Rogue One

Best part of the movie right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IFMMeCMbNt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did it go down with the ship? Was it always suicide run?

It wasn't actually there when the destroyers hit the station. I think it pulled away in time.

somehow i doubt a ship that small would be able to push a star destroyer that size like that

DUDE TITANIC IN SPACE LMAO

The empire looks more buffoonish than ever.

I thought isd's were supposed to be deadly.

>get to this scene in the theater
>manchild sitting behind me starts frantically laughing

????
why are star wars plebs the worst

No weight in space.

No, its there. Cant see it clearly in that webm, but its there and it goes down with both the destroyers into the gate

just how many bothans actually die in the movie?

...These physics don't seem no right some how mang...

That was retarded in many ways, the impact would have thrown every crew member in the rebel ship violently into the nearest wall shattering every bone in their bodies. But hey it's just a fantasy space adventure so don't worry about it.

this better be bait

>no weight in space

Learn2physics, burger

so the ship being pushed was made of solid materials and the other one was made of paper.

ok

>try ramming, that's a good trick

the shootout in that desert town was the best part imo.

>the upbeat music playing as thousands of imperial soldiers die horrible

fucking THIS

in space, the high ground is just a matter of perspective

You idiot.

I got into a big argument about some other user about it, used kinetic energy formulas, hypothetical estimates of weight. Energy in joules etc.

It came down to this, yes it is possible but the fuel would have to be like 100x stronger than ours. But I think the ships were already veering towards each other so that may help.

Size doesn't really matter, either.

*horribly

>Ship is literally 3000 years old
>Never had an accident
>Wreck it against a SD
Man, I hope insurace isn't going to fuck them up badly

>size doesnt matter

you could hit it on its notse to veer off course if it was going forward very quickly, but that tiny ship managed to completely fuck up its trajectory and send it spinning while hitting its side

Did Star Destroyers ever do anything in these movies?
I feel like their only roles in SW are to look cool and get rekt

The real way this could and should've happened was for the smaller ship to disable or destroy one of the engines causing a sudden thrust imbalance which would much more likely effect that maneuver.

But the left thinks charging head on into dangerous situations without planning or caution somehow constitutes bravery and not pigheaded foolishness, so tally ho, lads.

Darth Vaders was wrecking Rebel ships because it was actually firing

IDK why the two guarding the planet never bothered shooting

he's right tho

weight is force x mass

there's no gravity in space, so only mass

the reason this worked was because the destroyer that got pushed was brought offline right?

Yes, we all know, the point was how wrong his reply was to that guy, because mass exists

You're not as smart as you think you are.

they couldnt stop it, but it still shouldnt have sent it off course like that

The Hammerhead is from KOTOR, right?

I know is not the same, but...tugboats and oil tankers.

I think we can all agree the entire battle at the end, in space, in the sky, on land, and Vader going berserk was fucking amazing

>You're not as smart as you think you are.
prove it

it's engines were disabled, did you even see the movie?

YES HOLY SHIT DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE MOVIE

>hurr durr i know jack shit about star wars lore and don't know that the ship ramming the star destroyer is an ancient ship from an era where they had much more advanced technology than the modern period of the movies

Quit being retarded Sup Forums. Fuck's sake.

yeah, the ship you escape from at the start of the game looks exactly like that.

There is no air resistance so it would move the question is how much would it

Size doesn't matter. It's how hard it pushes. Weight helps, but it also requires more fuel to make something larger go faster. It's all about inertia. It's like tugboats we have. A smaller size is actually preferably since it weights less and thus needs less energy to get itself moving before it can move the load.

Why would the ships "fall" on a shield generator?
They know it's space, right?

yeah I was expecting an inception boom, felt weird when that music continued

>hurr durr this scene is so dumb you have to go pour through the rancid Sarlacc pit that is the EU to find out why this isn't as retarded as it seems

you know that gravity exists in space right?

Do me a favor and try pushing a big rig that's coasting downhill off course with your hands.

What's shown in that stupid flick is an even more improbable feat.

>kotor
>rancid

KOTOR is one of the few redeeming things about the EU you fuck.

its like when a sattelite gets rekt in space and falls back down to earth

I honestly think they didn't change the music after the recuts

Like the music doesn't fit at all. it's doing "falling action" music as the action is rising up

Like vaders ship arrives and shit should get real, but it's still acting like Jyn and that mexican are watching the explosion

The music is just awful at the very end

There's no friction in space.

It depends if the ships were in orbit or using antigrav to stay up, probably antigrav otherwise you couldn't keep the shield gate directly above the spire

Because it's being thrust into it and there's also a planet right there?

Actually all the dogfights in Star Wars are inaccurate. Ships turn left and right without thrusters on the side, only on the back, which isn't possible in space.
Stop being so autistic.

that analogy is absolutely insane since there is no friction or air resistance in space you fucking retard

kill yourself

>Can see facility clearly from their altitude right through the window
>Space

This

Star Wars, since 1977 has been enormously sci-fi especially in space. Traveling across the galaxy in hours. People need to learn to let some things go.

KOTOR fans live on through pure nostalgia and the fact that the expectations for story in vidya are abysmally low

how can you say that the force of a human push is analogous to the thrust of the smaller ship

how much thrust is the smaller ship producing

...So when astronauts go on spacewalks, they can move the space shuttle around with their hands?

F=ma, faggots. There's nothing about friction in that.

Star Wars continues to be the retards scifi.

>Traveling across the galaxy in hours
They use hyperspace though, which is a different dimension, they're basically pulling the "paper folded and pencil going through it" trick that lots of movies do to go beyond light speed.

