If this is any good, will it lead to glorious animekino?

If this is any good, will it lead to glorious animekino?

Would love to see
>Samurai champloo
>Cowboy Bepob
>Berserk
>Mushishi

Will see if for scarjo, with a subway in my hand.

Hopefully not

We don't need anime movies to take off in the west until they have another anime renaissance. Right now the industry is 99% funded by the most autistic social outcasts in the world and the studios have to play to their mental disorders in order to stay afloat

we already got Japkino with Edge of Tomorrow

too old

Yeah but "if" it takes off, I doubt they will live action movies for lolicons and neets. Will probably make movies like OP listed.

Just had a flash of the future clusterfuck that will be the live action Cowboy Bebop. I'm not even a big Sup Forumsnime guy, just can only see a studio level expensive/youtube quality fan movie.

My fear is that it takes off an runs through the good material too fast or just jump right to shit animes. I mean they are already making a Naruto movie and the anime fags are going to convince the west it's the epitome of anime.

Cowboy bebop could work
You wouldn't need an INSANE budget, and the plot isn't so insane it would never work in live action

It's most likely going to fail or barely make money.

And why the shit do we even need americanized remakes of good anime?

Anime is a 18 billion $ industry with tons of mainstream titles.

Not everything is a low budget haremshit for fat autists.

We almost got Keanu Reeves to play Spike a decade ago but eveything feel through.

Could have been perfect if they could get him to be more expressive

please let it flop, let the japanese do what they do best, anime.

Just most

Death Eater is a perfect example. Plot sounds amazing and original. Teenage Grim Reapers being trained by Death to collect souls and they combine into partners with one turning into a literal weapon. Then the first episode had the protagonists unable to kill a witch, repeatedly, because of the size of her tits.

I mean even Studio Ghibli shut down. Obviously there are exceptions but for he most part the anime scene is pathetic and has been going downhill for over a decade

Would they do an adaption of the series or the movie? Would take a big budget for both I think.

>Samurai Champloo
>Cowboy Bebop
>FUCKING BERSERK
Were you born yesterday? There is absolutely no way that Hollywood could possibly make even remotely good adaptations of these anime. Cowboy Bebop is a classic because of its gorgeous animation which can't be translated to live action, and Berserk is absolutely impossible to adapt well without completely gutting the source material. As for Samurai Champloo, it might be possible to make a decent movie around that but nobody would go see it.

>Plot sounds amazing and original. Teenage Grim Reapers being trained by Death to collect souls

Dude, there are literally hundreds of manga like that. Stop acting like you know shit about the industry.

And anime industry is growing over 10% every year. It was never doing as good as it does now.

I mean there's always a way to make it, just really unlikely and what they most likely will create will be bad

Anime is shit

A Patlabor movie could actually work if they kept the mostly upbeat tone.

I want a Brs movie directed by Refn.

They already ruined the franchise with the terrible tv series mind as well try again expect without the schoolgirl concept.

Nope. There is no way Hollywood would ever make something like Berserk. And a properly done Bebop movie would cost like 400 million $.

It's just not happening.

>SC
possible, but the tempo is very unlike any movies we are getting. the only way to get a decent movie, you'd have to completely rewrite it.
>CB
i don't remember much, but seems the most likely.
>Berserk&Mushishi
plain impossible. especially mushishi

Oh yes, I sure want to see ugly 30+ western actresses fighting with CGI.

Berserk would be easy as hell to adapt.

I'd pick based Snyder to do it.

Literally kill yourself.

I don't give a shit about manga. My life isn't pathetic enough, or I don't have enough autism if that's what it really takes, to spend my time reading comics instead of actual novels. Reading Japanese comics is a low point I'm glad I never fell to in my adolescence let alone as an adult.

Okay wait, so you watch a shonen anime for little boys and complain that it's childish? Really?

Wont be good with scarjo, seriously that triggers me so friggin much

GURREN LAGAAN
U
R
R
E
N LAGAAN

>Implying Refn wouldn't be crazy enough to get a all asian cast.

