The Matrix Trilogy

What went wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nUtINRG3pxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Part 2 and 3. Specifically going to Zion.

leather, bdsm, and industrial music became less and less popular and relevant.

Shit was aight

The third one. The assault on Zion and the stronk niggresses were awful, not to mention the shitty conclusion within the actual Matrix.

this

"lets deconstruct our own ideas and insult our audience"

fucking retarded Wachowski sisters

Fights dragged on for way too long

Reloaded was kino, I won't apologize for Revolutions.

Aww you still called them sisters though :)

sisters, brothers, siblings

whatever you call them, what they did with the sequels was fucking dumb

The first one ended perfectly. Once you are forced to expand on a potentially complicated and nonsensical mythos it rarely works out. This is why Westworld will fail season 2 and on. You had a nice little show about a fake Wild west setting oh shit now the robots are sentient and are escaping and are going to take over the world. It loses its charm.

I will maintain my opinion that Matrix Revolutions Freeway scene is the greatest traffic action sequence to date.

Jumped the shark after the first one. Will readily admit that Reloaded is at least fun to watch, but Revolutions is a turd.

>the greatest traffic action sequence to date.
What would be other examples of such sequences?

It's up there for sure
Considering they built a mini freeway to do it
Epic

That was reloaded numbnuts

not enough best girl

I liked it, I didn't feel like the story was out of place at all.

They built enough lore during The Matrix by actually showing the Nebuchadnezzar the real wold. Animatrix was so well done in terms of providing background story building stories of interest.

Reloaded is defo a classic. Revolutions were a little bit runny but they had to end it somehow.

That's Lana Wachowski's self-insert btw

If you liked the way they portrayed Zion you are retarded

>this
I enjoyed them all.
I you didn't, well... it's your fucking loss

First film had flat dialogue but was a nice high-concept standalone film. The ending resolved all the loose ends and while technically there was room for sequels, they weren't necessary.

Reloaded is in my opinion actually pretty decent and has some great action scenes, but is weighed down by
>aged CGI in some scenes
>not enough creativity with Neo's powers, he basically does the same shit he did at the end of the first film
>dumb giant cliffhanger ending (literally has DUN DUN DUN music and TO BE CONTINUED)

Revolutions is dogshit. It's like they made one long movie, put all the good parts in Reloaded, and all the terrible parts in Revolutions. All of those side characters that you didn't give a rat's ass about in Reloaded are suddenly front and center. There's no strong action scenes like in Reloaded. The climax of the movie is half uninspired mechs, and half Neo and Smith punching each other and causing the other to get knocked back. It's like they cared more about the hamfisted symbolism of the fights (DUDE WE'RE EQUAL LMAO) rather than making the actual fights interesting. And then it ends with "Neo is Jesus" which was already hammered home in the first two films. I honestly can find very little joy in Revolutions.

son you haven't the slightest clue on my level of retardedness

>t
Is liking the matrix sequels the new liking the prequels?

the wachowskis had nothing to do with that animation

I have an inkling, if it's anything close to how dumb I felt watching underground party nigger city

Am I really supposed to believe these are the people who took the red pill and are fighting the system? What a joke

It's called having opinions m8, and it's not new, I've said that I like Reloaded and hate Revolutions for years.

Revolutions had its moments. Sure it isn't action packed but it was a good ending to a good series.

Nobody ever talks about the last part of a trilogy being the best (i.e. Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, Return of the King, etc)

I liked the blind messiah theme. Most of you haters just don't follow the story where Neo as the 6th and last "One" would do everything different.

If they built another Animatrix in between reloaded and revolutions and went in a deeper about the older matrix generations and put in a bit more production cost on revolutions while biding time it would have been definitely classic. But alas the bitch needed to probably spend shit ton of money and time getting her nails done

Just like numeral order, 1 > 2 > 3. The more effort poured into the 1st, the original piece of work.

no, you're supposed to believe that the darkies outbred the white people once inside of zion, which is believable.

If they are going to make a Matrix 4 they better do so soon. Keanu looks good but I think in like 5 ears he is going to start looking bad.

neo has like no god damn foils besides smith. they made the plugged in agents into cunts that get beaten simply every time, they could've like made them into something else that was a real threat.

But people say RotS is the best prequel all the time.

why aren't there any female agents?

Yeah at least they jump up and down real cool and shit

Face it buddy white people will never be the majority just get used to it

or black ones?

That's convoluted as fuck

Speaking of which, how come Morpheus was able to stand toe to toe with an Agent in Reloaded but not in the first movie?

Because cis white males are fucking evil

finding the one increased his morale and unleashed his matrix chakras.

>I believe now
Neo inspired him. Stupid yes but they gave a reason.

If by "toe to toe" you mean 1v1 he wasn't really, when he was fighting the agent properly on the truck he got his ass kicked. He had to get creative.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, Bullit, The French Connection, the Mad Max films, etc. Lots of good car chase scenes to be had.

