Psych rock sucks on psychedelics

>psych rock sucks on psychedelics

I've noticed this as well

Krautrock

>listening to funk rock on psychedelics

Why is this?

Not sure what psych rock you're listening to but this is not true at all in my experience

Completely false. You just don't like psych as much as you think.

It depends on what you're listening to. Amon Duul II's first three albums for example are very dense with a lot of sounds so it's a ton of fun to listen to all the sounds whirl around in your head while taking psychedelics. A lot of psychedelic rock often tends to not be that dense though and is far more straightforward thus isn't as fun on psychedelics. That being said there are a lot of lesser known, rawer psych rock records that sound meh when sober but sound great when on psychedelics

>doing drugs

I can only listen ambient or drone when i'm tripping.

i agree OP. anything neo-psych is generally better. psych rock can just be too intense sometimes

>not doing drugs
?

Just listen to death grips

proud degenerate, i see

This.

Both those genres can be very detail oriented and easy to get lost into so they are good for psychs, too.

>All art made for LSD has eyes in it, relates to satanism/the occult, and is incredibly creepy to look at when you're tripping

>No one on r/LSD can give a reasonable description of a trip that isn't carbon copied from trip reports and has never actually done the drug and recommend cool looking tripsites and images that aren't blatantly ominous unless you've tripped before or are tripping

>Album cover has enormous mouth lined with jagged teeth only visible on acid

>Song has a woman screaming in the background you can only distinguish during a trip

>Drug objectively has greatest high of any natural of synthetic drug, but for whatever reason you can't take it without suddenly losing control of the trajectory of your high and feeling like someone is intentionally trying to scare you

I tried getting into the Doors while tripping but I couldn’t make it past the 2nd song on their s/t. I just don’t like Jim Morrison

>judging people for doing psychedelics on an ancient chinese cave drawing forum

>No one in this thread has even seen a psychedelic before

lsd is some bitch shit
smoke dmt

Smoke my dick

Ambient music is really cool while tripping, I'll give you that

Ditto.

Instead listening to

The only thing that impressed me on psychedelics was when I listened to this one dissonant song on acid, and it practically assaulted my psyche and caused an multicolored electric spider thing to come out of my computer.

>easiest time in history to get psychedelics online
>Sup Forums filled with internet connoisseur's
get the fuck out of here Norman

the fact people on Sup Forums are losers doesn't mean they don't do drugs

Not always. Set and setting. Also MGMT has never been bad on psychedelics for me.

>tfw listened to Beechwood Park on repeat on 3 tabs
>check the scrobbles the next day
>40 plays
>times three minutes
>I listened to the same song for two hours straight and had a great ass time

I guess it just takes the right mindset.

listen to beach bands.

>beach boys
>beach house
>beach fossils
>dirty beaches
>beach moon/peach moon

can't go wrong

>psychedelic music sucks on psychedelics
>classical music sounds amazing

Who would've thought high information music sounds better than loud phasing guitars.

Free jazz is amazing on psychedelics

>hip hop on psychedelics

i don't know why but it sounds amazing to me? anyone else like this?

>tfw no psychedelics

Every time I take shrooms I listen to at least part of Donuts and a bit of old-school gangsta rap once in a while.

>Funk rules on psychedelics

epic meme. drugfags really do get butthurt easily

However stupid the image may be, nothing is stupider than thinking you're some kind of drug-free purist individual. But looks like it hit a nerve with you.

who are you trying to impress?

Back to your containment board faggot

>always create huge track of 70s acid rock every time before i trip
>listen to it for 30 seconds then turn it off and listen to nothing

How has this meme continued to exist throughout the decades?

I don't know. Psychedelic music is almost the worst and least-stimulating thing you can listen to on acid. It almost hurts my brain.

How does it feel to sleep when on acid?

you don't. sleeping on shrooms is doable but acid keeps you wide awake the full 12 hours

Are you kidding? I've crashed on acid twice. Fell asleep like, two hours after taking it, slept the whole day.

DUDE

why do these always have to show up

DUDE

Because you deserve it.

