Is this the greatest scene in Star Wars?

Is this the greatest scene in Star Wars?
>What's in there?
>Only what you take with you...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did he hallucinate Vader?
Why was his face(?) under the mask?

Use your brain and think about it mate

I thought he was foreseeing his showdown with darth Vader and also portraying his fear of the dark side controlling him

Sup Forums

This freaked me out when I first saw it

I remember having a Vader ghost figure with Luke's face behind the mask, shit was creepy as fuck.

Dark Vader was really Luuke the whole time

your typical prequel fan, everyone

>Only what you take with you...

Chills, every fucking time.

He was having a vision of the future. I've always interpreted it two different ways.
>he saw his face because he is related to Vader, and he was having a weird vision of their fight in the cloud city, where Vader reveals that he is Luke's father
or
>he is seeing his personal demons personified as Darth Vader, and his face in the mask means that if he doesn't overcome his demons, he will become like Vader, like he does in Return Of The Jedi when he loses control of his feelings

Luke Prime killed Bigger Luke, who was wearing the Vader suit

Why didn't Yoda want him to take his tools when a lightsaber is a jedi's weapon?

I don't know why Yoda told him that he didn't need his weapons, but I always noticed that Luke took them anyways, and he also drew his saber first when Vader appeared. I think it was just Luke being defiant, like he was throughout the whole movie.

Because what he had to face wasn't something that could be overcome with killing power.
>it's time for you to face your inner fears
>okay but let me work out first and bring my Glock

That's true, he's still a kid pretty much and keeps embracing the dark side throughout the movie until he defies Vader and falls to his "death" in Bespin.

To be fair he had no idea what to expect in that cave especially with the dark side of the force dwelling from it, I'd probably want to keep them just in case too.

This. When Luke tried to kill it with a weapon, he saw himself in Vader's helmet. He defied Yoda, and took the easy route, like Vader, and he saw himself becoming like Vader.

>hey yo duh i killed like a zillion people on the death star already so uh..

>"that boy is our last hope"
>"no.... there is another"
What did he mean by this?

Haha time to laugh at EU/Nu-EU/prequelfags!

>Revan is not canon
>Probably never will be and will never be brought up in a movie anyway
>Kyle is not canon
>Nothing from Rebels, Clone Wars, comics or books will be anything more than background filler that has no effect on the plot
>No one cares about the prequels and Disney won't waste time making any prequel centric spin offs
>Snoke is not Plagueis and Plagueis is even more irrelevant and obscure and Revan, thus will also never be brought up again aside some shitty novel/comic books
>EU/Neo-EU will forever be worthless filler that never gets mentioned in the movies
>Disney keeps churning out 6/10 movies (which is a big improvent over the prequels 2/10) every year that stand on their own and ignore Nu-EU continuty

It's an alight time to be a Star Wars fan. Much improvement over the prequel era.

I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U

(You)

Leia, although I always found it annoying how the films never give off any real showing of her having the power of the Force at all (I feel like the reveal of her being Luke's sister was one of the few bad things about the original trilogy).

Then again you could interpret it as being Darth Vader considering he turns back to the light side and kills Palpatine.

What do you think would've happened if luke left his stuff behind?

It's funny because the truth triggers them!

my fucking sides

I find it interesting that David Lynch was actually offered the job of directing ROTJ, I wonder if he really would have pushed for the surreal edge.

>Leia, although I always found it annoying how the films never give off any real showing of her having the power of the Force at all
There was that bit at the end of Empire where Luke tries to communicate to Leia through the Force and she hears him.

Yoda slipped some acid in his tea

Oh yeah I forgot about that
I do wish we had gotten to see her channel some use of the Force during the Battle of Endor though

The Vader would have taken a swing at Luke but Luke would have his eyes closed and be clearing his mind and shit then just before Vader's sword hits Luke it cuts to a view of the scene where suddenly nothing is there but Luke standing on his own in the swamp.
Yoda would have said something like 'conquered your inner fear, you have, hmmph, good yes, good...'

Blind hot headed pursuit was the path to the dark side. By chasing Vader down and killing him Luke would be falling down the same path Vader took.

It's literally that shitty trope, only done in a somewhat subtle enough fashion that it doesn't make me scream internally.