ITT We post villains that were ultimately the good guys

Cutler Beckett, as I've said in the other thread.

All memes aside this man did literally nothing wrong.

I know, right!? Everybody says that discount Kevin Costner was the hero and Stephen Lang was a genocidal asshole, but he was a good man

looking back it amazes me that NotKevin didn't even try to negotiate a peace deal

He was a bit mean to Davy Jones

He kinda failed at keeping down a rebellion that he should have easily crushed with superior technology

>that scene in PoA when Snape pushes kids behind his back to defend them against the werewolf
I'm wet for him.

Arguable. His behavior was utterly self-serving and depraved.

He was changing the world on his own accord with no negative effects to anyone. I guess he was a dick to caleb but thats about it

Shane would think that Rick was too extreme nowadays

He was an exponent of classicism and encouraged the continuation of the hunger games and poor management of the districts. Literally a bad guy. Just because Coin wasn't good it doesn't mean he was.

Killed a fuckload of innocents

Specifically asked for the death star to fire upon a populated city full of imperial citizens and troops.

Yeah this guy was just doing his job.

Yeah clearly not a villain, this isn't even up to debate. He died a hero.

Murders a fuckload of innocents for the lols

>murders a fuckloaf of innocents for the lols

Excuse me, but Chigurh did nothing for the lols. He did what he did because of his ethic code. He felt nothing killing those people

Lazytown is a post modern work of art, meant to emulate the state of the modern European continent, and the politics therein.
Stephanie is a refugee who arrives to Lazytown and immediately seeks to change the entire town and its customs. This is meant to be a parallel to the muslim refugees in Europe who have pushed to make Islam more represented in the continent.
When this fails, Stephanie begins to ask help from Sportacus, a man who uses strength to aid Stephanie's cause. In this sense, Sportacus is representative of ISIS, or of jihadis in general, and their quest to destroy Europe and replace it with an Islamic Caliphate.
The puppets are so because they do not see how they are destroying their society, they are nothing but puppets to Stephanie and her supporter, much like the good hearted people of Europe do not see how those they help do not have their best interests at heart. In this genius representation, we then see the character of Robbie Rotten desperately trying to maintain Lazytown as it has always been, thus making Robbie be the stand in for the right wing in general, and the authoritarian brand of neo fascist reactionary thought sweeping through the continent in a desperate attempt to preserve old Europe.
Robbie always fails to make Lazytown be lazy, and that is because they puppets themselves must chose to oppose the refugee Stephanie so Lazytown, and by extenion, Europe, be preserved as they always have been. Robbie Rotten is the savior of the white race.

Snape was a 'villian' for almost the entire thing he was an antagonist

It doesnt fucking matters if he didn't felt shit. His actions were still immoral and worthy of a villain. With that shit logic of yours you could say every single jihadist terrorist in the world isn't a bad guy because they believe they're doing something good.

Except until the final part where we learn that he had ALWAYS been a good guy and had ALWAYS been working as a "double agent".

I shit you not: I always thought "Lazytown" was called like that because the inhabitants except the 3 human actors were actually retarded ("lazy") because of how the puppets look. They all look like they have down syndrome

Yes but Snape fits the OP, he may have been a double agent but he was still kind of a dick and that wasnt because he was a double agent it was his nature

Know what bothered me most about that?

He was excited about Jake's new legs.

He was completely loyal to Jake, he thought Jake was great, and he got downright giddy when he was like "We're gonna get you patched up Jake, doc's gonna make you walk again, I'll see to it myself"

And of course he was tremendously, heroically brave, from charging alone into the gas field without a mask to riding at the front of the gunship column when he could have easily overseen the battle from home base to making a last stand, totally outnumbered and surrounded, in a fucking robot suit armed with a knife

How can Jake fuck over a man like that without even showing a twinge of doubt or regret