How did this get 8 seasons?

how did this get 8 seasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1134258/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every episode is almost exactly the same plot.

Normies. They don't mind the repetition because of the acting and remember the first 2 seasons.

Truth is it's a VERY formulaic show. Once you get past the point that "House is fucked up, he is an asshole and patients are diagnosed wrong and then finally right by his stroke of genius, Cuddy flirts with him or some other broad, he gets into a snarky witty fight with Wilson on the side until roll credits" for 2 seasons recycling diagnoses and plots it gets apparent and old fast.

Incredibly good main lead.

This. Hugh Laurie makes it worth watching despite most of the episodes being very formulaic.

It was a pretty refreshing procedural show and House was a great character.

There are people who like formulaic shows just fine as long as you explore different themes within that framework, which House did well most of the time. It's the same reason people like Star Trek.

>tfw every season after the main cast 'leave' is worse

The season where he's choosing the new team is pretty good because it was a nice mixup of the status quo. Once the new status quo set in it became less interesting because the ones they settled on just didn't have an interesting dynamic like the original cast did.

Yeah his monotone American accent was ..great.

It was never lupus

I watched it for Cuddy's fat ass

Great show. You probably just have shit taste tbqh.

user...

imdb.com/title/tt1134258/

This

Edgetards will deny this but House is a God amongst mortals *tips*

Edgelord

Hi plebbit, I see you're still trying to get the hang of satire. Keep at it, kiddo.

Rewatching this series the other day, and I got to season 5 and I finally understood the reason I stopped liking it is because of that shitty Lucas character. Why the fuck did anyone think that was a good idea. Bastards.

I knew a mexican guy before that liked House because he's an asshole.

I've watched the series twice and literally don't know who you're talking about

Exactly

every episode boils down to
>Mystery illness affects person
>House takes interest (even though he acts like he doesn't care) because he is some sort of super-doctor genius
>Team makes initial prognosis
>Patient suffers further complications
>Doctors break into patients home to investigate
>They find some twist that reveals the truth about the illness

It was really good at its peak and held up surprisingly well because it was character driven. House was a well enough written character that they could stretch out his story and you still wanted to know what was to become of him. That they held off any true attempt at redemption for that long gave them the material they needed, even if the cuddy shit wasn't the best and the ending was a bit off.

Weird photographer guy/Cuddy's long term boyfriend short term fiance.

>not making House die of lupus
dropped

Disregard that cuddy angle, it's about house's reactions. Cuddy is boring except for dressing like a professional slut.

I like the characters. I want to fuck Cuddy into the afterlife.

I think people will know who you're talking about if you say "the autist investigator that house hires then ends up banging cuddy"

After it ended I watched all the episodes again. When lucas showed up again, I had completely forgotten he existed at all. Now I only remember him because of how disturbing it was to completely forget about him entirely to the point where, apart from a vague sense of dejavu, each lucas episode was just about completely new to me.

Literally the most forgettable character ever written.

This.

It was the medical drama boom. Grey's Anatomy and House were top dogs. Great ending to the series though they should've closed it with Cuddy still in the cast.

because that's what it took to gift us with Wilson's Heart/House's Head

>le formulaic is bad meme
Plebbit needs to leave.

>It's the same reason people like Star Trek.

There's truth in this. House and star trek shows are the only other shows that I binge watch once every couple years or so. Just suddenly wanna go back and rewatch all of it on a week off or something.

If you like watching the same thing 50 times over and over again I think you're the one who needs to head back to /r/television

She was asking for it.

this

House/Wilson bromance was 10/10 too

Dear lord for an older woman she had a fantastic body.

you left out the essential
>House has an epiphany after someone says or does something seemingly unrelated to the case

That's always my favorite part.

House is like a perfect mix of all of those comfy show/movie tropes that are fun to see.
Like these

There are hundreds of TV-shows to pick from, just ignore those you don't like.

spoiler alert Lupus

Reddit general?

>hurr House is so formulaic durr
>I better go watch some Walking Dead or CSI instead

Ever heard the guy sing? He just has a monotone voice.

It was fun.

It was during the CSI era shows and it's basically the same thing and people loved that shit.

Because House is just like me - intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

House is a good Christian boy who goes to church.

Did House vote for Obama?

He does not vote.

lol, i farted, plz fuck me, Chase

How the fuck did they get away with breaking into people's houses?

dude the end justifies the means lmao

Complete faggot opinion. Lucas was the best part of season 5.

I'm a fan of the show, but season 8 was a fucking abomination. So was 7, to be honest.

Is House a Mary Sue?

Because it's well written (most of the time) and well acted (at least by Laurie) ?

Because while the formula is pretty much the same, the episodes are not 100 % the same, different enough for the repeating stuff to not bother most people much.

But Taub is one of the best characters, and Kumar was good when he was there, even if it wasn't for long.

Imagine getting to do that for multiple takes.

I would retake until the skin in my hand would fell

House was tvkino.

tfw no junkie gf

>Pahe

kys

It's rare to find a show where the writers are so committed to their character to the point of constantly punching the viewer in the gut.
It's almost physically painful to watch how House constantly sabotages himself and at any chance at happiness, especially in the later seasons. You just want to fucking scream at the screen for him to not fuck up everything once more.

The most common trait of a Mary Sue is everyone liking that character for little to no reason.
Most people don't like or care about House and those that do have generally another interest (for example for his team, he offers the most interesting job in the field).

I thought he was a jew

Nah, though everyone else was
>Wilson
>Cuddy
>Taub

I get really triggered when people say that every episode is the same so it's boring. The fucking patients have so little to do with house and idiots can't seem to realize this.

What made house great for me is the character development and watching everybody's relationship unfolding. House and Wilson was just so enjoyable to watch, their dynamic was amazing. Seeing house transform and try to fix himself and fucking ruining everything was devastating. I felt very involved and invested in the show. One of the season finales, 2 or 3 I think, where house is in cuddys office and comes to the realization that he hallucinated detoxing with cuddy by his side was so unexpected. His face when cuddy takes him to Wilson's office was intense.

I gotta start rewatching soon

It all started going downhill after that when House had to rap in a mental hospital at the end of the next episode

That was a great episode and that sequence was hilarious.

how can you not like that, man

the asylum episode was top tier