/cyber/

This is the thread for all music genres that have a futuristic and edgy tone to them, such as:

industrial music
EBM
Harsh EBM
Aggrotech
industrial rock
industrial metal
cyber metal
cybergrind
digital hardcore
synthpunk
electroclash
hard synthwave
vaporwave
hardcore techno
hardstyle
speedcore
breakcore
terrorcore
liquid DnB
hard trance
acid trance
etc...

For now I'd like to draw your attention to this album:
youtube.com/watch?v=AzFCgP1SbI8
It's typical cyber metal: cheesy as fuck, very danceable, strong glam rock influences, loaded with references to cyberpunk works of fiction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=woY8QRmeygk
youtube.com/watch?v=gVjztUcKwdg
youtube.com/watch?v=GPp9AdG5p9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=3vnZnuqgh7U
youtu.be/710pbwRJA-4
youtube.com/watch?v=K_ONH3tGXxc
youtu.be/sQ1ZzBXkShg
youtube.com/watch?v=MtB6dXZSxyA
youtu.be/mSH69yQH7B0
youtu.be/y65QMG4Xux4
gore-tech.bandcamp.com/track/01-hex-spectrum
youtu.be/cyUgGMng3oU
youtu.be/QLVpyPCEjxU
youtube.com/watch?v=EVi17Dl7ss0&ytbChannel=S o u n d S t a t i o n
youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0&ytbChannel=TriangleMusic
youtu.be/wRqUYxs3fwM
youtube.com/watch?v=zO5fLapFnA0&t=1s
youtu.be/3t-OqWoNRfg
youtube.com/watch?v=xQLcrG7xAx8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning
youtu.be/iYiTGq-dGa8
youtu.be/zOKDuKbjhu0
youtu.be/j4IcrTmUjd4
youtu.be/YlplU6Dh_e0
youtube.com/watch?v=3RwlSsD-r0M
youtube.com/watch?v=brNx9JTHXbs
youtube.com/watch?v=6qH-GmSfeBk
youtu.be/ugdFJw3lAa4
youtu.be/_7q5fW2we7g
youtu.be/en-HmMPpze4
youtu.be/uyhwpmnEoNA
youtu.be/3A77TZs0ngA
youtu.be/RoUtmO56H18
youtu.be/BMe8PGg_Dk8
youtu.be/Pc6ldi6APWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ebm
I like And One
youtube.com/watch?v=woY8QRmeygk

that's closer to futurepop (another genre that deserves to be added in there)

okay, maybe that wasn't the best example of and one's ebm
youtube.com/watch?v=gVjztUcKwdg

also, technoman
youtube.com/watch?v=GPp9AdG5p9Y

2002-2003 is a good time for this

whats /cyb/ opinion on my man Lorn
youtube.com/watch?v=3vnZnuqgh7U

Anybody got anything more contemporary in mind? Idk if glitchy stuff counts, but I thought this was pretty cool. The fan made video works with it, too

youtu.be/710pbwRJA-4

>dubstep
I think it's shite

I think it's very dated. Very 2013. And mostly unenjoyable.

>liquid DnB
>not techstep
youtube.com/watch?v=K_ONH3tGXxc

Well, which is why I asked for something more contemporary. What you got in mind?

nothing, because music that tries to sound "contemporary" is not memorable

>anything -step
this ain't the MLG forums

fuck off

2018's gonna be a good year for flashcore I can FEEL IT

>nothing, because music that tries to sound "contemporary" is not memorable
So dated music's good, then? Ahhh I see you just don't like that cuz it's not structured like a pop song.

>this ain't the MLG forums
My bad, didn't want to trigger your pard instincts.

Great album.

Bad Blood Will Out
youtu.be/sQ1ZzBXkShg

Not my fault if the pop song structure is one of the very best song structures possible.

But no, I mostly don't like it because it's got no discernible groove. It's just mildly annoying.

>the pop song structure is one of the very best song structures possible
brainletwojak.png

>dubstep
its futuristic downtempo get your facts straight
now /cyb/ how about this

youtube.com/watch?v=MtB6dXZSxyA

wow, is that what it's like to fall for the idem meme?

