The Curious Case of Mike Stoklasa

He just can't stand the fact that people love Star Wars again. He wants to go back to the old days where everyone was miserable and he was seen as the beacon of hope. It's the reason he decided to slander Rogue One, even though it's the best Star Wars film in 40 years.

Stoklasa is slipping. His Plinkett review were where the first cracks of his psyche started to show; 90 minutes of a man complaining about "millennials"--the entire video reeked of a has-been trying to hold onto his grasp in a new world.

I think hes still a bitter middle aged man who shits on movies he doesn't like
and thats why people love him

He is just going in the same way George Lucas went.

>He just can't stand the fact that people love Star Wars again
He loved The Force Awakens, you dumb shit.

>It's the reason he decided to slander Rogue One, even though it's the best Star Wars film in 40 years.
I guess it couldn't possibly be that he thought the characters were weak and the story was pointless.

Also, you don't know what slander means.

Also if they had praised the movie, you'd be here calling them Disney shills right now.

he initially "loved it" out of blind hype

in his plinkett review you can see that he obviously hated the film, even more so than the prequels probably

Right, and that's the reason why he praised TFA right?

Or maybe he just didn't think the movie was very good?

>Also, you don't know what slander means.

kill yourself moron

>in his plinkett review you can see that he obviously hated the film
When could you see that? When he repeated that it's a good movie with likable characters? Is that the part where you could tell he hated it?

>rogue one
>not good

It's the definitive Star Wars movie. Anybody who doesn't like this movie was never a SW fan in the first place. It's the ultimate fan filter.

Mike-Hate thread? Really? Who are you, OP - Sam Hyde? You're shit and so are your opinions.

dub trips confirm

Rogue One is the definitive Star Wars film brehs

checked

>I have no understanding of how opinions work
You deserve Disney-era Star Wars, you braindead retard.

I liked Rogue One BTW.

B8

He looks good in that picture.

>those trips

Sup Forums BTFO

what would sam hyde have against mike?

>being this assblasted by their Boring One review
RLM is a gift to mankind.

He has become Lucas. He has become Plinkett.

This is me btw

"I have to Kill George Lucas!"
"No Mike, you are George Lucas"
And then Mike was an Hack Fraud.

Just made up Sup Forums canon that the average lonely autist makes up in his head

He doesn't hate Star Wars. He just Star Wars movies shouldn't have anything from Star Wars in them (unless they're TFA, in which case it's okay because Daisy Ridley's massive godlike charisma elevates the film).

Aaaaaaaah see it now. Thanks!

>It's the definitive Star Wars movie. Anybody who doesn't like this movie was never a SW fan in the first place. It's the ultimate fan filter.

You don't like movies fullstop.

What is it with Star Wars fans? He slanders one film that deserves iy and suddenly he's hated.

It's like other people aren't allowed to have correct opinions.

Rogue One was shitty nostalgia pandering for faggot redditors who think they're hardcore Star Wars fans for being able to recognize blue milk

Is Rouge One the new BvS?

BvS is actually good tho

So that's a yes then.

No because normies love it

In few months they will make a R1 Plinkett review that's going to backtrack and say it was a good movie despite few flaws.

Just like they backtracked with TFA review.

This. Every SW fan I know loved the movie.

They loved BvS as well.

So you weren't one of the people who threw a tantrum when they liked TFA?

What's tragic is that Stoklasa himself is a merely a glib facsimile of one of his oldest idols, George Lucas. The man who Mike (((literally))) owes his career to.

Wasn't TV calling R1 a SJW fest?

Yeah, Reddit loves it because lmao they recognize stuff from old movies haha

No normies like that last 30-40 minutes.

>Just like they backtracked with TFA review.
He didn't backtrack, he just acknowledged a few issues.

>In few months they will make a R1 Plinkett review that's going to backtrack and say it was a good movie despite few flaws.

Flaws including the most charisma-less characters to ever grace a screen and the huge waste of talent.

