/dceu/ general

previous thread >

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/justice-league-cast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

trailer when

Hope the trailer is coming out this month.

Who's the villain?

steppenwolf

Steppenwolf or some shit.

Steppenwolf, on of Darkseid's minions.

Thread reported for shilling

Snyder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nolan

patrician cinema and Sup Forums sensibilities

Zack Snyder

Rotten tomatotes.... again

Literally what did he mean by this?

That Snyder, The Wachowskis, Bay, and Nolan all have a tin ear when it comes to human interaction, but at least the first 3 have a libidinous weirdness to them while Nolan is just boring.

>tfw its gonna be BvS all over again
>just wait you guys the 2 days extended version will be fine

I can agree with this although I got a bit more enjoyment of Nolan's movies then the others. He's 100% autistic though, that is completely true.

mark hughes at forbes said it's coming "soon," people think it'll come christmas eve or christmas

can't fucking wait bros

Nolan definitely has a problem with genuine emotional connections between characters. I don't think Snyder does though.

>>tfw its gonna be BvS all over again

i can't imagine anything better

I can't wait to have a full superhero movie universe for adults.

i like these DCEU threads, they're comfy

Maybe in 20 years.

Yeah, generally. The last one was shitty, but usually they're pretty fun.

this

Looks like Lex is confirmed for JL along with Hippolyta

slashfilm.com/justice-league-cast/

>anons stated trailer would be out today
>nothing
Whats gone up lads? Wheres my fresh kino?

Anyone else miss this meme? I loved EvanPosting...there was never a good retort to it
Image a handsome rich guy whose entire life has been on easy laughing at your misfortune
How do you reply to that?
But now we know he's a Hillary supporter
Behind that smile is tears
Pathetic liberal tears

Sad to see such a great meme die

you're gonna make me cry

Yeah Snyder is definitely an emotional filmmaker.

People have been saying it's gonna drop everyday this week, because that instagram post where a guy talked to Snyder who said promotion would start before end of this month. Then there was OP's pic released and people really started believing a trailer was incoming, and now forbes dude has said there's gonna be one. But who knows when it'll actually come out?

tomorrow would be a perfect time

who is this retard?

Just some twitter guy I was linked to. Seemed relevant to the thread.

i think christmas eve is likely, honestly. that's not just me being a dumb fanboy, it would make sense. That way it can go along with Live By Night, Affleck's new film that releases Christmas.

I wish this is going to be as awesome as bvs

>That way it can go along with Live By Night, Affleck's new film that releases Christmas.

Why would they do that though? Seems like everyone keep assuming studios release trailers to play in front of movies from the same studio, but usually it's in front of movies that appeal to similar demographics. That's why all the geek movie trailers came out this month to play in front of Rogue One, not just Disney ones. If the JL trailer was gonna be out this month they would have wanted it in front of Rogue One I think, maybe it'll be out next month.

well there were a ton of trailers released earlier to appear in front of rogue one. planet of the apes, spiderman, guardians. so they didn't want to be crowded out by that.

filename When manlets attack

yep the meme himself create a counter meme whenever someone evanposts just post one of his libtears posts and the marvelcucks retreat to reddit

thank you chris evans

Evans is beta af, he made an actual apology when people got mad about him laughing at Renner calling Black Widow a slut. Renner gave an "apology" that basically said "grow up you dumb nerds", that was hilarious.

Why does Sup Forums still have hope for DCEU?

Because based ben

Because Zack is a KinoGod.

I don't have hope for the DCEU, I have hope for Justice League. I didn't like SS, probably won't like Wonder Woman, but I'm excited about JL and The Batman. Aquaman will probably be cool too I guess, James Wan is a good director.

There's not a single thing Nolan does right. No shit Snyder > Nolan. Reddit will pretend they love TDKR though like the good little RT cocksuckers they are.

literally who
Why do DC even bother?
They are now forced to use C-tier villains since they already ruined their main ones (Joker, Lex)

Not really, might watch it for based Batfleck but I am not expecting anything out of it.

honestly I just want another Superman solo movie, that and The Batman, not a big fan of Leto but I'd like to get some hard details on the things teased in BvS, not just Robin but why the hell Wayne Manor is a burnt out husk.

I'd also really like Faora to return in some capacity, a heelturn seems improbable but I want it all the same

>based Zack introducing the New Gods and wants to bring in the Furies
>darkseid a c-tier villain
you know nothing and should be ashamed

because mos and bvs were great, miles above marvel stuff

i didn't say darkseid was a c-tier villain since he clearly is the final boss of DCEU
just steppenwolf

fucking lol

Why's he so perfect?

Why does this pic arouses me?

i hope he never loses that purity he looks a bit down lately :(

it looks like thor is trying to stop batfleck from directing batman

kek

not True

Nolan is a man, Snyder is a child

>autism : the post

"MoS wasn't so good, but I'm sure they'll get it right this time!"

"BvS wasn't so good, but I'm sure they'll get it right This time!"

"SS wasn't so good, but I'm sure they'll get it right THIS time!"

