Been in England for 3 years

>been in England for 3 years
>still can't speak English
What are some other examples of this?
I'm pretty sure Bale doesn't know a lick of Spanish.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ug7QWeBxraI
youtube.com/watch?v=xSDYh95E73M
youtube.com/watch?v=_zpjFHR3BLc
youtube.com/watch?v=hFTPAabsbak
youtube.com/watch?v=5u4kxDzcoSE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6g1OBQ3kWs
youtube.com/watch?v=sepBXYEjO6A
youtube.com/watch?v=BoxA9ghHkOM
youtube.com/watch?v=n1fwuaorvhI
youtube.com/watch?v=h1rMSl23_XE
youtube.com/watch?v=0w-aqGWIPf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bale speaks a bit of Spanish but he's not confident speaking it.

Pretty sure Aguero's English is terrible.

Really? How embarrassing.

I thought all Euro leagues were like Serie A and Bundesliga in that they offer fast language immersion courses to newly bought foreign players. Doesn't the PL do the same or does Sanchez simply forgo all of them.

he does speak a bit of spanish,but it isn't very good

youtube.com/watch?v=ug7QWeBxraI

>listen to de la morena every night
>ojeda is his idol

Why are Portuguese and Brazilians never able to speak English when Spaniards can? Pretty much every hue mma fighter speaks through a translator and even Neymar, who nike market intensely in America speaks very basic English with a strong accent. The only real exception I've seen is Cristiano, but he played over here for long enough. Do the money genes make them more stupid?

There are Spanish speaking players in almost every top tier team. So when someone from Spain or South America is transferred there they don't really struggle to adjust. Their team mates just translate shit into Spanish for them.

i meant english hah

Oh.

But still, If i moved to a new place and was getting that much money, i'd definitely pull a Guardiola and spend 4 weeks intensely studying the language and even developing a local accent just to better operate in that country.

Portuguese usually speak it better than Spanish players, I thought?

I think a lot of Spanish players learn English though because they know there's a good chance they could end up in England.

>been in a spanish speaking country for almost 25 years
>still can't speak spanish

this guy is a true retarded. many players are, but he's a different league

Almost every portuguese speak english, they dont translate movies or tv shows and that helps a lot.

Ichiro Suzuki, who has been in MLB for well over a decade, still uses a translator. Fuckin gook

also found this
youtube.com/watch?v=xSDYh95E73M
it's not good but i expected less desu

youtube.com/watch?v=_zpjFHR3BLc

it's really tedious to become conversational in english
i avoid speaking it at all cost, lol
other languages are more fun to use

wenger has lived in england since the 90s

Dunno, I've seen a few Prem Brazilians speaking English in interviews but they just aren't very confident.

Only one who comes across as properly fluent is Fernandinho.

He has a thick accent but he's very fluent

youtube.com/watch?v=hFTPAabsbak

what do you mean he doesn't speak spanish?

what the fuck does he speak then?

don't refs in international and european games all speak english whatever the teams? do south americans just not give a shit?

>brainlets can't speak a foreign language
nice sample you got there la

Don't think Aguero speaks any english at all.

i think it is because PT-BR has a lot of local words and modern slang, so if you can't talk proper portuguese and express yourself in your native language it will be pretty hard to understand a foreign one.

Coutinho speaks ok english.

Tevez can't even speak portuguese
youtube.com/watch?v=5u4kxDzcoSE

>lived in america for 400+ years
>still cant speak sioux

Yeah, and he's perfectly fluent. He never really has any problems finding the right words, he just has a very strong accent. Are you trying to tell me you don't sound anything at all like Petter Solberg when you try to speak english with foreigners?

Portugese people speaking English sound Russian

Africans have the worst accent for English. just utterly incomprehensible, even Nigerians.

in Europe Italians probably have the worst English. Ranieri, Zola and Conte don't speak brilliant English.

The Dutch, Belgians and Nordics have the best English in Europe, obviously,

[/blog]

whitey BTFO

Fernandinho has that work ethic like Kompany

valencia apparently doesn't speak a word of english
he's been in england since 2008

He's fluent but his sentence structure is slightly off still.

Willian's English is surprisingly decent.

Well, sure. 100% correct grammar is almost impossible to achieve as adult learning a new language.

lol then you hear some players who have never played here and you wonder how they learnt it so well.

Players like:

>Buffon
>Kaka
>Brazil Ronaldo
>Maldini
>Figo

etc

JDS speaks English.

Why would most of them even bother though? Just give me a valid reason. The fluency required to shittalk opponents effectively takes a freaking decade of classes or complete immersion.

>Neymar
he doesn't fucking live in England or the U.S. you retard, why would he speak English

>monolingual fag bitches about other people's monolinguism

Yeah he phrases things oddly and still says nonsense like "he has little bit" etc.

To be fair he can competently speak like five other languages though.

Ronaldo Fenomeno speaks fluent English (because business in America), Spanish and Italian. He attended journalists from all over the world in his press conferences during the 2014 World Cup.

Now lets look at foreigners with English accents

Jan 'Scouse' Molby

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6g1OBQ3kWs

Jeremie 'London rudeboy drugdealer' Aliadiere

youtube.com/watch?v=sepBXYEjO6A

rate this guy speaking english
youtube.com/watch?v=BoxA9ghHkOM

because it's the main language of the world. all of the best art and entertainment in the world is based on it.

not being fluent in english cuts off a massive potential revenue stream. it makes his brand less desirable to advertisers throughout the world.

could you seriously not think of that? fucking moron, kek.