Deanimate
youtu.be/mSH69yQH7B0

Best Post Industrial album of the last 15 years if you ask me.

1500+ years of music tradition is idem and a meme yes

it's witch house
it's edgy but not meant to be futuristic.

Maybe post it on /dark/ when everyone who has good taste isn't around.

My favourite, thanks Sup Forums for recommending it a year or so ago I listen to it all the time.

Electro-Soma is good too.

Sort of related but I love Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works but I'm not a fan of Richard D James album, why are they so different?

>implying your pedantic ass listens to anything made prior to 1969

No it's not. You're too much of a pleb to go outside pop structures with grooves. Music doesn't have to be groove based and the fact that you dismiss anything not based in groove means you need to leave this board. A pop structure is very limited in the realm of musical expression, not allowingdevelopment of melody or harmony at all, lacking the organic feel of something more minimalist structured, nor would it be able to layer and experiment with a wide variety of different sounds like an artist like Qebrus. Pop structures in music literally exist to sell music to more people because they are easy to digest and thus cater to the lowest common denominator.

ugh should bear in mind from now on that no one but underage redditors browse these threads. enjoy your synthwave circlejerking you pseuds

don't turn this into /bleep/

>implying there aren't horses of ppl on this board that actually go outside popular music

Not everyone else in this board's like you, dude. Hell not everyone itt's like you. It's why you're getting called out for trying to act like an elitist while having the most basic music taste.

Hands Fall Backwards
youtu.be/y65QMG4Xux4

Extremely underrated U.K. Band who's music came down somewhere between Post Punk, Industrial and EBM.

>not listening to field recordings of Brazillian fart opera on a theme of Paganini

oh yeah
new richard devine this year boys
and for the nerd that was posting fucking LORN please listen to some good """dubstep""" or whatever the fuck you wanna call that airy mess of bullshit
gore-tech.bandcamp.com/track/01-hex-spectrum

I go outside of pop structures and grooves but I don't pretend that it's any better than "lowest common denominator" stuff, you living, breathing joke of a music listener.

That glitch stuff you posted is about as interesting to listen to as rain. It's finely-crafted, intricate, complicated and also very unimpressive.

reminder to listen to the classics

now that's some nice stuff

I like this

>ugh
>pseuds

still their best album

>but I don't pretend that it's any better than "lowest common denominator" stuff
watch out everyone we've got a liberal relativist """"patrician"""" on our hands here he's gonna explain us plebs how kendrick is more intricate than bach and how he knows things better than academics and professional musicians because he's been listening to music for 5 years out of the 20 he's been on this world while academics and actual musicians are born in le wrong generashun old farts that need to check their privilege

trap is the most authentically cyberpunk genre there is
Prove me wrong

posting pics of yourself on Sup Forums is against the rules

Nice trips. Great album.

Some pure EBM
E-Craft - Lied Tier
youtu.be/cyUgGMng3oU

elaborate?

I'm not a relativist, I just told you that the pop formula is one of the very best formulas, which happens to be an opinion not many people hold.

Of course, their gut instinct tells them that the pop formula IS in fact a very good formula but they wouldn't be caught dead admitting it.

Also, stop valuing intricacy for its own sake you absolute buffoon.

EXCELLENT eebems

It's genuine in its grimy urbanness and brash electronic sound instead of stuff made by white suburban guys trying to sound so

>getting this triggered because someone called your autistic glitch idm wankery "shite"

/bleep/fags everyone

grime and jungle fit your definition better than trap then which has been commercialized to hell and back the moment it got big

You really don't if the lack of groove bothered you enough to go to a topic and spend your own time posting why you don't like it. And again, you don't really give a reason as to why you think it's unimpressive or anything either. You aren't bringing anything beyond pointless shitpost at this point.
>gut instinct
It's not gut instinct though. Rather it's just what people are most conditioned to due to so much exposure to that idea within the realm of pop culture. There's actual neuroscience that backs this concept up. It's just another example of Pavlovian neuroscience and psychology.

