Were the Smiths that popular before (500) Days of Summer?

Were the Smiths that popular before (500) Days of Summer?

I got into The Smiths way before that movie.

When I used to skate around the time of Emerica's tour video before 2004-5 everyone was into The Smiths/Morrissey because of Spanky and photographer/NYC Hipster Patrick O'Dell.

im talking more mainstream, especially as a part of pop culture. weren't they mostly popular with freaks and weirdos back in the day whereas now its "hip"

No? They've been college girl-core since the late nineties at least. Same with Radiohead

this is the dumbest fucking question i have seen on this board in a long time

In the 80's people either loved them or loathed them.

who's your favorite smith?
i really like jaden, but will is cool too

not contrbuting to the thread

Were The Clash popular before Stranger Things?

Was Bowie that popular before this movie?

Is that Miranda Cosgrove on the left?

this is actually really good b8 nice job

yea but not with millenials

i guess it is, user

Was Joy Division that popular before pic related came out?

They were insanely popular in the 80s, though most people only knew their songs that rawked like How Soon Is Now and Shoplifters.

whats the deal with tumblrinas and their fetishization watching the life slip away from your eyes before departing this world shortly after themselves

"To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die." are some of the most romantic lyrics ever written and recorded

dying is hardly pretty and romantic

But it means you were with the person you love when you were alive

no it means if your husband dies before you and you dont have to live on without him which is stupid just get drunk or something

Well, they were playing small arenas, amphitheatre, and bowls in America by their '86 tour (roughly 4,000 - 10,000 capacity). Last two albums plus various compilations went Gold here. Not to mention Morrissey had one of his singles become a hit on Top 40 radio during his solo career in the mid-90s.

But you're right, nobody knew them in America until le mumblecore indie movie.

but is a life of suffering better than no life ?

maybe not for you but it is for other people

what kind of contribution do you expect when this thread is fucking trash

was Death Grips that popular before pic related came out?

but were they popular with millenials

As popular with millennials as Friends and Seinfeld

Not even close both of those shows were in every single household no TV every night. I bet most people under 35 in the US can't name a single Smiths song

and then we wonder why the other boards make fun of us

Was Elvis Presley that popular before Blade Runner 2049?¿

best one itt

I think Hand In Glove is more romantic

Was radiohead popular before Sup Forums cane out?

I do enjoy seeing
>Amerifags the thread

Ezra Miller.
That's a guy.

its just like johnny cash in england

oh hello nice iq there

Its like the whole 'EDM' debacle.

I'm delegating you when they finally decide they need to know who Ian Brady and Myra Hindley were to understand what Mozzer is banging on about.

What an inane fucking question. Are you retarded?

Hand in Glove is one of the greatest love songs ever imo

It's really unknown. They weren't the hip thing to listen to in the early 2000s until (500)DoS

They were one of the biggest bands in Britain in the 80s. Until they split up. Morrissey is a household name.

You would lose that bet retard

>wants to be taken seriously
>provides no evidences

Were The Beatles that popular before Mad Men?

that's like saying The Shins weren't popular before Garden State

edit: wrong Garden State pic

*replies seriously to obvious bait*

They honestly weren't THAT big in continental Europe, yeah they were known but more of a 'music lovers' type of band. Your average person on the street wouldn't have heard of them for sure, they were way smaller than they were in the UK

this. you know them if you proactively seek out new music in any way but not if you're at the whim of the radio or other people.

obvious bait nice dubs tho

racist desu