This is actually a good album. The early Rolling Stones are very underrated...

This is actually a good album. The early Rolling Stones are very underrated. I think that their quasi-rivalry with the Beatles brought out the best in them.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1C9Qq7MpO20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

underrated?

everybody's rivalry with the Beatles brought the best out of them

yea, The Rolling Stones v. The Beatles rivalry was a rip-off of Oasis v. Blur... but yea, some good music came out of thatg

At least on Sup Forums. The Stones were extremely consistent in their first decade.

Brian Jones era was great, shame they murdered him.

Yeah. Everyone either knows the Rolling Stones as "le geriatric dad-rock singles band" or "Beggars Banquet/Let it Bleed/Exile On Main Street". I personally happen to be quite partial to Aftermath and Between The Buttons but I very rarely see them get any love on here. I would go so far as to say that the latter is superior to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Where were you when you realized this was the best Stones album?

aftermath, their satanic majesties request and between the buttons are my favourite Stones albums and I don't consider them underrated

it's a redpilled album

I consider "early" early Stones to be everything before Aftermath. Aftermath is their first good album

The most famous songs are on fucking Aftermath and Between the Buttons like Paint it Black, Under My Thumb, Let's Spend The Night Together and Ruby Tuesday

But those are also on all of the hits compilations. I'm talking about the deep cuts.

Wow I've never seen this version of goats Head soup before

so is Gimme Shelter, Brown Sugar and Start Me Up

Did The Rolling Stones invent goth rock with Gimme Shelter and Paint It Black?

The Rolling Stones suck.

You don't actually think this. There's no way someone who isn't deaf could think this.

>quasi-rivalry with the Beatles
Stop this meme. It's been over 50 years

It was more of a friendly competition, hence "quasi-rivalry".

>Hey guys let us write you a song
>OK thinks hey guys sing on this track
I don't think you know what a competition is

>beatles do a folky album with odd instrumentation, their first really consistent work
months later
>stones do a folky album with odd instrumentation, their first really consistent work

>beatles do a heavy psychedelic pop album
months later
>stones do a heavy psychedelic pop album

>beatles do sgt. pepper
months later
>stones do satanic majesties

>beatles do a stripped down post-LSD album
months later
>stones do a stripped down post-LSD album

I'm not trying to say the Beatles were objectively better or anything, but I believe that they certainly influenced the direction the Stones took in the mid-'60s, to a significant extent

Out Of Our Heads is good too. It just doesn't feel as "consistent" as the subsequent two.

vocaroo.com/i/s1C9Qq7MpO20

;^)

paint it black is raga rock

Keith never did LSD, Jagger never did any drugs
Satanic Majestie's and SGT Pepper are only ever similar in their covers.

they literally got arrested high on acid

Literally every rock band of the 60's wanted to be The Beatles, everyone was competing with them.

>tfw he would've conquered 60's music if his brothers had supported him and he didn't do so many drugs

feels bad, man