Is emo sexist???

pitchfork.com/thepitch/unraveling-the-sexism-of-emos-third-wave/

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/thepitch/unraveling-the-sexism-of-emos-third-wave/
bbc.com/news/world-africa-40185359
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not even remotely.

If you don't burn all of your old Brand New merch and vinyl, you support rape culture!!

So does this mean Housebroken by The Hotelier is sexist?

Jesse Lacey is a cunt, but some of those complaints about other bands is a stretch.

>Niggers shouting about raping, murdering, objectifying, or abusing women is fine
>But some midwest soyboy whining about his highschool crush is sexist
really makes me think

They rap about that to dispell the anger they faced at the hands of whites who enslaved them. Intelligent whites know this, and feel sympathy for their plight, which gives them their popularity. Midwest soyboys have literally nothing to complain about, because they already have the advantage of being white, which virtually grants them access to any girl they want. In that regard, they write about brutally dishonest, superficial emotions and make money for selling moronic "sensitivity" albums.

this, fuck wh*te """people"""" and fuck donald drumpf

Kill yourself trap nigger.

Pitchfork is awful, repeat after me!
if you really think it's acceptable to still write lyrics about enslavement you're delusional. I don't see jewish people writing lyrics about WW2, maybe I'm oblivious to it but it doesn't seem to be a topic that is covered in songwriting

This isn't about slavery directly, moreso the devastating consequences it had on African Americans. They were held back long ago from ever achieving anything of worth, and as such, they used rap to talk about this pitiful, tragic life.

dey dindu nuffin!

Anything with a hint of ingenuity can be called "sexist" - humanity is a sexist beast, like the spiders who eat the males after sex.

It’s crazy how a SJW band made one of the greatest critique songs about Islam, without even knowing it.

Third wave anything sucks anyway

>emo
>sex

pick one

but to give rap a pass because of the struggle blacks suffered is to lower the standard and basically have the opinion that "oh well, they can't know any better because what happened to them!".

it's a very sad and paternalistic mindframe that reduces them to being perpetually conditioned by their past.

Yes

nice b8, this should get some replies

Rappers are constantly talking about bitches etc, why is emo the sexist genre?

Absolutely not. Use your fucking brain and stop reading jew media who shoves the real sexist degeneracy that is trap down your throat every waking hour

You can only be sexist if you are a white, straight male apparently.

Youll find that this type of shit extends in all kinds of areas.

For example I am native american and I have never been bothered for going deer hunting in my life, people always say “oh my god thats really cool” whereas when my white friends hunt deer they catch all kinds of persecution, people calling them killers and what not. It suddenly becomes perverse when a white person does it.

It's the natural consequence for whites inadvertently damaging the world through conquests and imperialism. Although I don't fully agree with such a punishment, it's inevitable for whites to garner such a significant amount of blame for their role in history.

Most African Americans are constantly tormented by their past regardless; even with the advent of emancipation, blacks still suffered with finding a position in America. It wasn't until civil rights activists like Martin Luther King Jr and Malcolm X espoused the liberty of African Americans that we began our first steps towards progress. And even now, they still suffer police brutality, poverty and are essentially regarded as inferior by the people on this website. I'd say they still have many perilous obstacles to face before they're truly free under their past. They're ready for it. The question is, are you?

this is a quality post

Correct

Devil you know vs devil you don't

>conquests and imperialism
Sweetheart, you're talking about the jews

Unraveling the sexism of riot grrl

Nice tokenism fag

so messed up! lock him up!

>Is reality itself sexist? Should we end all existence to stop the patriarchy?

i can get on board with this this

>a bad thing happened once to someone you have some relation to so it's okay to be a piece of shit
You realize this applies to literally every single human being in history right?

>They're ready for it. The question is, are you?
Yes you absolute retard. EVERYONE on earth has been "ready" for black people to grow the fuck up and stop being retarded, violent, entitled, infantile pieces of shit for decades. That's why people hate you. Please grow up. FUCKING PLEASE DO IT NOW SO WE CAN STOP HAVING TO DEAL WITH HOW SHIT YOU ARE. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE WANTS. PLEASE DO IT.

