Why was this cancelled?

Why was this cancelled?

hit a little too close to home for the elite producers

Because its trash

too cerebral for normies

Season 3 being garbage mightve had something to do with it

terrible ratings

Ratings.

It should have been cancelled after the first season but the one based NBC exec was a fan and gave it two more chances.

NBC cuts shit too easily when ratings are low and Mads was rising as a movie star. They rushed through season 3.
Banishing it to Saturday nights was idiotic too.
Great show tho.

because it was really gay pretentious shit

Turned too many straight men gay and was deemed a threat to society.

because it blossomed from a standard procedural into the most beautiful love story of the last 10 years

Got too pretentious in the last season and lost its fun.

it was best embracing its pretension and not trying to make logical sense

loved the third season

Season 3 was lame because of all the hurr durr cultured euroshit

Red Dragon episodes were amazing though

this

I watched seasons 1&2 but haven't watched 3 yet is it worth it?

hell yeah

Is that from season 3? Holy shit I have to watch that now

Because honestly Season 3 went to shit, and then managed to only kinda pull it back to decent, but only after the cancellation was announced

I like 'cerebral' shows, but I couldn't finish the first episode of Hannibal. The main character just seemed so melodramatically anxious and jittery, I couldn't connect with the vibe. What did I miss?

the season finale for S2 was honestly one of the best episodes of a television show I have ever seen

I fucking love Hannibal. Visually stunning, imagery was amazing, some of the conversations and the tension between characters was unsettling and fucking brilliantly gripping at the same time.

The visuals were so good I was physically uncomfortable at some points.

It peaked towards and going in to season 2 and stayed somewhat steady from there, but some some episodes were just boring.

I want this show back. Or something remarkably similar to it.

I don't really enjoy watching neurotic people acting neurotically. "Cerebral" is really the opposite of that -- more like 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' or 'The Prisoner'.

>what did I miss
>yeah but here's why I don't care
why did you even ask the question

because they had a really great premise but it only lasted 1.5 seasons and they couldn't write something as good to keep it going

Not even mad that it was cancelled, the show was going nowhere since season 2

This is complete bullshit and I've seen it sprawled all over Sup Forums. The show wasn't good. The only good things about it were all from a technical perspective, with no real depth in acting or story.

The show is a perfect example of style over substance

Season three was absolute shit.

I was expecting an answer to the effect that "this is actually a very cerebral show, just watch until episode x" or whatever. The fact that you enjoyed the S2 finale is great, but doesn't address the stated concerns. Not that you give a shit, or should.

>Fuller wanted to make Clarice black
it was for the best