Just watched this. Haven't seen TFA but I'm about to in a little bit

Just watched this. Haven't seen TFA but I'm about to in a little bit

This guy seriously underused. He was fresh as fuck.

Was Rogue One a rehash? Sure but it could've been worse.

The special effects and aesthetics were really nice to look at. Nothing really stands out to me. I think Star Trek Beyond did it better desu.

My thoughts in next post.. What yall nerds think?

>Robot was stupid for the first half
>Mads was cool
>Felicity Jone's butt was nice
>Something was off about Vader but made up for it in the last scene of the movie
>Indian dude was good, so was the spanish dude
>Asian guys were ok I guess
>no convoluted jedi shit from prequels
>enjoyed the ending main characters were given

If you ever wondered what happened between 3 and 4 and liked there being no mysteries this will kill some time.

Also liked Star Trek Beyond more. This was ok though

Didn't like how Vader made the MiW his bitch by choking him but whatever

I enjoyed it. Some of the characters were retarded like British robot and kung fu asian man. I thought it was a bold move by to actually have all the characters die

Anyone else thought his uniform looked like a cheap blanket?

A rehash of?

scene in the beginning with Mads and all the grass looked /fa/ to me including his blanket

With the exception of Krennic and Galen, I agree with you.
Although killing Krennic explains why he wasn't around in future movies.

Rehash of what? TFA is the rehash son, just cause this had x-wings doesn't make it a rehash.

The movie improves on repeated viewings. You start to appreciate the music more. You find new details in the visuals.

Itself. I can see some people here saying it was to knock it instead of a real critique

also rlm said it was going to be all "HEY MEMBER THIS" "MEMBER THIS GUY" so I wanted to get it out of the way in the OP so it wouldn't be posted again in here

Rehash of the only story Star Wars seems to be able to tell

>oh noes, the big bad organization is building a super weapon
>better figure out how to destroy the fucking thing before it destroys us

>Was Rogue One a rehash?
TFA was the rehash pham.

>I thought it was a bold move by to actually have all the characters *spoiler*
Yes. I was expecting a bs Disney ending but was pleasantly surprised. Or even some sort of cliffhanger for a sequel. Very glad how it was ended

It wasn't really a rehash. TFA was a rehash. It picked up from the area it was supposed to and I don't get the argument that there were too many effects. I thought it was fine and a good sci fi film that also worked as a war film. My only complaint is that it is a little too character heavy. I think films should try to have a smaller number of characters whose traits they expand upon so that you actually care about them. I think besides the woman and the Donnie Yen character I didn't really care about what happened to the rest of the cast.

Haven't seen it yet lol.

I was just about to ask you guys what to expect other than the obvious spoilers I already know of

Is it as good as Rogue One? at least tell me its better than the prequels

Yeah it felt like a real more cannon prequel.

the effects were really great

cgi was good, Leia also looked good. Maybe if you were watching some bottleged shit it looked bad but I don't get the complaints on that either

I didn't like that it didn't have the usual John William's score.

Better than the prequels for sure and I'd say better than TFA.

Expect less good and evil, black and white, Jedi things and more regular people fighting a desperate battle and dying for a cause they believe in.

Already lots better than force awakens

REDEEMED

I mostly agree, but by the Indian guy I assume you're referring to the imperial pilot? That guy was fucking awful. I could barely understand what he was saying half the time. I don't even remember his name and I watched the movie literally 4 hours ago

Sounds alright to me but well see. I'll start it soon

I think they cut most of the Arab guy and the French guy's parts because they had like ten lines in the entire film.

Okay now you're talking about Arabs and French guys and I no longer know who you're talking about, even though I saw the film 4 fucking hours ago. By Arab do you mean the laser-machine gun guy? By French do you mean Luna?

yeah that indian guy, couldn't remember his name either

I like him cause I saw him in a Night Of which I enjoyed so he's cool with me

No i'm pretty sure laser machine gun guy was asian

By arab he means the pilot I'm assuming too.

Arab guy is Riz Ahmed, the "Indian" Imerpial pilot mentioned previously.

I have no idea who "French" guy was and I can only assume Luna based on his accent, but he had a lot of lines.

Also am I the only one that thought the machine-gun guy looked like an Asian version of Danny Trejo?

Needed more General Ackbar desu

Riz is a paki, therefore more Indian than Arab

I was thinking of Luna and the only scenes he really had a lot of lines in were the forgettable part where they are at that planet with the Imperial Base and towards the end.

Well, speaking as someone who's not seen him in anything, I thought he was easily the weakest character and actor in the squad.

Like I said, I could only understand maybe half of the lines he said.

AT-ST

AT-ST

AT-ST

AT-ST

AT-ST

AT-ST

AT-ST

Krennic definitely felt underused, especially when compared to the amount of time he got in the prequel book

>Sup Forums when watching this shit

kek I can actually see you autists in the movie theaters acting like this

>Forest Whitaker's character
>CGI Tarkin
>First Vader scene (WTF was wrong with his voice?)
>Jyn's speech to the rebels

These scenes are all confirmed shit, everything else was solid. Overall, it was a fun movie.

