Imagine Dragons
Tokyo Hotel
Of Montreal
The Weekend

bump

>The Weekend
damn it at least shitpost with more effort

hipster

Both artists in you pic related, obviously.

I understand the appeal of this, but it might be one of the most overrated rock records of the last 10 years.

I thought the same thing at first. After listening to it through countless times and delving into all their other work, everything about this album, for me, seems intentional and just perfectly produced/put together. It has a stellar flow too. But to each their own.

The production is really interesting, but the songwriting never seems on-point aside from one or two tracks near the middle. "China Steps" in particular is the best song on the album, but the rest of the album clings to angular guitar riffs and repetition without working out how to build into something bigger and better than the individual ideas. I'd say after listening to both several times Viet Cong blows it out.

Yea that's fair. The vocals are most likely the weakest link on the album. Viet Cong definitely feels like a much more amped up version of what they were trying to do on PS. I probably will always just prefer Public Strain because its more enveloping for my tastes but yea, China Steps is probably the best aside from Eyesore.

lol I just made a post elsewhere expressing my problem with the vocals. I don't remember much about Eyesore I should listen to that again.

Quick question: do the vocals sound like Syd Barrett to you? They sound a lot like Syd Barrett to me. So do some of the chord progressions. It reminds me of early Pink Floyd.

thot Imagine Dragons were from Nevada

And of Montreal are from Athens, GA. You might be responding sincerely to a shitpost.

bump

Unironically one of the best Canadian albums of all time.

>thinly veiled Grimes thread
Kill yourself.

Have you guys heard Pat Flegel’s newest project Cindy Lee? Interesting stuff

you're paranoid, bruh

I dunno, I think the presence of people like is pretty suspicious.

I've heard it's good. Whatever happened to him and his brother? Do they hate each other now?

>Whatever happened to him and his brother? Do they hate each other now?

I get that impression though I don’t know all the details. Idk if you heard about the last show they played when they had a huge fight and subsequently broke up. And then shit just really kind of ended tragically for them with the death of of their guitarist. I like what I’m hearing from Preoccupations, though.

Matt Mays

Sam Roberts

Joel Plaskett

Grimes is clearly the best

Sloan

Of Montreal are not Canadian

Nor are Boards of Canada

Viet Cong is better than Preoccupations, but still not a bad album.

this

also metric.