Gotta disagree m.youtube.com/watch?v=nUtINRG3pxk

on top of that they were an upgrade, more powerful than original agents, enough so that even "The One" took notice

They really made Agents non-entities in the sequels

Yeah because Smith started making clones of himself and by Revolutions all agents were basically Smiths

What was being said by this is pretty much the machines weren't the authority anymore, the 'agency' has been effectively worn down.

even so the way he took him on was ridiculous, considering how he got curbstomped in the original

the agents were obviously nerfed despite the exposition claiming they were stronger

I imagine it has to do with the unexpected massive success of the first. Instead of being a stand-alone film, it's impact lead to studio pressure to make more, with the dials turned up on everything from the visual effects to the mythology or whatever. Thus, what we got are two films with action scene bloat and increasingly convoluted plots.

Is anyone else surprised Hollywood hasn't rebooted this franchise?

don't do that don't steal someone else's word from a thread and use it in your own post

what?

I sure as fuck am, seeing as how the franchise was the "it" of the early 00s, seriously everyone was obsessed with it

It's even more unbelievable that there hasn't been a Matrix videogame in over a decade, to me it seems like a goldmine for that medium

There will be a sequel. Not a matter of if but when. The Jews forced the movie to end with the oracle saying "I don't think thats the last we seen of Neo"

Well if the watchowskis make another bomb like Jupiter ascending they may have too

>Zion is free
>Matrix Online plot occurs
>Zion can't farm
>Attempt to erase the black sky
>Machines and Zion work together
>Erase Sky
>Every race and robots live in harmony
???
Profit

which completely goes against the core concepts of the first movie, a big reason why the sequels have no impact, no gravitas

instead of being a "rebel against the system" story it transformed into a convoluted, ridiculous plot that no one could identify with. This is why no one gives a fuck about Reloaded or Revolutions, no emotional investment, no one gives a shit who wins the war or what happens to Zion or the machines, it's all abstract nonsense

"The Matrix: Retribution," starring Daisy Ridley

I give a shit

it was fun nigga, learn to have fun

I think people explaining Zion as poorly shown was a huge issue. Some scenes in the animatrix (the two parter one about the creation of the matrix) made it seem (at least to me) like Zion was ALSO a constructed world people plug into, just separate from the matrix. This would have had huge symbolic importance for a lot of the philosophical and theological themes and allegory running through the series. They even touched on this idea in the 2nd one when Neo talked to the director of zion about man and machines seeming to need each other.

It isn't that strange to think of them changing something because they wanted to make it "more normal". Remember the matrix itself was VASTLY different in early stages of making the film, but apparently people didn't understand what was being implied. Originally, the matrix and machine race did not exist as their own hardware, but the necessity of the matrix was actually because humans formed a wetware computer network the machines existed on. This apparently confused the shit out of people, so they changed it to some weird power plant thing. This also catapulted the entire allegory of the machines being demons .

There are a lot of strange things and let downs in the sequels that I can't help but wonder if were caused because someone said it wouldn't/didn't test well with audiences.

>Futurama occurs

Isn't Matrix 4 basically the MMO plot?

Not really especially the third one is a real slog to get though

>Disney buys the rights to the matrix
>that extra shit isn't canon now

that easy

having a fun time and caring about what happens are not the same

sure I enjoy the action scenes in Reloaded, it doesn't mean I give a fuck who wins or who loses, or that I care about the outcome at all

Why are 4Channers so fat?

You're right but to be fair I didn't care all that much about the characters in the original either. They were basically props for the plot.

Not rike disu

But there is!
in the mmo

I really cared about Cypher, I think he is the main reason the first movie resonates so much. He's a villain that's very relatable and Pantoliano's performance is phenomenal

Also the movie spends enough time building up Neo that I did give a shit about him. But in the sequel he just becomes generic Superman Jesus and there's no reason to care about him anymore

Cypher did nothing wrong.

Filthy Cypherites

Cypher's motivations were kind of dumb once we find out Zion is this really futuristic comfy place in the second movie. Instead of selling out to the The Agents he could have just requested a transfer back to Zion.

tbqh the red pill sounds looks like being doomed to a shit existence

I'd rather be ignorant and live like a king in fake fantasy world

they were kind of intelligent if you imagine cypher as a cucked racist

you would

fatass

>Cypher's motivations were kind of dumb once we find out Zion is this really futuristic comfy place in the second movie
yeah, the underground network of gray military-style rooms and brown caves, all filled with deadlock-wearing niggers having STD orgies, that's living the dream

Nah, I'd rather be a famous actor eating steak every day, like Cypher wanted

They don't go into it, but considering that one of Morpheus's biggest forming experiances was working with a scientist trying to make bread by stealing power from the machines and how the bread was basically a luxery i really doubt living in Zion would of been that great.

lack of food, lack of space, no contraceptives, no real distractions from your miserable existence. I'd imagine rape, theft and murder aern't exactly uncommon, it would be like living in a Brazilian favela.

they just don't show us that aspect because then we'd want to destroy Zion instead of root for it

>would of been