This. Blacks and their culture are laughable and corny.

The Hotelier is fourth wave.

Have any of you guys interacted with African Americans once in your entire lives? How were they when you were in childhood? How did you interact with them in school? Were they as "violent" and "horrible" as you believe they are now? Were there any African Americans that weren't nearly as terrible as your flawed perception of them?

take note Sup Forums, this right here is good original bait. soyboy is just lazy at this point.

>they already have the advantage of being white, which virtually grants them access to any girl they want.
who the fuck thinks this? lol fucking retard

>pitchfork.com/thepitch/unraveling-the-sexism-of-emos-third-wave/

>title implies emo as a whole
>90% of the article is about Brand New

who the fuck even cares about brand new? easily the most overhyped shit.

ARCHIVE THIS SHIT

The reason they don't like them is because of their interactions with them.

>went to fancy private school
>blacks let in for free for diversity
>without fail, every single one was loud, stupid, would fail every class and get expelled if they weren't given special treatment constantly, etc.
>have annual "diversity conference", i.e., black kids from public school come to campus and we interact with them day
>%100 absolute retards every time, including the black staff who would come and speak on the day
If you've ever been in an environment around mostly intelligent, polite people, the problem with blacks is glaringly obvious. I've met blacks in my adult life who are just fine, but it's a minority. As a group they are absolutely awful compared to people from other races.

>your flawed perception of them
Almost every culture on earth has a negative view of blacks. Are they all mistaken or might there be some reason that everyone agrees blacks are a problem?

i live in the deep south and have met a handful of young black guys that straight up hate other black people for this kind of shit but usually play along when around those kind of people. its weird, like they feel socially inclined/pressured into it.

they are usually skeptical of other black guys when they first meet them and are the first to be judgmental, but 9/10 straight up don't deal with black girls at all.

It's true white men are the best looking species

I went to a school once that was nearly 95% black

They are fucking animals

I listened to TDAG over the weekend and it’s still as good as it always was.

Makes me wonder if all the self loathing on the album is Jesse expressing guilt?

They probably think you use every inch of the skin for clothing and eat the raw heart.

Their last 3 albums are almost entirely about him hating himself, especially Daisy

Then why are most incels white?

STOP
FUCKING
REPOSTING
PITCHFORK
FOR
FUCKS
SAKE

These people are displaying a complete misunderstanding of American history and you're appealing to their anecdotal experience that they can make up and extrapolate on the spot? Why are liberals so fucking bad at arguing, jesus fuck, you get the easiest most retarded opponents in the universe and you just roll over.

Because it's only a phenomenon in majority white countries, which is in turn because of deliberate destruction of the social structures that make relationships possible, targeted at these countries.

How is saying that blacks are immature, stupid, loud, violent, and generally shitty as a group a "misunderstanding of American history"? It has nothing to do with history. It's an assertion about how black people are right now.

The destruction of fat ugly retards getting married because they were born into money is a good thing, though

If I answer will you actually read it?

Yeah they were just about as retarded as every other group I've interacted with. The lower class ones that grew up drinking cough syrup and sunny delight were dumb and aggressive, but that's more of a poor person thing. I've met extremely intelligent and moronic people from just about every race

I couldn't get past the first paragraph.

>wow guys this album is pretty cool, let's award it BNM
>umm no sweetie, they wrote a song 15 years ago that imply rape according to my arbitrary interpretations! this removes any artistic merit because I say so!

Whites as a group are smarter than most other racial groups. And the argument is about whether whites are good looking - just asserting the opposite is not an argument. Also, why is it bad for people with money to get married? That's just completely nonsensical. You seem extremely jealous.

well they gave the album a BNM anyway so they probably let her write this article to shut that whore's mouth up

You are far from the smartest or the prettiest whiteboy, nobody is gonna give a fat ugly retard some extra smart or pretty points just because you're white.

