high castle

The man in the high castle

Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it a metaphorical castle? Cause I see that tall building and I assume that is what it alludes to.

Shit.

maybe, but it's not referring to that building
how so have you seen s2?

To clarify I didn't mean "frau liberty". I was talking about the tall one in the back.

Yea I know

It's too biased against the Japanese.

>how so have you seen s2?
No.
I couldn't make it past episode 4.
Too ethnocentric for me.

Under the G in "high"

I admit s1 is a little shit at the start, but it gets better

It has nothing to do with any of those buildings

Do you know what building it is? If it's a spoiler don't say.

Don't know the exact name, but I think it is like a main government building in New York. Obergruppenführer John Smith works there

>Joe and Jules don't meet during the entire second season
Was way better than the first though, at least shit happens in the second and while slow it doesn't drag like that part where Julianaw as a waitress.
I still don't get why the fuck Joe joined his nazi father, I'm guessing he thought he could do some """"" goood""""" by being so close to the top?
Also
>Man in the high castle tells Resistance NOT to kill Juliana
>that single mofo decides to do it anyway
>get Karen killed due to his recklessness
>suddenly both Lem and him and apparently every single other resistance member wants Jules dead and blame Karen's death on her
Fucking Resistance members manage to be more unsympathetic than the nazis themselves
Japs did a lot of atrocities during World War 2.
If anything it's rather light on them considering the trade minister is a goody two shoes and that other main jap at least shows some sort of displeasure at having to kill innocents unlike the nazis.

Okay thanks. I'll visit it if I ever get the chance.

I think they did a shit job on Frank's and Joe's plot lines.

>Japs did a lot of atrocities during World War 2.
What major player didn't? I ask you.

I wish they'd drop Frank. He's really annoying.

I like the antiques salesman though

nice setting
good acting
well shot
poorly written
good story ruined by supernatural plot

The whole relationship between Frank and his "friend" was really cringy

I kind of wished they just killed his friend off and you could see the suffering that it caused on Frank because it would of been his fault. I liked it when Frank's sister and he children died because you could see the pain it caused him. They kind of made him a martyr in the end, but it would of been better to reinforce it.

They could have done a Punished "Venom" Frank arc, and had him pushed to the limit by the Kempeitai killing everyone he cares about, but no.

'Merica you fuck

And Britain, France, Italy, the aussies and kiwis.

>Muh war is hell meme

The sci-fi twist is what makes it great though. Otherwise it would be just House of Cards with Nazi's and Japs.

>House of Cards with Nazi's and Japs.
>not wanting that
wtf

>major players

It would get stale.
The sci-fi element adds a sense of mystery, and allows the characters who would be set in their ways to question the world they live in and their morales, waking them up to how the viewer is seeing the world, just like the book.

>The sci-fi twist is what makes it great though.

The series would be better without people jumping in and out of parallel realities by meditating and whatnot.

They went too far with the sci-fi.

I mean the supernatural thing is what drove the story line in the first place

>they went too far with the sci-fi

IT'S A SCI-FI BOOK FROM A SCI-FI AUTHOR

What did he mean by this?

why is it even sci-fi if they don't use science to jump around?

the sci-fi is parallel universes and future Nazi's

>IT'S A SCI-FI BOOK FROM A SCI-FI AUTHOR

You can base it off the book without following it step by step.

They turned a good production with a good cast into Fringe 2.0.

Garbage

>unironically thinking that America & commonwealth were all nice and clean in that conflict

>into Fringe 2.0.

sadly ur right

last season of fringe was shit

the jap characters are the best characters

trade minister is second best character desu

bump

I don't need to watch it because I am experiencing what it's like to live under an authoritarian dictatorship ruled by a racist fascist.

You live in Saudi Arabia?

Juliana is literally the worst character, while Frank and Smith are based. Every episode I was hoping Juliana would die

Liked it a lot. Looking forward to the third season. It's pretty bold that the show chose to kill off people in the end, but the whole alternate universe thing probably means we will always see more of those characters.

I really just care about my boy John Smith. I want to see him wear an american army uniform...

When the nazis bombed Washington in the flashback I got excited about seeing John smith's rise to power. Hopefully more flashbacks next season

To be fair to him though, allied atrocities probably extends to killing troops who have surrendered, not genocidal killings or vivisections and chemical agent testing

OUR
U
R

GUY
U
Y

nvm disregard what i said. here's a liki article
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II

>atomic bombings of civilian cities
>not atrocities

Young girl baking cookies with her mom. That's really evil and so abusive to make her work in the kitchen! Thank God the Nazis lost the war...

Quite a few ex-BSG actors in this show, shame they are all relegated to minor roles. I'm guessing it's because they film this show in Vancouver, like so many other shows.

Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh) was in season 2 playing a resistance priest who had maybe 5 lines of dialogue
Rick Worthy (Simon) plays one of the lead resistance members (the black guy).
Callum Keith Rennie (Leoben) plays the head of the East coast resistance in the show.

There's also a few LOST actors as well, DJ Qualls, who played Hurley's friend, and the guy who played Arzt.

Season 2 was a major step-up from the first season in quality though, I really liked it compared to the first one, which was incredibly dull and forgettable for the most part.

>tfw no glorious clean Nazi reich to live in

Just read that this guy is actually Filipino, but he plays a damn convincing Jap t.b.h. Definitely one of the better characters of the show though.

go ask your grandpa if he was in the pacific theatre. they were huge asshole niggers in ww2, way worse than to us than the nazis

obergruppenfuhrer smith is our guy. trade minister and chief inspector are also acceptable

I'm really surprised the kikes let the Nazis be shown in such a positive light in this show.

He died a virgin like a true Nazi.

>lebensborn
>brown hair
>brown eyes

???????????????????????????????????

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy sounds more interesting as a thing, but I guess that is part of the point.

Isn't that the whole point of the show though?

People are nice and fall in line as long as they're fed and clothed, past that, they don't need much more.

Lest you forget, the woman was once American. She wasn't always a Nazi. We haven't seen how true Nazis act.

s2 was better but it still feels like every scene with trade minister is just him going "ahmmm" and making a sour face

I watched the whole thing but goddamn it's SO. FUCKING. SLOW

Barely anything happens