Peter Lovenkrands has a Scottish accent

youtube.com/watch?v=n1fwuaorvhI

are mma fighters selling shoes or something? I never see anyone doing advertising unless it's Anderson Silva or Ronda-tier of popularity. Never seen Aldo in an ad here in over 5 years of reign. These guys will have their faces plastered on a bus at most.

Messi doesn't speak a word of English though and does just fine.

mapuche

It's marketing potential is still reduced though.

He only advertising sports things or things related to fitness / his ability.

If he spoke english he could feature in a lot more ads. Especially in America.

he does fine because he's the best player in the most popular sport. you still don't see him that much in advertisements over here, you see ronaldo a lot more.

That's more so to do with his looks than speaking English though.

Lol Ronaldo never gets asked to speak much in his commercials.

The only cultural value of English is its use in the majority of hentai translations.

Yet Rooney has been the face of English football for 2 decades.

I've been in South Africa my whole life and I only speak English

>Lol Ronaldo never gets asked to speak much in his commercials.

what are you on about? his most common tv ad has him speaking in it?

youtube.com/watch?v=h1rMSl23_XE

If you're from the Anglo or Latino sphere chances are you don't speak any other language than your own i.e. you are a fucking moron or a lazy cunt.

spanish is embarrassingly easy to learn desu. future and past might be a bitch but basic interview questions should be pretty easy if a player is there longer than a few months

krautchan please leave

he struggles to chain more than 3 consecutive words, can barely understand it. totally retarded.

the day he gave his first interview in barcelona he looked like some sort of autist

>portuguese
? Why are you mixing us with HUEHUE's, what is your sample?

What is the point unless you move abroad or have a career involving language

Greece surprises me.
And Czech Rep in a negative way.

>The fluency required to shittalk opponents effectively takes a freaking decade of classes or complete immersion.
do you have a learning disability?

What is the point in learning things gee I don't fucking know.

Have any of you not realized why Mourinho is liked?

t. monolingual retard

Chile's national language is Spanish though....

Is he genuinely stupid?

Latin american spanish is much different than Spain especially argentina cuba and some chile

I live in Miami

Mourinho's English is okay, not great considering he was a translator and been in the UK awhile.

>learning things
>learning a language you will rarely if ever use

These are two different things

can't beat the power of love
youtube.com/watch?v=0w-aqGWIPf8

totally stupid

mourinhos english is pathetic, he's been living there more than 10 years

>shit player
>cant speak with him to make him better

hed be the first transfer out

Who said you don't use it? You travel, you write, you read fucking Italian and/or German literature that's a million times better than your barbaric simple language, the list goes fucking on. But I guess you just don't understand such a concept.

Because English football has not produced anything better in the last half century

why would i want to learn any of your shit languages? name one reason why i should? all the best media art and entertainment is already in english.

also if you think people in a certain country western country are any lazier or less intelliegnt than another western country you're a fucking moron. people are the same world over.

i know Sao Paulo and Rio clubs have started teaching english for the last decade or 2 and the schools there do the same

they learn "the book is on the table"-tier English

proper scouse needs subtitles but hes very close

see
There's plenty of reasons.

>the best media art and entertainment
lol. Translations are shit. Your simple language could never express in a way Italian, German or Czech or whatever the fuck language can. I do realize however you morons probably don't even participate in art. You watch fucking sports for Christ's sake.

>not knowing one language from every major family so you can pick up scraps of every language
except finno-ugric
fuck those idiots

Travel where, the Amazon rainforest? You can get by just fine most places on the planet speaking English. Equally I can read translated foreign literature if I wanted to.

I don't think you understand the concept of dedicating your time to something worthwhile.

how do you know that the best media, art and entertainment is in english if you cant speak another language?

literally goat tier about that, learns every language from the city he's playing and use them years later. he still gives interviews in catalan

>people are the same world over.
haha, that fucking statement

>english
>simple language

you can do better

what's the best way to learn a language on your own?

is duolingo a meme or not?

Aguero actually isn't too bad

>translations
lol

>something worthwhile
You are currently on Sup Forums, on a fucking sports board for that matter. I don't think you give a shit about doing something worthwhile your time, whatever that even means in your head.

Intelligent people speak several languages, have several skills and virtues and so on almost always, why don't you?

because if it was any fucking good it would have been translated by now

*recently I should add. He's improved a lot in the last year

it is, denying that would be stupid in a board full of non-natives speaking it

>Intelligent people speak several languages

No correlation between intelligence and multilingualism whatsoever. Stop talking shite.

melhor que nada

Yes but you can't.

The English language is piss poor simple and arbitrary.

Duolingo is a bit of a meme but it's okay if you start from nothing, you can learn a few words here and there but the best way is to just engage with people (classes for starters) and then move onto literature I guess.

get someone to teach it to you. itaki or something. i can recommend memrise as well.
check the langfocus channel, bit of a meme but i like it.

I lived in Austria for two years and I picked up minimal German. I really struggled and when people conversed with me they just switched to English.

no worries la, most people struggle with people speaking bavarian german, even i do sometimes.

you're not speaking it, you're writing in it. people who emigrated to the UK decades ago still can't speak english fluently

That's normal. Austrians speak a very odd German dialect though. Much different than Hochdeutsch (High/Standard German?).

I'm still surprised at how terrible Van Gaal's grasp of English was when he was at Man U. I thought all Dutch people were semi-fluent in English.