What to do with foreign currency?

Burger here.

I've got 141 SEK lying around. 31 is in coins and 110 of it is in bills that are no longer in circulation. Banks won't take either of them.

What can I do with this shit money no one wants? I'm probably never going to Sweden again in my lifetime.

We've recently switched coins and bills so you're probably holding worthless material stuff now. Except the massive cultural importance of Swedish currency of course.

keep them in your home as a memory, if banks won't take the change of them.

Welp. Shit sucks for me.

I should've switched this a long time ago but it was sitting in a forgotten drawer in my dresser.

You mean new design or an actual new currency? If it's the former, why the fuck would it be worthless?

My memories associated with them are lukewarm at best, desu.

I would keep one of each and get rid of the rest

See if the coins work in bubblegum machines or something

Dunno how it is in Estados Unidos, but here you can donate old and foreign money to the local church-organization, they will do smt out of that. Other than that, either keep it or give it to friends/collegues/or w.e. who will visit Sweden.

I used to wonder why people try to pay with foreign coins but now I get it.

Redesign

>why
Because they don't want mixed bills and coins in circulation?

Coins and bills are now in completely different values, bills have had their security features altered, etc.

It is also a way for the gubbament to make sure money is "accounted for". This usually strikes pretty hard for criminals who are sitting on money yet to be laundered

buy stuff from somalians

In the US we still accept old currency but our designs typically stay the same (until that Harriet Tubman $20 starts getting printed).

Not a bad idea. Do I have to go to Somalia?

New designs but the old bills and coins are invalid now. You can still trade bills in at the bank for about another year but you can't buy shit with it anymore.

>why the fuck would it be worthless?

(((who)))) might want to do something like this I wonder...? Because of reduced costs and "black money" as in untaxed money and laundering and stuff like that.

The thing that really sucks is that they switched out all our kings and scientists for famous people from the media and "culture" instead. Might have been intentional. They sure look ugly as fuck now.

Old ones looked pretty good. The new coins are extremely small too. Looks like monopoly money.

so many decent pictures of Hammarskjöld and they take the one with his double chins showing

>implying it didn't look like monopoly money before

The government has done a few redesigns here too, but I don't recall they ever making the older notes worthless, they just stop making those and the central bank just stores or does whatever with these older ones.

Is the man portrayed in the 1000SEK the one whose plane crashed in Zambia back in the days?

I have and was really surprised when I went to the bank and saw shitty photos slapped onto the new boring bills. The least they could have done was hire a professional portrait artist. Photos look so shit on money.

>Harriet Tubman $20

I hope it doesn't fucking happen.

Andrew Jackson is my man.

Did they? The colours perhaps. Meant the smaller size of the coins and the terrible photos mostly.

Yep.

Don't tell me they made the 10 coin smaller.

Eh, our money only really has different animals and colours on it desu, I think they changed one of the animals on the last redesign, not sure

>10 coin
Actually the 10 Krona coin is the only coin they didn't change.

No, the tens wasn't changed.

Here are all coins now. New 2krona.

The German central bank still accepts old Deutschmarks to this stay, despite the fact that they went out of circulation 15 years ago.

Why is Swedish money so inferior?

Fucking hate the 1 and 2 coin... Almost identical and the nearly the same size. Idiotic.

Fucking kek

I'm so sorry.

God, the new ones look bland. Atleast we got Astrid Lindgren, but does anybody really give a shit about Greta Garbo nowadays? Ah fuck it, I never use cash these days anyway.

>Ah fuck it, I never use cash these days anyway.
Yesterday the card machines were down almost all day. Made me happy I had cash on me.
Should always carry at least 500-1000 in bills.

>Should always carry at least 500-1000 in bills
Good so you don't get stabbed when Mabdullah and his gang robs you

Meh I live in the countryside, never see any foreigners.
>Gamla goda Dalarna!

>>Gamla goda Dalarna!
Hell fucking seger!