twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nonononono, Grimes is like her but bad.

What's her name again?

bjork isn't an artist and icelanders aren't sapiens
grimes isn't music nor is she even a primate

less terrible ≠ good

Bjorn

Why are we even comparing the two?
They still have very little in common musically.

I only like her first album and when i was a kid i thought she was asian

lol. grimes is tremendously talented and she's at very least on par with bjork.

Debut just shows how music has deteriorated.

That album was massive in 1993 and Bjork was a huge star. It had an interesting sound, indeed, Americans are so behind they are still discovering the kind of 'EDM' that influenced it. Risk taking, challenging artists were commonly found in the charts and entering into popular taste.

It was 25 years ago and its hard to imagine something like that happening now and music is running on the fumes of what artists of a prior generation are doing.

Nice Crossley, but take a look in the mirror millennials and what sort of state are you in that you are leaving women in their 50s to fly the flag for avant-garde pop.

what are you talking about? grimes continued where bjork abandoned great songwriting before becoming more and more pretentious - starting with homogenic.

>Bjork ironically revisiting the music of 40 years ago.
youtu.be/TEC4nZ-yga8
>Millennials unironically regurgitating the music of 40 years ago.
[everything in the charts]

2010s = the new 1950s. We're seven years in, nobody has made a decent record yet.

I'm extremely old. New music should offend the crap out me, not make me yawn and seek more adventurous fare in the dusty depths of old cassettes.

not him but what made you think her covers of it's oh so quiet is ironic? she genuinely loved that song

Ayy I don't know, you're going to have to give Grimes time to prove herself. Art Angels was pretty good, Visions.. was alright.

You just don't get it do you man? Maybe 30 years ago music was made to offend, but that ethos is gone, there's no point trying to shock people, society has changed. The new music now is not about transgression, it's about creating positive vibes

lol

Ironic doesn't mean snide or mocking. She just knows its an anachronistic old song. Its pretty obvious she loves it.

Someone was telling me about a band today and apparently they sound a bit like Green Day. Who sound a bit like Stiff Little Fingers. Thats like 50 years of one sound. You could say the same though of various electronic artists or singers (what is Beyonce doing that Whitney Houston couldn't?).

If people in 1993 (when Debut came out) were doing that they'd be a Trad Jazz combo. An unironic Trad Jazz combo trying to get into the charts playing When The Saints Come Marching In. Doesn't it strike you that something has gone wrong?

Jorg

I see what you're saying, and I definitely agree with you. I feel like too much of 2010's culture is a rehashing of the previous centuries. It's really boring and stagnant feeling. No real progression forward, just sort of floating.

Pretty much

jorgan von strangle

I want her to "strangle" me if you know what I mean

youtube.com/watch?v=mnkaKZfjqMQ