It's music for gas buffers. The people who sleep behind dumpsters in Mega City One.

Are you sure you're talking about trap?

Cause trap is 50% white suburban kids on soundcloud trying to sound hard, and 50% overpaid popstar clowns.

Bleepfags hate that kinda glitch stuff though.

>grimy urbanness
a lot of trap is very cleanly produced
>brash electronic sound
maybe. efficient producers can churn out trap beats very quickly, making them seem almost robotic and methodical. in that regard maybe it's cyberpunkish.
but I don't know, I think some faster, denser genres of music are more cyberpunk than trap.

Some Industrial Metal

Die Krupps - To The Hilt
youtu.be/QLVpyPCEjxU

Love the video too.

>I HAVE BROKEN FREE FROM THE MATRIX
>MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT IS NO LONGER CONSTRAINED BY THE BRAINWASHING SHACKLES OF POP SONGWRITING
>I HAVE ASCENDED
>I HAVE BECOME....
>INTELLIGENT

Die Krupps are woefully underrated

they invented Neue Deutsche Härte, not Rammstein

>I HAVE BROKEN FREE FROM THE MATRIX
>MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT IS NO LONGER CONSTRAINED BY THE BRAINWASHING SHACKLES OF PRETENDING TO LIKE NON-POP MUSIC
>I HAVE ASCENDED
>I HAVE BECOME....
>INTELLIGENT

There, see I can do that, too!

My fuckin' nigga!!!!! Glad someone besides me realizes this.

Oh, please, don't stoop down to my level, regale us with another autistic paragraph of wannabe-elitist rambling

Can someone tell me what genre those 2 songs are?

youtube.com/watch?v=EVi17Dl7ss0&ytbChannel=S o u n d S t a t i o n

youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0&ytbChannel=TriangleMusic

CHILL
LOFI
HIPHOP
FOR
GAMING
/
STUDYING

Everyone's arguing. I'll just post music.

Pneumatic Detach - Necropolis
youtu.be/wRqUYxs3fwM

soyboy garbage

that's pretty good

disgusting trigger discipline

time for some legit old school cyberpunk music

front line assembly - mindphaser
youtube.com/watch?v=zO5fLapFnA0&t=1s

thaaaaaaat's the stuff

wk [es] - Chronos EP

One
youtu.be/3t-OqWoNRfg

Industrial noise

Best Frontline album. Well played.

Why you have to be such a nker? Don't you see you hurt my feelings?
Hit me up with that harah noise and kendrick lamar songs, outsider.

This music is the future

youtube.com/watch?v=xQLcrG7xAx8

It's not about wanna be elitism. Just mentioning facts, dude. Saying 1+1=2 doesn't make someone an elitist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning
True that, we should be posting more music rather than give way to trolls like that other guy.

youtu.be/iYiTGq-dGa8
youtu.be/zOKDuKbjhu0

it's actually the late 2000s

didn't know 2005 meme genres have been the future

Some DnB/Neurofunk

Dom & Roland - Moulin Rouge
youtu.be/j4IcrTmUjd4

Anything else like this? You mention Neurofunk in /bleep/ and they get excited.

genuinely calling people plebs just because they don't like your shitty glitch idem trash and acting all high and mighty because you've """""grown out"""" of pop songwriting has everything to do with being a wannabe-elitist.

it's called being a pretentious tool.

Now get your ass back to /bleep/, in case you haven't noticed, the OP album is by these dudes.
That alone should have made you understand that your pedantic bullshit wouldn't be welcome. But no, you saw "techno" and decided that this was the right thread to shitpost your taste into.

yeah but this isn't /bleep/

Ask for a guy called ninjaaqua in /bleep/ or search for posts by him in the archive, he's the resident techstep and neurofunk expert. This thread's got too much of an anti-/bleep/ stigma.