I loved that part where Vader's destroyer FTLd right in front of rebel ships and they started crashing into in. For some reason I was always interested in seeing this scenario

they used the force you dips

when did Star Wars Shields become so weak?
The kinetic energy of a slowly drifting star destroyer is nowhere near the energy delivered by a turbolaser blast, yet this happens.

kotor's story is pretty much just a retread of the most memorable scenes in the original trilogy, and it being so far back in time and being so technologically advanced is stupid.

Aren't Star Destroyers supposed to have hundreds upon hundreds of laser turrets and individually manned stations all over them?

Shouldn't that space turd have been melted into diarrhea a long time ago?
Doesn't make sense for it to be able to come even close to the ship.

the star destroyer fell on the ring that was generating the shield, you idiot

Isn't that head canon? In the movies they call it lightspeed kek.

If they push hard and long enough, yes they could. Energy is energy. Suffice to say, the ship is a lot more powerful than a man.

You could turn if the crafts had gimbaled engines , the ability to change the direction of the thrust but slowing down buy cutting engine power doesn't make sense unless you had backwards facing engines

>implying they wouldn't immediately apply enough force to counter a little ship

They're already applying force to counter gravity, why wouldn't they be able to counter the ship?

The ship was brought 'offline' because the empire never learned from Phantom Menace and keep using centralized power sources

>I loved that part where Vader's destroyer FTLd right in front of rebel ships and they started crashing into in. For some reason I was always interested in seeing this scenario

This guy gets it. Best part of the battle, desu. I wish they had shown more of the mop up, with the remaining X-wings getting swarmed by TIE fighters.

WE'VE GOT TO EVACUATE THE ENDAR SPIRE

Apparently that one was "disabled"

Yes, though supposedly hammerheads are old as fuck and sturdy like no other ship mostly due thick as fuck layers of whatever material they're made mroe than shields. I know sci-fi as fuck, but that's it.

it was disabled form ion torpedoes

1. Humans dont have those kind of thrusters or any kind of powerful propelling device. If they had, they could, of course move the space shuttle, if it stood relatively still.
2. The size difference between a human and a space shuttle is quite a bit larger than the size difference between the hammerhead and the star destroyer
3. Fuck you

No, is not head canon, is actual canon, movies never say lightspeed they say jump into hyperspace.

astronauts aren't rocket engines you inbred

god i loved that. it was a two second scene but it was gorgeous.

>Size doesn't really matter, either.
Tell my girlfriend that

Astronauts have nothing to push against, retard.

The thrusters that alter trajectories of satellites are extremely small and weak, it doesn't take much to do it as long as you keep applying force.

Weight=/=Mass
Weight is dependent on gravity which would be less in space... If they were any significant distance from a planet

>If they push hard and long enough, yes they could. Energy is energy. Suffice to say, the ship is a lot more powerful than a man.

Holy fuck.

F

EQUALS

M

A

YOU STUPID FAGGOT

A GRAIN OF SAND PRESSING AGAINST YOUR HEAD FOR ALL ETERNITY WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH TO BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT, AS MUCH AS IT SHOULD BE.

No.
The disabled star destroyer collided with the other SD, destroying it (somehow). Then they fell into the gate for the planetary shield, destroying it (somehow). The shield generator was on the planet somewhere.

Wow, how much did they pay the space engineers devs for this render?

Is it bad that i want to stroke my penis all over this ship?

The hammerhead was most likely at full thrust so it depends on the hammerheads top speed

Just watching the old CIS white men get blown out by a sacrifice glorious jihad by other CIS white men who understand the wonders of diversity makes me so hard.

debris the size of a grain of sand can punch entirely through metal paneling when travelling at orbital speed.

how do you think tugboats work, really?

wouldn't be that fast, though

>crew doesn't lurch violently when it impacts

C'mon

no it looks good

the ring created the gate that stopped all incoming flights and radio transmissions from escaping

by destroying that ring, they opened the gate so the radio singla could go through

The movies use both lightspeed and hyperspace. Hyperspace is the blue energy tunnel thing you see the ships travelling through, it's clearly a faster-than-light technology. I think the initial part right before they jump to hyperspace is supposed to be the "lightspeed" part of it - when you see the stars smoosh out to lines for a moment.

>>Ship is literally 3000 years old
Wha.......what?

>movies never say lightspeed they say jump into hyperspace.
youtube.com/watch?v=IFMMeCMbNt8

It will never cease to amaze me how many people on this board say things are factually incorrect. You have the entire internet at your disposal and you can't even get this right.

Are you saying a grain of sand going at 100s of thousands of miles per hour wouldn't go right through me? You're wrong. Google it.

the ship has space shocks

It's not. The design is old, but the ship itself would have had to be built within the last century at most, to still be functioning at that point.

Hammerheads are ships that date the old republic back 3000 during the hyperspace wars and mandalorian wars. Watch CGI show called Rebels which is canon.

The movies are too inconsistent. This is pretty much head canon but I'd agree with you that this would make the most sense. Lucas is hack.

I understand that that is the logic of the scene, but that is inconsistent with how shields have worked in Star Wars.

the technology of star wars hasn't changed in millennia

That's not how it works. The small ship isn't just colliding with the star destroyer, which clearly wouldn't have budged it. It's attaching to it and then applying continuous force. It's essentially becoming the star destroyer's engine.

Hammerheads are from the Old Republic era around Kotor time, which was around 4k years prior to Yavin 4 battle.