No, I can see why he and other people liked it. It's a watchable film that does nothing new but at least it is watchable.

>He just can't stand the fact that people love Star Wars again.
so just like whole Sup Forums?

Only before they say it. It's not at all.

>no christmas botw

feelsbadman

Because it has Asians in it?

>Reddit letter media fags pissed because they didn't like a literal shit Reddit movie

I can't believe they put tie fighters in a Star Wars film. Fucking ruined the whole thing, man.

Is more he don't following his own rules and observations, and that's before R1 or Disney SW in general.

It's literally a Star Wars film for people who love marvel films

Corporate, boring, episodic, by-the-numbers, unmemorable, formulaic, etc

fucking references, man. X wings were even worse, such fanboy pandering

Why do people post threads like these, obviously only listening half the reviews, assigning whatever mindset they have on it? It's like a child that hears a drill and thinks their parents are angry because they know the "RNNNN" is the angry noise in cartoons. Then you try to explain it to them but they still don't understand.

Here's what he said: TFA is real Star Wars, with good characters and an adventurous story. But TFA was also pretty much just New Hope again storywise, and he's worried VIII will go the way of nu-Star Trek of keeping rehashing the old films that way.
Then he said thatR1 is a shitty fan film where blandshit characters do nothing, and that they got Star Wars wrong.

Why do you care?

Plinkett is just a role and he plays it well. He sets his perspective of Force Awakens and does what Plinkett does, dissects the movie by analysing all flaws and qualities to the smallest detail.

does anyone have the RLM copy pasta about Gen Y ethos

i don't know what you're talking about, but if Mike's at the point where he's ranting about the "Gen Y ethos" then he's definitely too old to be watching Star Wars and Marvel movies.

>Rey
>Charismatic as hell

i thought they hated it.

>prequel fags seeting
top kek

The prequels will have no lasting impact. Only one, shitty, generation cares about them. No one gives a fuck about them but the people who saw them as kids.

They are destined to be forgotten in the storm of shit that Disney spews, and nothing Disney will make will be PT centric.

Face it millennials, your nostalgia is misguided, and the next generation will not speak of the PT as they jack off over Rey and Kylo.

It's a good feeling, to know that prequel fags are destined for obscurity and you are already at irrelevance.

OT master race wins again.

nah he only like TFA to avoid being put in the Sup Forums alt right basket of deplorables

that movie was the biggest 'If you don't like you're a racist' case I've ever seen

>and that they got Star Wars wrong.
This triggers me as an example. There is no "right" way to do star wars (but there is "good" or "bad" way to execute it, R1 misses some mark).

Why should they promote something formulaic?

What are you talking about? The new movies are aimed towards millennials, the stars are millennials, and millennials like them way more than the prequels.

How old are you, anyway? If you're gen x, it's seriously pathetic that you're on here.

>implying ROTS will ever be forgotten

Nigga you retard? The people who saw the PT as kids are adults now, and the kids watching Disney shit haven't seen the PT, aside from Clone Wars maybe.

Gone within a decade, especially if Disney keeps making a new movie every year. They probably won't be able to restrain themselves from making a Vader Jedi Hunter prequel that will completely overshadow it too.

I'm sorry, but this needs to be said.

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

t. Mike Carolla

>it has been 4 days and the fat Sup Forums neck beards still haven't recovered from the RLM blast

feels great man

Jay is objectively better

THEY'RE BEING TORN APART IN THE COMMENTS, I SWEAR TO GOD. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. DELETE THIS!

This

Kill yourself

>tfw Jay taking acting classes in Chicago to surpass Mike in terms of screen presence

this

RLM continue to deliver with entertaining videos that provide with even more entertaining butthurt fests.

This is probably pasta but describes RLM quite well, so.. well.

What I don't understand about Mike is why he gives TFA a pass on so much shit, then criticizes Rogue One for the same problems when in Rogue One they were less pronounced. It makes him sound like a fucking madman.

watch the plinkett review for TFA

He likes shlock and TFA was a fun schlocky movie for everyone whereas R1 was a 2gritty2serious version of it that took itself way more seriously. The unnecessary fan service sticks out way more.