>acting all high and mighty because you've """""grown out"""" of pop songwriting has everything to do with being a wannabe-elitist.
Not at all. Note how in my first response to you I even asked that what do you think would be good. But then you pulled your pseudo elitist bullshit. Hell, in that post you just replied to, the second track I posted has popular music structure to it. If you had even a little bit of reading comprehension you would have realized by now that I actually don't mind popular music, but it would be fucking ridiculous to claim that it's the only good stuff. Keep in mind that YOU'RE the one that instigated this when you started shitting on others' links.
>Now get your ass back to /bleep/
Two of the three links I have posted itt would have been shit on even harder by /bleep/
>in case you haven't noticed, the OP album is by these dudes.
That alone should have made you understand that your pedantic bullshit wouldn't be welcome
They look fucking retarded, and I like the metal genre, too.
>"techno"
Nothing I posted is techno though! I have to wonder what's going through your head because if you're trolling you wouldn't be putting this much effort into the posting. You're either a bad troll, or just mentally fucking retarded.

Sleep Chamber - Nightshade & Lemonade
youtu.be/YlplU6Dh_e0

If you're into Industrial I'd recommend that you dive into this band's discography. Ritual/dark ambient, First Wave Industrial to Electo Industrial. Heard them called America's heterosexual answer to Coil.

Excited in a bad way. Should have clarified.

Preach it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3RwlSsD-r0M
youtube.com/watch?v=brNx9JTHXbs
youtube.com/watch?v=6qH-GmSfeBk

Thanks

>witcher 3 .jpg

Would Ben Frost or any other "post-industrial" artist be considered cyberpunk?

youtu.be/ugdFJw3lAa4

>whinewhinewhinewhine
>take me and my shitty taste seriously please
You posted a shitty link, asking us what we thought of it. you only have yourself to blame

Now get your poseur ass back to /bleep/ amidst the other poseurs

did a /bleep/ guy steal you're gf

meh, really depends on the song

"post-industrial" is such a retarded term anyway. Now people are using it to describe industrial that's made by hipster douchebags, back then it was just "everything that isn't throbbing gristle", it's dumb

Tom Ellard/Severed Heads

Dollarex
youtu.be/_7q5fW2we7g

To me this is future music.

Well it's not like there's another general on Sup Forums where spermental lectranic music autists congregate

I am surprised nobody has posted Kuedo yet. 70s/80s style synths over footwork rhythms definitely sounds like something cyberpunk loving peeps would enjoy.

youtu.be/en-HmMPpze4
youtu.be/uyhwpmnEoNA

Nope, I asked nicely what you would suggest instead, you refused to, then you RREEEEd afterwards and continue to do so.
>Now get your poseur ass back to /bleep/ amidst the other poseurs
I am not gonna repeat myself about this unlike you as I am not fucking retarded.

There isn't though. /bleep/ is groove based dance music only. I think a /bleep/ guy stole your gf, then sent you a video of him fucking her while she's in ecstasy.

And I nicely answered you
"nothing, because music that tries to sound "contemporary" is not memorable"

Then you climbed atop your high horse You're in the wrong, you're using this thread as an excuse to shitpost your boring taste, and you should listen to some Suicide Commando, because unlike your "contemporary" music, it's enjoyable.

Fear Factory - Fear is the Mind Killer EP

youtu.be/3A77TZs0ngA

good thread

excellent

I have been holding back on posting techno cuz of the autist REEEing about no techno, but Deepchord Presents Echospace's Liumin definitely deserves to be here with them using all sorts of samples trying to evoke a sort of Neo Tokyo.

youtu.be/RoUtmO56H18

>Then you climbed atop your high horse
Nope. I just realized why you weren't into it. That's it. There was no bit of me trying to be superior there. It wasn't until your response to that post that I made one showing where the pop music structure isn't that great at many aspects of music and for you to maybe open your mind all based on you putting pop music structure on a pedestal.

I never try to attack your taste directly or anything. Unlike you which is all that you have done to me. All I am doing is pointing out the ignorance in many of your statements.

You turned this thread into a "what you personally think should be allowed" thread rather than people maybe having a discussion of what is and isn't cyberpunk musically or something like that. Every other post has you telling people to go back to /bleep/ or something because you made this thread about you instead of the music.

Currently one of my favourite artists
youtu.be/BMe8PGg_Dk8
youtu.be/Pc6ldi6APWM