MoS was actually really good though.. dare i say kino?

ITT: 29 cucks who thinks Snyder's capeshit is good.

Those digits don't lie.

I don't care how shit these movies are.

But they will always be shit because of how out of place and shit Gal Gadot looks. They had a good cast with Affleck and Cahill, why did they just think "fuck it" with everyone else.

But MoS and BvS are great user

MoS was ok. Everything was great until the third act.

user BvS and Mos were kino thanks to based Zack

Poor guy poured his heart and soul into BvS and the "critics" completely sabotaged it.

it's gotta take a lot of restraint for zack to not just go out and explain to hack critics how dumb they are

this

>DCEU

Fucking LOL.

I have about as much respect for DCEU as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is Saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is Tarantino. It is imdb. It is facebook. It is ragecomics.

I loved the part where superman was flying around. And then the entire city was leveled, and everyone died. Yay...?

>He doesn't think Lex is playing everyone for suckers, even the gods.

It's like you haven't even been paying attention.

So Lex successfully pitted Bats against Supes. But then he went on and created Doomsday...? Why? He hates Kryptonian gods, why wold he create a god-monster who can't be stopped? Especially when he already pitted Batman against Superman?

Doomsday was his backup, there was a countdown running while he was confronted by Superman in the ship, so presumably he could have aborted it. As for the fact that Doomsday would just destroy the world once he killed Superman it doesn't seem like Lex cared. He was pretty fucked up, he's fine with the Earth being destroyed as long as Superman dies.

Because Lex never believed Batman would be able to survive against Superman, much less be able to win.

He pitted Superman against Batman to make Superman bow down to him and go kill a man to keep his own mother safe. To show that Superman's weak and selfish.

Lex plans was to have Superman kill Batman and then kill Superman with Doomsday, a creature he created with his own blood. Doomsday was his baby.

gj, you had to have it explained to you in a capeshit movie why someone is a villain
i can't believe snyder goes over your head

Lex actually thought that Doomsday would obey him. Sons are supposed to obey their fathers.

Lex would rather destroy the world by than live in one he doesn't control. That's why he creates Doomsday and later calls Darkseid to Earth.

So his back-up was essentially Superman (whom Lex hated and wanted to stop in the first place) only way more destructive and even more unstoppable?

I don't remember him ever trying to give Doomsday and order. In my mind the "Blood of my blood" thing was just about Luthor's vanity. His creation of his own flesh will kill Superman and lay waste to the Earth, there's no greater expression of his power.

Why do people pretend BvS and Suicide Squad are good movies?

I love Batman, he's easily my favorite super hero. But the movies weren't good. BvS's only good part was the kino warehouse fight scene.

I was so hyped about Suicide Squad but it was even worse than BvS. Nothing redeemable about it.

And then he would have an unstoppable God-monster on his hands, a monster that levels
cities just because he's grumpy. Great plan, Lex.

So he's a villain because the script demands it? Wow, that sure is some shitty writing.

>So he's a villain because the script demands it?

Stuff happens in movies because it's in the script.

Lex stood proud of what he did when Doomsday got out. He showed no fear standing close to the monster.

Then Doomsday went straight to punch his face in and Lex got scared shitless. Thankfully Superman was there to save Lex's ass.

Yeah, and in order to make the script enyoable the characters need to behave as actual human beings. Otherwise it comes off as weird and unrelatable.

>Yeah, and in order to make the script enyoable the characters need to behave as actual human beings. Otherwise it comes off as weird and unrelatable.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. "Realism" is a ridiculous metric to judge film by, especially genre films like this one. Take your Save The Cat, Screenwriting 101 bullshit and fuck off. This is what all this dumbarse youtube film analysis has wrought, they've convinced people that there's a "Right" way to make a film that is objectively correct and anything that doesn't fit is a failure.

I never said realism. I said relatable. As in, hey I can sorta see why a character would make that decision. But in BvS? Lex hates Supes because he's an unstoppable God. So he creates another unstoppable God to kill him. Had he succeeded, he would be stuck with a God-Monster who loves to kill and destroy. Pretty weird for a character who hates Gods, especially because he fears they would kill and desroy indiscriminatley? No?

You fucking coward.

>Pretty weird for a character who hates Gods, especially because he fears they would kill and desroy indiscriminatley?

That's not why he hates Superman, that's jsut the bullshit he sells the government to get access to the Kryptonian ship and Zod's body. He hates Superman because he envies him, like he says at that fundraiser.

>Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is *paradoxical* and, um... thank you for coming.

Superman has power, real power. The kind Lex has been trying to get his whole life only to know realise that all his knowledge profits him nothing. He can't let Superman exist, because Superman proves that his life is meaningless, so the only thing he can do to give it meaning is to kill Superman.

Screw off mang.

> the final boss of the Dc cinematic universe is a green tomato

Nowhere in the movie am I led to believe that Lex envied Supes. Your head-cannon is adorable, but it is on par with tumblerina shipping bullshit. Might as well tell me that Aang is having the hots for Sailor Moon.