YEAH! Just like anybody who liked braveheart isn't a real Scottsman!
No True Scottsman would like that film!
No
True
Scottsman.

What the fuck? Is that getting paid or something?

Because TFA at least continues the saga, even if it's stupidly safe and rehashes so much it might as well be a soft reboot.

RO only exists because Disney wants a SWCU.

TFA at least has an excuse for existing, RO doesn't.

THAT'S THE PLANET THAT GETS BLOWN UP!

Well take a fucking guess.

I CLAPPED BECAUSE I KNOW STAR WARS! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>TFA at least has an excuse for existing, RO doesn't.
Why is telling a pivotal story in the existing universe somehow less justified than making a sequel when the overarching plot is already finished?

Can't tell. People here are autistic as fuck so that's a possibility too on Twitter I guess.

>pivotal story
It's not pivotal. It's the epitome of pointless filler that can still sell due to the high demand.

You can't continue the story (not that you needed too) without episode 7, RO has no plot related reason for being made.

>Calrissian Endor is wearing Han Solo's Hoth jacket

Guess Judea gets really cold at night.

>it's a desert so it must be hot
I can tell you didn't even do a single tour in Afghanistan.

>It's not pivotal.
It's the catalyst for literally the entire plot of A New Hope.

Good part of the "unnecessary fanservice" is just people using the same locations and weapons of the OT, because is very close to it.
Jesus chris I see retards complain about the AT-AT.

Many do not feel that he says enough, especially in light of R1

Because it's the simplest way to explain it. It wasn't just that things were done badly, they were done wrong. There's a thing they keep mentioning, "Star Wars is about the characters". Well this movie has shit characters and we don't care about them (cue bland tired picture of the heroes).

Star Wars is also about an adventurous tone. That doesn't need to be formulaic, IV and V are very different movies. R1 tried to do something different, I don't know what exactly, but it just didn't work. It's not a "gritty war movie", it's not a character movie, it's not anything.
The books, games, I haven't seen the cartoons but I'll guess they too, have different kinds of adventures, some very "un-formulaic", some with harsher tones, some with lighter ones. It can be done, it can be done right. But this hit nowhere close.

I have 300 confirmed reference spotting abilities you little film-watcher.

Weird I have seen ANH probably 50 times but I never felt it needed a catalyst.

It's filler. It does not need to exist. How Leia got the plans is completely irrelevant. ANH has worked for decades without out.

Hell, the only reason why Rogue One was placed right before ANH was for pandering reason by pretending that it's somehow related to the OT. Looked like Disney's marketing worked pretty well on you.

It was Fan Film tier. Total Memecore.

TFAggots now answer only in memes.

"F-fan service" (if the AT-AT was not there, there would have claimed the movie shit anyway and called the empire idiots to do not deploy it)

"c-cash grab" ALL of these movies are there for movies, retards. Do you think this is art? Kys.

>AT-AT
Don't be silly, it's an AT-ACT.

>TFA
>not being just as shitty as Rogue One
Ok kiddo.

Every time I see this image, I go check this guy's twitter for a few minutes.

He's still shilling for Rogue One. He's still re-tweeting every single person that tweets "Wow I loved this movie so great ^_^" and getting in more twitter arguments with people who dare say anything even remotely negative about it.

It's fucking insane that people like these exist.

It's hard to say whether the fanservice was truly uneccessary.

Was it necessary to see Dr Ugly and Bollock-Face? Nah. Did we have to see Red 5 getting blown up? Nope. Did we really have to see Gold Leader and Red Leader? No. Did we have to have C3PO and R2 and Jimmy Smits? Nada. Did we have to have a movie about how the death star plans were transmitted to Leia's ship that was on a diplomatic mission? No.

is the fact that we got all that a net negative?
No.