My personal opinion is that they watched a couple of Marvel movies, stole that style of conversations, then added band of brothers style combat scenes.

The combat scenes were amazing. The plot is... um... well, the combat scenes were pretty damn good. the characters were at least somewhat entertaining, albeit it none of them were all that interesting.

Darth Vader was definitely the best character, but sadly didn't get enough screen time.
It was a good movie; far from perfect, but still good. It wasn't a horrendous clash of shit like TFA where it all feels like a six year old's fanfic of A New Hope.

>is that Luke's (Anakin's) Lightsaber? How did you get that?!
>"Good question, for another time!"
>Translation: the screen writers have no fucking clue and they're hoping you stop asking by 2018 when the next movie comes out.

Anything important regarding his character arc happen in there?

I can understand that. Im probably used to how he talks by now

Feel bad for him, due to his incompetent to dealing the rebels. His lifelong work was taken from him.

It's like complaining that they put a Sherman tank in a WW2 movie

>>Forest Whitaker's character
>Le just give up and let myself die cliche

Didn't like that either but at least he was gone early

First half: 3/10
>awful pacing and editing
>doesn't let any scene breathe, plot has to jump constantly from planet to planet
>half-assed characters that are mostly assholes
>so many pointless elements, especially Forest Whitaker's character

Second half: 7.5/10
>finally gets to the action (which is surprisingly good)
>characters were a lot more interesting in death than they were in life
>sick Vader scene
>Leia scene is cringeworthy and should have been cut or at least edited significantly

Overall it's hard to say whether it's better or worse than TFA. I'd probably say worse because I really did not like that first half.

Their complaint is more like the film focusing on the tank and not on the actual characters driving it.

if you think that movie was worse than TFA you are braindead

except its more like they put in when archduke ferdinad was being shot and there shouldn't have been a fucking sherman tank there

did you guys see the LE FUNNI DROID xDD?????

Not an argument.

Yeah there's definitely Marvel leakage into everything now

also like that other guy said above you Jyn's speech to the rebels was so unnatural. Very cringy

Glad they cut iRebel

I know. I don't argue with people on the internet. I'm telling you that you are flat out wrong

AT-ST

AT-ST

AT-ST

*IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER APPEARS*

>OMG OMG

*CUMS*

They literally wrote in to the story that the robot was programmed to have quips and be an asshole.

wtf you convinced me i'm reversing all my opinions now

Not too bad

>>no convoluted jedi shit from prequels

100% this

>turning a space opera into a male soap opera
>fuck you lucas

I'm noticing a concerning trend in modern sci fi. It's the high functioning autistic side character that spells out the tone of the movie. First Drax from guardians of galaxy and now K2SO.

That being said, the Homeworld Cataclysm Ramming Frigate knock off plot device and the Darth Vader hallway scene were excellent.

the planet jumping was bad it was putting me to sleep

TFA is worse just for being so painfully derivative and unoriginal. It was the laziest reboot Disney could have made

>I don't argue with people on the internet
top kek

What are ya McFly, chicken?

go on..

>"Admiral, we're tracking something enormous coming out of hyperspace"
>That shot of the Death Star rising above the horizon.

>tfw the kino hits

Whoever okayed the scenes with Grand Mofk Tarkin should be blacklisted. If they just did reflection/obscured shots, the audience would j derstsnd and forgive it.

Princess Leia was laughable. The eyes look like people's eyes in gorilla suits in the original planet of the apes

are you guys serious?

The cgi looked really good. What quality did you watch it in

>Indian dude was good, so was the spanish dude
Indian dude was literally who but ok, Diego Luna was good, but I hated his accent, fucking god it was awful.

>Asian guys were ok I guess
Blind asian guy was a fucking meme of a character, even thought I liked him and also will admit that the only joke in the movie that got a smile from me was when they put the bag in his head.

This plus
this and this and also this First half for me was 2/10, first part of the second half was a 4/10 (not including Jehda's city being btfo by the death start, that sinngle scene was a 10/10 for me), second half of second half/last 25 minutes of the movie were for me a 9/10.

I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME

>Really uncanny valley
Fixed that for you. If anything, you must have watched it in VHS or India handheld cam quality to obscure that blatantly obvious CGI

I thought it was fine. Also Leia atleast was necessary for the plot.

I mean if your going to make a character like that at least make him a cool asian guy

I can't hate him

My thoughts on the film

>I thought Director Krenick was dope as fuck, but completely underused
>Received no intense action scene or scene of intimidation - he just kind of shows up
>The trailers made the movie look more darker and gritty than it actually was
>The trailers had some scenes in it that looked far more intense that would have been welcome in the movie
>Glad the beach run with AT-ACT's was removed because it looked too bullshit anyways

All in all, strong Star Wars film that stands on it's own as a movie, Star Wars nostalgia aside. I feel like TFA is a decent "Star Wars" movie but bad in many respects, but this is just a great movie to watch on it's own.

