Tame Impala

What are you hoping the next album sounds like? More R&B psych pop like Currents or back to form with experimental psych rock like Lonerism?

youtube.com/watch?v=RwaYflHAIGQ

>more of the Same
>back to the same

You realize this is their make or break album that is supposed to cement them as legends?

Next album needs to be like a vanguard pushing legendary album that changes everything.

or else!

Whatever it is, an emphasis on improvisation could go a long way

i hope for something in the style of currents but less shit

I hope there is no next album. Tom will die and the band will fall apart

>back to form with experimental psych rock
>experimental
what?

Hoping they finally decide to make good music

I'm hoping it sounds like nothing else he's ever done because then I might actually like his music.

I am hoping its either completely different or back towards psych rock. Maybe kev takes it in a heavier direction idk just not Currents part 2

Tame Impala sucks honestly. One day you will wake up and realize that you have poor taste.

Good luck lad.

>Tame Impala sucks honestly.
yeah, that explains their critical acclaim and worldwide success

do you really think lonerism wasnt more experimental or risky than innerspeaker or currents with minute long throwaway tracks and an opener like be above it? what?

Great comeback, Mom

they're probably the biggest most anticipated band on the planet, deal with it, kiddo

>t. king gizzard fag
they're just an oh sees rip off, get over it

>that explains their critical acclaim and worldwide success
Payola

Lonerism was/is their peak.

Kevin's gonna start making future bass wobbles with his guitar

I like the variety, they've shown they can take on multiple genres and should continue pushing boundaries

that being said I think currents is their best album so far

They should do like a primal scream type of thing. But like primal scream filtered through kevin parker production.

If thats a hit then the album after that should rip off spirtualized and be very emotional sad boy shit

to be honest, ive always thought im coming down to be very tame impala-spiritualized-ish but instead of the saxophone kevin would use a synth

I really like Tame Impala but very easily accept why someone might not enjoy their music, there are things that annoy me constantly about their songs. With that in mind I must ask out of curiosity, what exactly peeves you about Tame Impala?

The next album needs to be like a super dancy, super happy, alt dance, alt rock, acid, primal scream type of deal.

Just what is it that you want to do?
Well, we wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do
And we wanna get loaded and we wanna have a good time
And that's what we're gonna do (away baby, let's go)
We're gonna have a good time, we're gonna have a party

After you get all of the happy dance out.

then its the after party where you are depressed

then they should be all

all i want in life is a little bit of love to take the pain away

then they should be all sad psychedelic space rock

I dont mind, I like what they've done so far. Catchy yet interesting songs. And Kevin does it all alone (cmiiw) so props. Of course there are typical pretentious mufags in this thread, suck your dogs balls guys

screamadelica is a really good comparison to currents. kevin even says his idea was to make his music more danceable like that but still psych

Currents is in my top 5 albums of all time.

But, Lonerism is top 30, and innerspeaker top 100.
So as long as he maintains consistency I don't really mind what type of flavor he brings to the project as long as it is good

Sadly he went full pop. It’s a waste of his talents really to be making well produced but generic pop music with Mark Robson and Lady Gaga. I wish he just go the MGMT route and go into full blown psychedelia and experiment.

kevin will keep doing even more derivative pop garbage because thats what got him famous. Too bad, innerspeaker and lonerism are really great albums

You might be right, though Current's catered to the general normie crowd.

Next album will literally be low-fi chill study beats

>The next album needs to be like a super dancy, super happy, alt dance, alt rock, acid, primal scream type of deal
this

>ghibli nujabes mixfor relaxation/study

>minute long throwaway tracks
WOW SO EXPERIMENTAL

bitch even fucking u2 and coldplay do that shit.

Be Above It is certainly somewhat unique, but not exactly that out there.

kevin needs to copy merriweather post pavilion otherwise it will be a let down

he already did with innerspeaker

>All these replies saying that Kevin Parker should rip off X

Yeah this is why I have no respect for the band or its fans

revivalist band fans wanting them to do X, yeah, so crazy annoying, right?

no nope not all..... stop being a noob. Merriweather is fun exciting psych-pop with lots of synths and not much guitar.
innerspeaker is just chill psych rock with synths but guitar is very prominent.

revival =/= ripoff artist

not that kevin parker would know that

the guitar being more prominent it is why its better, plen. kevins guitar work is like an explosion even though its mostly textual

you're right im wrong im sorry for calling you a noob.