Why does Sup Forums fear dadrock/cockrock so much? Too much testosterone?

Why does Sup Forums fear dadrock/cockrock so much? Too much testosterone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng
youtube.com/watch?v=zUwEIt9ez7M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Contrarianism.

Teens still mad at their parents

>fear
it's not fear, it's disgust. I react to cockrock same way i would react to someone slinging his fat, long cock next to my face,. I fucking suck it 'til I cannot get it far enough down my throat to be satisfied. I'm only satisfied when I feel those intense, powerful, salty hot pumps of cum in my throat. Then I sit back on my heels, and look at up at the cock that made me so lewd with all of my cum all over my little trap mouth and slobber running down my neck. I wipe my mouth with the back of my arm and I ask you if I did a good job.

I would make sweet love to that man for hours

don't mistake douchebagdom for masculinity
Bach was a masculine musician, rock stars are just self-consumed idiots
>posts David Lee Roth
duh, he was the biggest, whiniest primadonna of hair metal

What are some actually good cockrock bands?

Why do I have this sudden urge to drive a 78 Trans Am?

I'd fuck the shit out of that guy. No homo

"dadrock" is fine but hair metal and that shit is just so boring and cliche

I don’t fear it at all, in fact, it’s probably some of my favorite music, even if it gets a bit cheesy at times.
>WOOOOAAAAH, WE’RE HALFWAY THERE
>(R2D2 SCREAM), LIVIN’ ON A PRAYER

It's not contrarian though. Hating 'dadrock' was a preoccupation of Gen X. We're a generation PAST Gen X now, and it's tired and stale to adopt any of its more punk opinions now. We're past hating on dad rock now.

The only people here who even do that are nerds who just discovered indie and are just predictably going through the motions. Once they make their way through lo-fi > Ariel Pink > post-indie they'll come around to yacht rock and stadium rock and eventually get into metal and they'll realize how arbitrary and boilerplate it is to hate on that stuff.

now I'm hard, fuck you

do you fear the hair?
youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng

>Hating 'dadrock' was a preoccupation of Gen X. We're a generation PAST Gen X now, and it's tired and stale to adopt any of its more punk opinions now

That was the music press who did this, not average teenager.

I'd like to thank Kurt Cobain for saving rock music from buttrock.

There's not anything wrong necessarily with 'cockrock'. There were some bad hair metal bands but 'cockrock' could also describe:

Led Zeppelin
Aerosmith (who were great for a while)
Van Halen
AC/DC
Guns 'n Roses
Def Leppard (great pop band)
Boston
Judas Priest
Thin Lizzy
Kansas
The Who
Steve Miller Band
ZZ Top
Blue Cheer
Heart (girlcocks)
Blue Oyster Cult

Goddamn I love testposting

True. I sometimes shit on Gen X, but by that I mean: the critics, the punks, and snarky 'indie' people.

But Gen X also encompassed metal, all the middle american / German / English kids into hard rock, also hip-hip, rave, techno, etc. etc. All of which I love. But punks shit on most of that.

DESU, The Who is too artsy to be considered Cockrock

Well, yeah, sure I know it's bait but it's good to affirm what's so great about hard rock. It's some of the best shit ever. Hearing classic rock while driving always reminds me.

Isn't Heart the exact opposite of cockrock?

Because we grew up with it.

kurt invented buttrock
>def leppard
>pop
stop

I suppose, but they definitely brought it about. Even Jimmy Page was more of that fancy lad kind of origin. Remember that hard rock and metal was kickstarted by somewhat fey psychedelic boys. I forgot to mention Jimi Hendrix as well. It's just that then middle-country people ran with it and perfected the hard rock and metal formula.

No, they're women that make total cockrock. Vagina music would be like Bjork or Kate Bush (hey, I love vagina music too. You know, it takes two to tango).

There was always a contingent of the hard rock and metal crowds of rocker girls that got off on all the testosterone around them. Sure they were coming at it from a horny straight female perspective but they didn't want to make the music more feminine so much as wanted to ride the masculinity. I used to hang with metal crowds when I was a lot younger and the girls in the group just loved all the masculine energy. Totally a fetish for them.

>Guns 'n Roses
AC/DC
no

Def Leppard are definitely a real rock band but they're also very much pop rock. Not pop in the formal sense of post-Michael Jackson music but as in really hooky melodies and blasty shimmering feelgood production.

he didn't invent buttrock, buttrock artists exploited his style and musicianship

>not liking AC/DC

And GnR are great too. Stop being a snob to spite your face.

No, Led Zeppelin invented buttrock. Then when Kurt BTFO the mainstream rock status quo forever buttrock artists stopped trying to copy Led Zeppelin and went through a brief phase of trying to copy Nirvana instead.

GnR suck and so do AC/DC, im not being a snob if i was i'd dismiss your entire list

Where would bands like Babes in Toyland or L7 fit into this?

but AC/DC have such great riffs. they're second only to Zeppelin. who cares if the music is stupid. stupid is fine.

>Led Zeppelin
>Greatest riffs ever

>women and gay men actually behave this lewdly in real life

I feel like that kind of thing comes from another instinct, which is a certain approach to feminism coming after punk which is 'girls can rock too' or 'lets bring some much needed estrogen into rock'.

And I'm not against rock with some estrogen in it; Cocteau Twins (not that they're really rock) are my favorite band, and I love MBV and Slowdive.

But there's like this approach to feminism to think that it's somehow feminist to just mimic male strength / masculinity. Not that I don't love rocker chicks like Heart, but in a way I feel like their femaleness is much more authentic and present in their music coming from a genuine feminine place vis a vis masculinity rather than thinking they're becoming stronger as women by dyking it up.

Name a better riffs band than Zeppelin. Hell, name a band that could compete with Zeppelin II alone.

Over half of those bands aren't cock rock.

depends how strict your definition is. any of those bands have songs / riffs that you could describe as 'cock music'

How is Boston a cock rock band? Steve Miller? Thin Lizzy? Kansas? Def Leppard? C'mon man.

it's lame and outdated

Iron Maiden

Dude. I love Maiden, but no.

The GOAT showman of dadrock. /mu take themselves too seriously and cant enjoy actual entertainment, but will unironically suck off an equally superficial, basic and shallow but boring genre like post rock

Stop embarassing yourself dude.

Black Sabbath? Megadeth?

Well, cock rock sounds like an insult, so i'd say bands like kiss

Kiss is definitely cock rock.

Lmao, fuckboy
youtube.com/watch?v=zUwEIt9ez7M

Sabbath is indeed the greatest riff band of all time.

Yes it literally actually is too much testosterone. It has been scientifically proven, too. Based on these metrics that measure salivary testosterone concentration by music preference (and also personality but those numbers come from another similar study), glam power ballads would be among the highest testosterone music out there.

I love rock n roll and hate all those bands

you don't love rock then

gonna listen to Here I Go Again on repeat at the gym now

Listening to music isn't going to raise your test levels idiot

>And I'm not against rock with some estrogen in it; Cocteau Twins (not that they're really rock) are my favorite band, and I love MBV and Slowdive.

Shoegaze failed as a genre because it was too feminine in comparison to the macho songs from the britpop back in the 90s. However the old records of shoegaze are sick as hell. I don't know how something like Souvlaki Space Station or Only Shallow could be considered feminine music.

And ironically enough,the riffs from No Longer Making Time are as powerful as most britpop songs(if not more).

what's your number?

Why Blue Cheer

Is there something you're not telling us?