Oh and I left one thing out

>They somehow managed to make the name Deathstar not sound campy as fuck, and actually intimidating
>All those fucking shots of the Deathstar in the movie my fucking god

I think that is a huge accomplishment on it's own.

Never said that I hated him or that he wasn't cool you faggot, just said that he was a meme of a character and that it's fucking true.
Also, the only thing I hated was the black queen and the black pilot that warned the white pilots to not crush into the shield, he WUZ A BETTER PILOT AND SHIT THAT THE WHITE GUYZ, Diego Luna accent and shitty robot, this is coming from a non-white before some retard calls me a Sup Forumstard or anything.

I AM ONE WITH THE MEMES THE MEMES ARE WITH ME

>I hated was the black queen and the black pilot that warned the white pilots to not crush into the shield,
I don't even remember that shit. Just the crashing and GOAT LEADER STANDING BY

I think the black guy surviving was a joke reference to the "black guy dies first" trope (which was in RotJ).

Krennic is literally in all the places that the rebels are coincidentally
they're not chasing each other or anything, they all just happen to show up at the same place

I thought it was incredible how Darth Vader was so intimidating despite using the old, clearly cheap looking costume
The original costuming for A New Hope was an incredible feat

It's a very Star Wars cliche for the bad guy to show up, get involved in a fight, and either the bad guy gets away or the good guys - but I would have preferred a scene like that with Krennick.

Rogue One was better than TFA for the following reasons

1. The characters

The characters in this movie, while not very well characterized, were actually believable and had personalities. They did not spend the time to try and give every single character some sort of bullshit backstory because they really didn't need to. Just like real life people these characters found themselves in a really shitty situation and simply fought for something they believed they HAD to fight for. TFA had MaREY sue along with emo darth retard. Yeah I guess they were believable but at the same time they were the most troping characters of star wars. Finn was the only good character IMO.

2. The finality of the ending

No bullshit they just fucking went for it. The filmmakers wanted us to know that these people made a huge sacrifice and yet got shit for credit, and instead the person that is hailed as the savior of the galaxy is this whiny kid from Tattooine because he has a glowy sword and dealt the final blow. This film does a great job of FILLING plot holes instead of creating them, like subtlety explaining why the characters have such plot armor and why there was a fatal flaw in the death star in the first place.

3. The action scenes

Holy fuck, I don't even feel like I need to explain this point, but Rogue One had the best action scenes out of the entire series. Vader going apeshit, ships crashing into a warping star destroyer, AT-ATs being in cargo config and being shot in half, that shit is what I LIVE for in Star Wars.

Honestly I'd rate this film as 3rd in the entire franchise right behind Empire and ANH. TFA I would put right after Jedi and then the dogshit prequels.

agreed

Yeah thats part of the force as explained elsewhere in the series. The force always gives balance to good and evil, which is why there is never such a thing as an easy victory in star wars. Every battle is a struggle, and every confrontation is a conflict between good and evil because its the nature of the force. Same reason why everyone survived until they finished what they had to do, because otherwise the bad guys would have won far too easily. The deciding factor is always the final battle, which is why the films are such great space operas. The climaxes seem to matter.

didn't even know james earl jones was still alive

glad he's finally getting paid for that shit

Near the end, she was arguing about not doing shit/joining the attack.

I would have thought the same but you know after all the SJW bullshit one can neve know, having said that it wasn't as full of SJW and feminist shit as I thought it would be.

>Rogue One was better than TFA for the following reasons
Nah if you say the last quarter of RO was better than TFA, then I will believe you.

>1. The characters
PPFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHHA, stop reading there.

you make fun of that, but it gave it the religious angle it needed, the prequals didnt really go into it the religious aspect of it which was much needed

solid

Lol alright great try at arguing

>I'm not going to read reasoning because someone said something I don't immediately agree with

because there never was a religious angle

it was never a religious thing until the prequels..

remember how only obi won believed in the force and han solo was like that bs now suddenly everyone believes in it

>We're so progressive, we have space asians! They act just like every Asian stereotype ever!

>This guy seriously underused. He was fresh as fuck.
when vader make him his bitch they ruined his character i was like wtf

I liker her brunette better

To be fair he created the role and of course Donnie Yen is going to play a martial arts character. It's what he is known for.

>A religion gets hit with genocide and all practitioners wiped out
>nobody believes in that religion anymore

wow this is a plot hole!!~!

It was a religeous thing in basically all of the EU that existed. One of the admirals in the OT even said "I don't believe in your spiritual mumbo jumbo" or some shit

>Blah blah blah, HOPE
>Blah, blah, HOPE...

Over and over again.

Its almost like the next movie is called A NEW Hope

I agree at least it was Vader of all people

He really needed another scene redeeming himself from that to be even more menacing

>all practitioners except one wiped out
>Rebels saying "May the force be with us" including Jynn and her mother

I almost threw up

Forgot my pic

Yeah maybe except saying the force is a thing became associated with the rebels and if you said it to the wrong person you got fucked by the empire. Also lets not pretend that retconning is a bad thing at this point.

Havent watched this yet, but, im fucking bummed to read that Ben was underused. He and Mads were the only reason I wanted to see this shit.