Yes. But before you answer. Make sure you're actually answering the question, i.e., you are actually explaining how the statement "blacks are immature, stupid, violent, etc." is a "misunderstanding of American history". What you're likely about to write is "blacks had it really bad and slavery and jim crowe and blah blah blah blahhhh". Realize, this is not an explanation of how the statement "blacks are immature, stupid, violent, etc." is a "misunderstanding of American history". It's an excuse as to why they are that way. The statement "blacks are immature, stupid, violent, etc.", is a true statement about the present and is in no way a "misunderstanding of history".

>that orange is rotten
>no it's not! that's a total misunderstanding of history! That orange was left out on the counter in the sun!

Do you see how that's a total non-sequitur?

if you read the rest of the article it focuses mostly on the experiences of these three girls.

just listened to me vs maradona vs elvis and its still as great as ever tho

I'm not white. And you're not making arguments so I'm not going to engage with you anymore.

instead of a thoughtful discussion we have a bunch of retards arguing about niggers

hahaha fuck sometimes I have to remind myself where I am

There is no thoughtful discussion to be had. The current media and political climate is insane, so these fags have chosen to argue about niggers. Which is at least fun on some level... maybe idk?

no but really who fucking cares about Cuck Nu?

You were initally asserting here that blacks have been on an equal playing ground for DECADES and that they should have caught up by now. It really sounds like you're asserting that slavery and jim crow were the last (and perhaps the only significant) attempts at America holding black people down, and that's really just ignoring so much history. If you really took the time to go to your favorite unbiased source of African American history, you're going to see atrocity after systematic sabotage after atrocity committed by the United States government against AAs. There is absolutely nothing that supports the idea that black and white communities are on an equal playing field throughout all of America.

hahaha the political climate? The media? the fuck does that have to do with jesse lacey jerking off on aim or some other 2002 type shit for a 15 year old?

Women won’t go after blacks because in the PC world being black gets you more victim points than being a woman or gay.

Is that pic >implying The Devil and God (...) is better than the other three albums?

it could be implying the other three albums are part of the trifector of emo and TDAG is poser shit

Well my forefathers were oppressed under the danish king. Maybe I should start acting like a complete retard as well. Going by your logic I should, right?

Depends, do you feel like everyone hates you? You probably should.

Ok slowbro. P4k calling everything sexist is part of this whole collective mania that is going on right now. I mean do you think these fucks have any kind of a point?

When did I say anything about an "equal playing field"? I said people had been ready for black to grow the fuck up for decades. Completely unrelated statement.

>blah blah blah muh oppressions
Once again, this is not an explanation of how the statement "blacks are immature, stupid, violent, etc." is a "misunderstanding of American history", it's an excuse as to why blacks are that way.

"The orange was left out on the counter" is not an explanation of how the statement "the orange is rotten" is a "misunderstanding of history", it's an explanation of why the orange is rotten. The statement that the orange is in fact rotten right now, is a true statement about the present, and is in no way a "misunderstanding of history".

Well if you think people should just get over the fact that the playing field is equal then that's kinda retarded and goes against every human being's natural inclination to survive and prosper, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and applied logic where there was none.

If you're really not interested in finding out why things are the way they were, and in turn applying ourselves to attack the cause of the problem instead of the symptoms, then I guess my words are wasted on you. Good luck with literally nothing I guess.

Lad you need to look at how blacks are in most African countries. Inb4 colonialism. There comes a point when you run out of excuses..

>black people get a pass for being stupid, immature, violent, etc., because muh opressions
>black people are in fact stupid, immature violent, etc., I'm just willing to make excuses for it / forgive it
>you are right, black people are stupid immature, violent, etc.
There it is. Thanks for admitting it at least I guess.

>Do you see how that's a total non-sequitur?
How is a simple cause and effect dilemma a "non-sequitur?" I wasn't arguing that racism against African Americans is a misunderstanding of history (before you ask, I was not the person you were replying to. In fact, I started this entire argument and asked people who held such bitter sentiments how they interacted with African Americans). However, it was an answer as to why African Americans are as hated as they are now.

