I don't get it. Were they trying to say getting an abortion is the equivalent to rape and murder...

I don't get it. Were they trying to say getting an abortion is the equivalent to rape and murder? Why would he dedicate that book to her?

How do you prevent a situation like this? I am going to buy a gun tomorrow, I go on too many road trips alone.

It was a revenge story. She hurt him by making him feel guilty of his timid nature and aborting their child. He turned it on her.

Icing on the cake was ending of the movie. The real revenge isn't what he wrote, it's how their lives turned out.

is there a torrent with the full movie? including the intro

>"We all eventually turn into our mothers."
>"You'll only hurt him in the end"
>"The things you love about him now you'll hate in a couple years"

This is why yo listen to your mommas niggas.

well said

>people actually didn't get the ending
>didn't understand that it wasn't about the abortion but the fact she hid that the abortion never panned out and she raised his daughter for 19 years

Just stream it on yesmovies.to

I've seen a lot of discussion about whether or not an abortion took place, or whether the daughter that she called was even real. Not really sure what I think the truth of the matter is.

The daughter was definitely real. She immediately stops reading the book when the "bodies are discovered" and calls her daughter immediately, who is in the exact same pose as the daughter in the story

I remember the scene, but the fact that she was in the exact same pose as in the book seemed a little suspicious. And we know that the book bled into real life at least one other time (the jump scare on the baby monitor). I think the daughter was real, but I think everything about it is somewhat ambiguous.

>And we know that the book bled into real life at least one other time (the jump scare on the baby monitor)
you have a point there.

There were also some details from real life that bled into the book. The couch the bodies were found on is the same couch that Amy was sitting on in the flashback where she criticizes Jake's writing. And at one point Amy is staring at a picture of a field that is almost identical to the one Jake ends up in at the end.

I really liked the movie. Michael Shannon is great in everything.

>Wright’s late book, Tony and Susan, was not as popular with readers in his department as his other works, and it was puzzling, especially to his women friends, that he could devote as much space as he did in the early part of the book to a thriller-like episode without much redemptive value: a late-night seizure of two women, a mother and daughter, and the subjecting of them to a trail of horror in which both are eventually raped and murdered. This episode is a “fiction” within the novel, and within a manuscript authored by the ex-husband of the Susan character, but its usefulness in Susan’s story has been open to question.

literally women getting btfo: the book

Yeah I agree. I really liked the movie as well.
I also personally think there is one scene where we see the present day Edward going for a run in a completely different climate to LA. Quite sure its cold and raining

It wasn't Edward's daughter.

are you sure? it is quite heavily implied to be, she looked late teens and Amy states they broke up 19 years earlier (at the point of the "abortion")

No, Amy really did get the abortion.

Plus, if she was really Edward's, Amy would have used her to get back with her ex.

The way that scene played out in the film was so well done. One of the most harrowing scenes I've seen in a long time. My whole body was tense that entire time. Aaron-Taylor Johnson was really good in this, and in that scene especially, being so menacing yet his intentions remaining unclear (even if you had a pretty good idea where it was going)

Stop it you fucks. It was directed by Tom Ford. This isn't some complicated shit. Holy fucking autist batman

Tom Ford is a really skilled filmmaker. No, we aren't dissecting Mulholland Drive or something like that, but there is more than meets the eye to Nocturnal Animals than just a pulp thriller.

back up your theory then. Another user gave reason the abortion did happen and another user stated its ambiguous

Yeah he makes good movies, not fucking intricately weaved conspiracy laced puzzles. He takes you on an emotional journey using the metaphor of the book in the movie. But you autists insist on turning it into more than it is to seem intellectual and deep. Just stop you child. When did I even critique his skill as a film maker? When was that even an object of my comment?

This.

It was satisfying to see him get his revenge this way. The bitch forgot the adage "You'll lose them the same way you got them" when it came to her cheating husband.

this post should be a banner

Abortion is literally a murder though. Wether you are okay with it or not is another thing, but don't deny the truth because of fee fees.

By your logic condoms and birth control are murder too. You must be a vegan too.

It was based on a book though

There's always that idiot trying so hard to argue.

This, 8/10 movie btw

If agree with this then you have to be against death penalty right? I mean murder is murder

This movie was in and out of theatres so fast where I am. Is there a rip out yet?