twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kingdom of lothra what?

this part of it

lothair's kingdom

>tfw the duchy of Burgundy doesn't exist anymore

at least we have the BeNeLux

Western Francia, best Francia

>tfw the Visigothic Empire doesn't exist

>tfw the Gothic language is still around and it is the oldest and most beautiful germanic language
>tfw Goths had their own Tribal God, therefore their own special snowflake paganism
>tfw they had their own laws

Gothic identity looks comfy as fuck desu

>tfw the Gothic language is still around and it is the oldest and most beautiful germanic language

How so?

>those borders
Feudalism was a mistake.

I meant that it is recorded, unlike Gaulish as an exeample

you didn't seem to have forgotten that period, but why do you celebrate De Ommegang each year?

>german education

I'm from Gotland (Land of the goths) ask me anything.

>The Visigoths emerged from the Gothic tribes, most likely a derivative name for the Gutones, a people believed to have their origins in Scandinavia and who migrated southeastwards into eastern Europe.

Do you worship Gaut ? Do you feel any guilt concerning the sack of Rome ?

Lordoftheringia

No
No

It seems like my gallo-frankish ancestors killed lots of your ancestors

Sorry?

Franks were Germanic brothers, no hard feelings.

I think the Goths were Arrian Christians when they had their kingdom.

No, I mean apologize, they also killed my ancestors

>Franks were Germanic brothers

Pannonianon would disagree :^)

Are gothic names (like Alaric, Goderic, Roderic, Athanagild) common among your people ?

About as popular as Clotaire, Dagobert or Childéric in France, I suppose...

>tfw we could still speak that language had they defended their borders against the moors

NEIN

Independent Frisia when?

N O W
O
W

true; we even still refer to ourselves as Bourgondiërs and to a lifestyle of plentiful good food and drink as Burgundian lifestyle.

It was our finest hour.

>Lucario II de Lotaringia

>Aishaire
>Muhamobert
>Ahmadéric

Sounds about right

In the early days yes, but they eventually converted.

It was because of constant Gothic infighting that some Gothic noblemen, particularly in the Ebro region in Spain, invited the muslims and converted to islam.

To be honest, all of France, Germany, Low Countries and Italy should be ruled by Karling dynasty

Celto-Germanic, half the Frankish tribes had Gaulish names

fuck off, we're Merovingians (although Charlemagne was born here, in Herstal)

you are fake news, honey

I was bout to say that

That's why I made a new BeNeLux flag for you

How original, Tyrone Jackson

The cross should be yellow or black though

I am Saxon

Just call it France user

you can check for yourself

Celto-Germanic hivemind ;)

pic related is my ancestor, Ambiorix king of the Eburones, later also known as Tungri and Toxandrii, nowadays Limburg.

We have a shitload of toponyms that still refer to Gaulish days. Not just the obvious ones like Tongeren (Tungri), Tessenderlo (forest of the Toxandrii), Menen (Menapii), Marche-en-Famenne (Paemani), Wenduine (Armorican Veneti trade hub), Koksijde (small harbour of the Chauci), Lombardsijde (small harbour of the Longobardi), Zwevegem and Zwevezele (Suevi), Kwatrecht (Quadi law), Averdoren, Averdoingt, Averbode and Avernas (Eburones), etc...

But to give one example there are 13 place-names containing the term Bever* (Beveren, Beverlo, Bevere, Beverhout, Beveren-aan-de-Leie, Beveren-Waas...) which come from the Gaulish term bebrona.

I say this because there was a Dutchman shittalking the Belgae heritage yesterday, claiming that most of Belgica was in France. Although he is right that Gallia Belgica was technically the land between the Rhine and Seine, when Caesar named the most fierce tribe which were according to him "the bravest amongst all the Gauls" he specifically named the tribes that lived in todays Belgium. The ones living in todays France were often very populous, like the Bellovaci, the most relevant ones did live within todays Belgium save for the Remi (Reims) who did not fight against the Romans but were their allies from the start, and the Treveri from Luxemburg (Trier).

And genetics confirm that both Flemings and Walloons are directly descended from these Belgae, and that they went up in the Franks; as there were Belgae living on both sides of the Rhine.

For example, 2 notable tribes that became part of the Salian Franks were the Usipetes (Gaulish for "good horsemen") which Caesar already noted for their top-tier cavalry, and the Tencteri (Gaulish for "the faithful").