Hatred towards African Americans spawned because of African Americans acting in such "terrible" manners. Their (already) tarnished reputation was caused by their role in America as slaves to Whites. Therefore, all of what African Americans live in now is due to their diminished status as nothing more than puppets. And to reiterate, I am NOT, nor was I ever arguing that believing "African Americans are immature/stupid" is a misunderstanding of history, moreso their pitiful life now is an effect of slavery. To make it so you understand...

>that orange is rotten.
>sadly, it is. It most likely got that way due to it being left out of the counter in the Sun.

>brand new
>emo

yeah okay bud

How many African countries have you seen? What do you think the rest of the world looks like? There's a point where you have literally no excuses and have to make up entirely fake ones to compete with the people you're constantly shitting on for oppression points that you claim to dislike.

You're not saying anything at all so you'd probably be just as validated if I didn't respond at all. Just popping by to say you can't really read.

Lad you need to look at how "people of African origin" act in the rest of the world to accurately understand anything. I can't stand how you Americans think your country is the world.

No, I was relating the albums to their roles in the Triforce from Legend of Zelda.

Diary - Emotional Power
Americ anFootball - Emotional Wisdom
Clarity - Emotional Courage
The Devil and God - All three aspects of the Triforce.

You're fucking retarded and you've never been to Africa so please fuck off Euronigg

What you're saying makes no sense as I've explained multiple times. This user would agree. You're explaining why black people are shit, you're not explaining how the idea that black people are shit is "a misunderstanding of history", because it isn't. It's a true statement about the present.

THIS user Is an appeasing libtard faggot that probably hasn't read any more history books than you.

>Bald men in Mozambique could be targets of ritual attacks, police have warned, after the recent killing of five men for their body parts.
>"The belief is that the head of a bald man contains gold," said Afonso Dias, a police commander in Mozambique's central Zambezia province.

bbc.com/news/world-africa-40185359

That sentence barely makes any sense, but i will try to work with it. Botswana is a pretty developed society and they have been a democracy since they gained independence. Besides that one particularly country the rest of Africa is fucked compared tomthe rest of the world. Idk if it is genetic or cultural but for whatever reason most blacks can't seem to be all that civilised or functional. When compared to other "peoples".

You still haven't explained how the statement "black people are immature, stupid, violent, etc." is a "misunderstanding of history", because you can't, because it isn't. It's a true statement about the present. What you want to do is make excuses for why it's the case that black people are stupid, immature, violent, etc.. That's fine. Make excuses. The statement remains true and is not a "misunderstanding of history".

That isn't an argument. Maybe I've never been to America doesn't mean that I can't see how inward looking you fucks are. I mean your response just screams of ignorance tbqh.

They're the quintessential emo band, along with SDRE.

go the fuck to bed you eurofuck loser holy shit

the quintessential emo band is from the midwest.

my vote is for [spoiler]braid[/spoiler] but i'm open to hearing arguments for other bands.

Can we talk about (real) emo instead of black people?

See you are mad because your unable to defend your position. Instead of learning something you continue down the road of ignorance, which isn't going to help you. I mean holy kek only on Sup Forums do i see such childish behaviour. You're a mess user, sort yourself out.

dude you'd love this place called Florida

There were and are barbaric asian and caucasian peoples. A lot of them got absorbed into the many empires and dynasties of the last 4000 years, forever altering their gene pools. Nothing you're saying is specific to Africans.

I mean you're literally just making generalizations about people, many of whom are definitely more mature, intelligent, and peaceful than you. And I guess you're asking me to address this dumbass shit as a universal fact. And then what? You seem insulted by the very notion of anyone trying to improve anything, you just want people to feel sorry for you for having to share the world with blacks or some pathetic shit along those lines? Cry about it some more.

Being from Europe does not make you worldly, haha eat ass niggaboo hahaha

Right but 4000 years ago isn't today. What I'm talking about is a current reality, which is uncomfortable for you because your white ass is afraid of being "racist".

I bet 100% you've never left the US though. So yeah lol.....