>psychadelic folk on psychadelics

man now i want some shitty mcdonalds burgers why would you do this to me

I don't smoke, eat junk food/fast food or do any prescription drugs. Black coffee only and in moderation has lots of health benefits.

What now

trips confirm teenagers who are doing drugs for the first time are gay and should refrain from posting

I like psychedelic music when I'm tripping. I also like it when I'm not tripping though.

This isn't microsoft word, bitch. Why do you format like this?

love is a drug and you're full of it user

>I don't smoke, eat junk food/fast food or do any prescription drugs

Boring cunt. But at least you drink coffee like it's meant to be drank (black).

>drank
Why is the english language so fucking funny

I throw up when I listen to Shpongle on LSD, not too sure why.

how? I'm wired for atleast 12 hours on LSD

Where does one get acid/mushrooms (not from the dark web tho, too complicated).

having a good rapport with other people who do drugs

;)

i may be filled with it, but no one will be filled with it for me as much as i could be for them

it's not complicated at all, you just have to not be a complete retard

Ask your pothead friend to hook your up

Go to any electronic club/rave and ask around, these junkies can't enjoy music without drugs.

>Psychedelic music bad on psychedelics
What did you plebs listen to then

Personally, I can't enjoy music while on psych because I can tell it's all a fabrication on a music studio or a live venue or whatever. I can tell it's not natural.
If you really are into tripping balls hard, you just go as far as you can from civilization, lay on the grass, and listen to Earth.

Psychedelic music is too forced and fake. You just hear the bullshit in the loud phasing guitars and reverb. I'd much rather listen to bells ringing or a string quartet playing chamber music or my own breathing.

>tripping balls hard
What does this mean?

Weed is not a psychedelic, you dicklick

Sounds like you're either listening to the wrong psych music or doing the wrong drugs. I'm guessing both.

It can be a very mild psychedelic.

Any music that is not your favorite music sucks on any drugs.

Sort of like sobriety :^)

Or maybe psychedelic music is fake and just sucks, ever thought of that, you fucking dickweed?

You sound like a friend of mine who does nothing but have incredible self-pity that is an instant turn off for every girl he's ever met.

Live a little, dude.

If you're listening to something you normally don't listen to just because some hippy on Sup Forums said it's the best album ever on drugs, you're not going to enjoy it as much as the stuff you normally like.

>I've never taken a high dose of edibles before

>Every time I take shrooms I listen to at least part of Donuts and a bit of old-school gangsta rap once in a while.
I can't imagine doing this.
Listening to some angry men talking about holding guns and robbin other people doesn't seem like the ideal shroom trip.

It's hysterically funny.

this or freak folk is the correct choice

Nah, you probably just have shit taste. Let me guess, you just smoked weed for the first time and listened to Dark Side of the Moon.

>sweeping general statement
yeah that totally must be right

I don't listen to pop music garbage. I listen to art and traditional music. So you're objectively wrong.

What's wrong with being boring?

It doesn't seem possible, I dropped at 10pm and stayed up all night. I was even trying to fall asleep because I was getting paranoid and wanted the trip to end. I wasn't even tired the next day, it didn't even really effect my usual sleep schedule.

tried to listen to shpongle once while tripping with a friend

we both thought it was the dumbest shit and turned it off immediately

hip hop on psychs is kind of meh in general, but listening to flatbush is fucking amazing (mostly bc of meechy's voice)

music with dmt just prevents you from breaking through

they're not vry compatible

on second thought, i'll probably stay with shrooms

Just to offer a counterpoint to the other replies, I quite like Shpongle both sober and tripping

I agree, the best kind of music for psychedelics is really layered music with tons of detail. I personally enjoy electronic music with tons of layers or rock with an ample amount of sound design.

good lord you sound insufferable

Greatful Dead, Hendrix, Bob Marley and Radiohead all accompanied on my last trip and were very beautiful.
You give me suggestions now for my next trip

If you are feeling something, you don't want to simultaneously experience some hobo's reinterpretation of it. I'm saying this as a psyche rock fan.

this

Animal Collective
Beach House
Death Grips

best bands to trip to in alphabetical order

>psych rock sucks
ftfy