Motherfucker, not even the gooks can adapt Berserk. Anime? They've tried and failed twice. Video games? Same thing. Movies? Three failures in a row.

Berserk is a heavy metal rape fest filled to the brim with ridiculously detailed monster designs in every frame. To adapt it into a movie while staying faithful to the source material it would cost a billion dollars and get an X rating.

how can anyone look at this and not start laughing

>it's a person who only watched anime when it was on toonami/AS episode

to be honest I think it will flop, everyone and his grandmother knows for example star wars, who the fuck knows about ghost in the shell?

I never really understood samurai shampoo
it's like in the past feudal Japan but that got graffiti taggers and freestyle rappers and break dancing nigger? wtf is that shit all about and how do they explain it? how do weebs defend it? makes no sense

the music does it

does what? make it look dumb? it's part of what I don't understand
why hip hopping ninjas and shit
really weird but hey its Japan so yeah
but what's the appeal? and how do they get away with it within the show? makes zero sense
>inb4: it's an animayonnaise, doesn't gotta make sense, deal with it

if marketing is good it will rake in money but dont think the west will appreciate it.

It's stylized? If you can't understand that you may have genuine autism. It's a hybrid of old Japan and new Japan, a mixture of the two cultures. It's not supposed to be historically accurate.

Samurai Champloo is set in an alternate version of Edo-era (1603 to 1868) Japan with an anachronistic, predominantly hip-hop, setting.

Golden Boy

Would an EVA movie work?

Like Underworld

As long as they don't gut ninja scroll or vampire hunter D

we already got a better version

Trigun would be good. But it's a shame that Hollywood doesn't have any charismatic male leads under 30.

not my fault you like stupid crap
well this sort of answers it

>directed by Refn.
anime fans confirmed as being plebs with no taste
kek

Give me hunter x hunter

>Finn Wolfhard as Killua
>Noah Schnapp as Gon

The original berserk anime is comfy as fuck. They gloss over some stuff, but I'm not an autist so that doesn't ruin it for me.

Berserk and claymore could be awesome if done by HBO but a movie is just to short.

Jormungand would work pretty well, but you'd need to find a kid that can do action scenes.

Cowboy Bepob is the only anime that has a chance to be adapted, but there's literally no reason to do it other than a cash grab. Ghost in the Shell is only being made because it's one of the most popular anime of all time, it's socially acceptable to like it. Berserk and Samurai Champloo are both pretty good but they're not popular enough.

Hahahahaha you're fucking pathetic.

Anime might be growing, but the fan base is still primarily fat basement dwellers, neets, and ugly women who like attention. 95% of anime is completely unmarketable to a mainstream audience.

Does anyone in your family/friends know about ghost in the shell?

jake gyllenhaal...wait shit hes old now

>Weeb who probably has a folder full of his waifus hentai calls someone else pathetic
kek stay mad gayboy

Two of my cousins and a good number of my male friends. I personally haven't watched it, I don't like anime. But if any anime has a chance, its Ghost in the Shell or Cowboy Bebop

All those who masturbated over Scarlett on the roof top "nude" say Aye.

KEIJO!!!

Also this

STUDY STUDY STUDY

Those 2 where the first couple animes I watched, then I watched a bunch of it until I realized that anime is a huge genre and most of it isn't good.

I had this convo with my friend the other day, he was talking about a live action Eva, and all I could say was "Pacific Rim was the best where going to get".

well its (((her))) as a lead so it will suck.

Anime is way to reliable on melodrama and agreed-upon tropes to work as an appealing medium for the masses.

I don't think the organic movement of Evas would ever really work in CG trying to be realistic. NGE is also incredibly loose with the scale of them, and some of the imagery would just be odd in a realistic style. Pacific Rim put a lot of work into making giant robots that look satisfying with modern Hollywood effects and art design.

>Anno will never sell the IP to NGE
feels good, it would never work

There would have to be another war or something Japan has to overcome. A lot of the good directors from the 80s and 90s grew up in some kind of hardship. Also they grew up in a time where the west was having a film renaissance.

It'd be very very hard to trigger another one.

(((they))) will ruin it somehow