Did Vince Vaughn almost ruin this for you?

Did Vince Vaughn almost ruin this for you?

Fuck no he stole the show. Ray was a better character but Vaughn was the best actor.

he completely ruined it for me

season 2 a shit

shitty plot and ending ruined it for me. Vinceposting redeemed it

>ITT: plebs

the show ruined itself
comparing to first season that was shit

i disagree. he had the a great character arc only underperformed, or more like did what he could with what he was given. he did, however, have the best death scene, which nearly redeemed the atrocious writing in the first few episodes. Colin Ferrel was by far the highlight acting-wise, yet had the worse death. ugh, Pizzolatto really screwed up with season 2.

He was painfully bad

1st season was so much better. rust cohle is GOAT

Pizza was rushed but I still enjoy S2 and anyone who compares it to S1 is going out of their way to be a contrarian. Vince's death scene was GOAT but Ray's was soul crushing and he definitely had better standout moments.

Jesus Christ the amount of rustfags fedora tipping in here is out of control

Acting talent rank:

Kitsch > McAdams > Farrell > Vaughn

Switch Mcadams and Kitsch then reverse the whole thing.

S2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S1

>goes to see the son he's raised awfully and is probably not the biological father of
>this gets him killed
>mfw paternity tests came back positive and he was re-eetablishing good morals but nothing good ever came of it for the people he cared about

>almost

Vaughn as the best of them in acting? Make your case. This'll be good.

i don't buy the rushed bit. he had adequate time to turn something in that was respectable, or, hell, presentable. he failed. sure, some writers need more time that others, i guess, but let's not put forth he had only five days to write an entire season. he had months. that's more than enough time. Faulkner wrote masterpieces in less time.

i thought the way Ray's death was handled was so dumb, his death failed to resonate with me.

i would also absolutely love for Pizzolatto return to TD and prove me wrong about his diminutive talent, but I guess i'll have to wait for his Perry Mason for that. dude had a few good short stories, half a decent novel, and a great season of tv, so there's that. it's a lot more than some other writers get.

He added a bit of flair and improved a season that otherwise would be wholly lackluster. Caspere knew this.

lol he made it for me

the desert scene was pretty good tbqh

I agree.

>"I didn't even wear a suit until I was 38."

Best line of the season?

>>Did Vince Vaughn almost ruin this for you?

Not alone, but alongside McAdams and whatshisnamegaycop of which none felt even remotely 'real', they ruined it for me.

The absolutely non-interesting crime to be solved wouldn't have mattered (as much) if we had a bunch of interesting characters to follow, but apart from Ray which was the only one that felt like a actual person and not just a plot device, they all fell short.

Overall a true shit of a series, with the only two memorable scenes being Ray having a frenzy at his apartment and Vaughn's death scene in the desert.

Haven't heard anything about a season three, I guess pizza took it hard.

I thought McAdams did a great job and her character was realistic. I don't recall her ever doing anything that was "stronk woman throws big men around" or any special gurl powers.