People who don't like TFA are 90% millenials in the age of 16 to 25 who are mad that their Star Wars were the shittiest...

People who don't like TFA are 90% millenials in the age of 16 to 25 who are mad that their Star Wars were the shittiest ones.

maybe but we did get the best EU stuff

Im older than that though. TFA is pure shit daisyfags

I NEVER saw the prequels as a kid, but I'm 22 years old. I saw the OT because my parents didn't know the prequels existed. Saw the prequels later with zero outside knowledge of their reviews and thought that they were great stories that I really enjoyed, but the way they were told did not impress me.

When I saw TFA I hated the story, because I'd already seen it, but loved the way they told it. But after my second viewing I realized that both te way they told it and the story itself were incredibly similar to ep. 4. This pissed me off and I ended up having the balls to tell my friends who loved it that I didn't like it.

Where is all the pro-TFA circlejerking coming from?

>Where is all the pro-TFA circlejerking coming from?
redditors who dont even like good fantasy blockbusters

Almost the same. TFA was not very good.

bullshit
did your parents live in a fallout bunker or something? everybody fucking heard of the new star wars, it was the god damn new star wars for fuck's sake

>Where is all the pro-TFA circlejerking coming from

paid Disney marketers

No, I'm originally from a country where not "everyone" knew of the new star wars movies, especially older out-of-touch adults.

Oh shit

*calls Disney*

Hey mouse, they're onto us, execute order 69!!!

>"Lel, Jar Jar is a shitty character and a racist parody"
Why no one says nothing about C3PO?
I always found it insufferable and terribly faggy.

How the fuck is he racist? And he's the brain child of a hyp-liberal cali film director with a black wife, how does a bumbling idiot that is a-racial become an indication that one race is better than others? Is it because he happens to be voiced by a poc?

anyone born after 1995 is not a mellenial

they are the generation after mellenials
they are the Disney Channel generation

OP is a retarded faggot

I'm 30 and TFA was shit.

im 27, never saw TFA, had no reason to. i liked the originals, and also midlu enjoyed the sequels.
guess i just grew out of it.
you know...
like when a kid becomes an adult.
like you should.

TFA is a dull film and the diversity hirings leave it broken and aimless....it's like eating a meal composed entirely of entrees.

>my parents didn't know the prequels existed.
Are they in some kind of cult or live the deep wilderness with no contact with first world society at all?

Overmarketing caused half the hate the prequels got.

Anyway I like TFA. It's an enjoyable viewing. Rogue One is 10 times better and has really humiliated Abrams but that doesn't mean that TFA wasn't alright as it goes. The story and characters are good it's just the world that's weak.

Small settlements that never caught my imagination. The only times they came close were the references to McQuarries art. Jakku was by the numbers and Maz Kanata's cantina... well I don't understand why people go to the middle of nowhere to drink like that. Where was the parking. I mean inside was cool if an obvious pastiche but it didn't fit the outside at all. Where did they go during the battle?

With Rogue One i felt the camera could follow any direction and the film would still be great.

My coworker is 45 and he hates TFA but loves Rogue One

Feels good that delta squad is canon. Always something

Were you too fucking retarded to read the response I already posted to the guy who said that same thing? Not every family is populated with hunky dory suburbians in America who know all the latest hip movies.

Rogue one's first hour is a fucking mess, the characters are shallow and the fanservice is meaningless and exists solely to pander

Tfa banked heavy on nostalgic fanservice but at least it was thematicly relevant to the story they were telling

My parents hate TFA too.

The Prequels were bad.

TFA is focus-tested inoffensive rubbish for a wider audience that hallmarks a bland, soulless future for the IP.

Both too retarded and already typing notice the length of my post. I'm not American either.

What shithole are you from that you weren't inundated with Star Wars? Nowhere in Europe.

I'm wasting my time because your parents knew rightly they just didn't bother taking a five year old to scream down the TPM theater.

>hyp-liberal cali film director with a black wife
I did not know this.

If the entirety of Europe was jerking it to the TPA leadup, Europe needs to stop being America.

I'm a millennial and loved it

I'm Jan 1995, can I get away as a millennial?

No, Bryan, you can't.

Nah you can't slam one's fanservice without cringing at the other.

>Thematically relevant
Ray lives in a fallen AT-AT (as if this wouldn't be an extremely fought over place to live or work out of) with a Red Squadron pilots helmet and all sorts of other fanservice literally her life and just to top it off the Millenium Falcon is just lying around. Again I don't mind. It's a Disney does Star Wars kids movie but there was no fanservice nods as bad as that in Rogue One. Not even the Cantina hoods.

I'm part of the 10% then. Then again, I don't like SW at all.

We were talking about the Prequels and Star Wars was popular throughout Europe. The biggest Star Wars fans I've met known were Polish and it's filmed throughout Europe with European cast and crew.

is George /ourguy/?

is Jungle Fever /ourthing/?
is DIVORCE /ourthing/?

All of Rogue Ones fan service is thematically relevant. It's just equipment and people that exist at the same time as the original movies.

All the fan service stuff in TFA is 20 years later and on different planets. How is that more thematically relevant?

TFS was awfully safe but it captured the feeling of the originals much better than the shit prequels. It's a good springboard to doing something a little more daring with Ep VIII.

How well it holds up is going to depend a lot on what they do with the next two movies.

TFA is a story about legacy and how the generation that followed the heroes of the OT struggles to find their own meaning while living in the shadow of greatness

Rogue one is just HEY HERE'S LEIA! HERE'S TARKIN! HERE'S "I DON'T LIKE YOU EITHER!" GUY! ARE YOU CLAPPING YET, AMERIFATS?

TFA is just a rehash of the OT, nothing you just said was actually in the film

Yeah I suppose it's just a coincidence that kylo is latching onto the legend of Vader to make up for his own insecurities

NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING REEEEE REHASH REHASH

Every single Star Wars is shit.
I forced myself to sit through all of them (apart from the 2 new ones) and really don't see the appeal at all.

There is nothing good about the force awakens. It's fanfiction. If you weren't retarded you'd know the same. Millenials apparently aren't autistic like you.

>There is nothing good about the force awakens
I like the first order trooper designs

Describe the character of Rey.
I watched TFA and she just felt as bland and boring as Qi Gon Booze

They look like they were made by apple.