Thanks m8. Maybe we should use a yellow cross though.

good thread

>tfw the holy roman empire doesn't exist anymore

true, although I highly recommend the compendium of all know Gaulish terms by Xavier Delamarre:

>Dictionnaire de la langue gauloise : Une approche linguistique du vieux-celtique continental
b-ok.org/book/1054100/234437

>Index des 'Dialects of Ancient Gaul' de J. Whatmough
b-ok.org/book/2027805/7e9ad9

Thanks to toponyms and curse tablets they managed to recover a substantial amount of words and some insight into the grammar.

We not only have the known living Celtic languages to compare, although insular Celtic already split quite early from continental Celtic (eg. p/q shift, eg. Pretani/Bretoni and Cretani/Qretani, Menapii/Monapii and Monaich (Fer Monaich in Ireland)) and we also know that when Romans wanted to speak to each other but did not want Gauls present to understand them, they spoke Grek, as Latin and Gaulish was partly mutually intelligible, hence why Latin displaced Gaulish do quickly.

quel livre?

Photo relatée
He is downloadable

THANKS YOU

I literally searched it for months without being able to find it

If you don't have "La langue gauloise" of Pierre-Yves Lambert you can download it here

uploaded*net/file/999zphz4 (replace "*" with ".")

Ah oui, joli livre, une couverture qui m'inspire beaucoup de choses... :^)

Hmmm

Photo relatée*

ça a pas l'air bien fascinant tout ça

The Chauci were closely related to Frisians, technically East-Frisians. There is a toponym in German Frisia called Cuxhaven (harbour of the Chauci).

In toponyms Cux- (Cuxham in England), Kok-, Cock- refer to them. Hence also why the falimy names Kok, De Cock etc... are very prevalent, they don't always refer to a cook, but ofteh to this tribe of tall Chauci, lauded by the Romans as amongst the most civilised of Germanics.

That is why we can easily see just from someones looks if he or she is Dutch or Belgian. Especially when they come from the Northern provinces of the Netherlands, they are amongst the tallest Europeans. I also noticed they tent to bald early.

Pic related for example, here we would immediately recognize them as Dutchmen. And I bet you can do the same for us.

Unbelievable for such small countries how this is possible for us.

oops wrong pic

I meant this one

merci bien mon ami

Certains conciles sont intéressants car ils contiennent des informations sur les Cathares et diverses hérésies, ainsi que la citation politique et religieuse de certains rois/royaumes

Quoi-qu'il en soit, je l'ai acheté en 2015 quand Sup Forums était en mode "DEUS VULT" et "muh orthodoxy"

De manière générale, j'en ai rien à foutre de la religion, je suis au dessus de tout ça.

(je suis pas un abruti d'athée pour autant)

>citation
situation*

I have a hard-on for the history of especially the neomanichean heresies. There was an undercurrent of heresy in France that goes way back, the toponym Castelnaudary is a good example of this. The city was founded in the early 11th century 'new castle of the Arians' and here the Arians were used as a general term for heretics. Although heresy always originated east, and the neomanichean heresy was already present by then in the Balkan as bogomilism, introduced there by Armenian Paulicians who settled in Bulgaria (around Plovdiv) and adapted and spread by a pop Bogomil in Macedonia under the name Dragovitsian Church (referring to the Slavic tribe of the Dragovitsians who settled there a couple of centuries earlier), around the days of the founding of Castelnaudary their presence in France must have been very recent, unless we assume there has been a constant invisible presence there that goes back to arianism and the original manicheans (who were once quite strong amongst the Romanised Treveri in Trier in the 5th century).

Another lesser known tidbit is that the Cathar heresy wasn't entirely eradicated after the Albigensian Crusade. As late as the early 18th century there is stated by pope Clement XI a group of heretics called the Camisards who had gained notoriety in the Dauphiné, Vivarais and chiefly the Cévennes. Fr. Montague Summers noted that the "Albigensian spirit" had never been eradicated completely in those areas. The very name Camisards refers to a black blouse they wore as uniform, a link to the black clothing worn by the Cathar/Albigensian perfecti.

Pope Clement XI styled the Camisards as "that execrable race of ancient Albigenses" in 1702 AD.

They fought a guerilla against the authorities for several years, and some managed to escape to England, where they tried to spread their heresy, and they got kicked out of England for "causing public unrest" a couple of years later.

If your interest is in the Cathars, this might interest you.

At least Germany does.

Unfortunately.