This guy is terrible

This guy is terrible

>pic unrelated

was. he's dead now.

By modern standards he's average. He was revolutionary and people jacked his style so much he's become passe. Not his fault.

I will admit though that his material before he died was lazy and hack shit. The old man ranting gimmick is fun but it was clearly a crutch. His best shit is from the 70s.

>It's another I'm going to copy and paste a George Carlin quote, tip my fedora and school a bunch of bible thumpers episode.

Why, because he came to the realization that most intelligent people do; that the Human race is pretty much fucked, and you shouldn't get worked up about and should probably laugh a little.

Fuck off OP.

Nice hothead opinion, OP. Carlin was based and no amount of edgy Sup Forums doublespeak or millennial anti-nostalgia will change that.

say what? he was a meme in his time. he capitalized on pandering to cliches.

dude atheism lol

>The greatest arrogance of all, "save the planet." What? Are these fucking people kidding me? We can't even take care of each other. We don't even know how to help one another, but we're gonna save the fucking planet? Let me tell you something, folks. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are fucked. The planet will be here long after we're gone.

this guy was essentially r/atheism personified he's not funny, he regurgitated points we're already understood on

He wasn't though. He believed in something; just not Bullshit.

He was good as Rufus, don't really care for his comedy or philosophy.

In fact, it's his fault comedians think they can pass off their limited philosophical knowledge as though they have a doctorate in the field.

Yes, the world is shit, I don't want to hear about it from someone who is mean to make me laugh

Just another jaded cynical fuck. He was right about some things, but his overall shtick was basically DUDE HUMANS ARE EVIL AND LIFE SUCKS LMAO. The man was a psuedo intellectual that managed to trick his audience into thinking he was "deep" and "enlightened"

He's legendary because of the longevity of his act. Comedians will usually get one special and then its over because they have used up a lifetime of content in an hour and a half but Carlin lasted for decades.

Admittedly its dated as fuck now (especially his fedora tipping later stuff) but that is just judging the past by the standards of the present.

Oh fuck off, don't try and bottle neck Carlin into atheism, the guy was much more than that.

dude life sucks and then you die lmao

thank you, this is honestly how I feel when I listened to his stuff

>Carlin
>reddit

No. His shit on euphemisms alone distances himself from that site. Sorry you don't like his material on religion, but you can't please everybody.

I don't believe in god but I don't like him, he was arrogant and smug, he thought he was so smart and teaching everyone a lesson. He only earned me an eyeroll, comedians should make you laugh. period.

I'd like to see a philosopher comedian. When Louis C.K branches into existential humour its pretty entertaining but the range of potential material and how much it can relate to people would be something special.

>A show on Solipsism where the audience laugh for half an hour but then the laughter dies down into awkward chuckles as they become paranoid of everyone around them.
>A Kierkegaard show that leaves you wanting to throw yourself off a cliff.

>Oh fuck off
Reddit.

wait he was a comedian? i thought he was just an atheist preacher..he never said a single funny thing

i agree

>In fact, it's his fault comedians think they can pass off their limited philosophical knowledge as though they have a doctorate in the field.
I think that was Lenny Bruce's doing more than anything.

xD

this desu

also I remember keith olbermann practically sucking his dick when he came on his show

talk about bad taste

Even if he was that was before the internet culture created those kinds of people. He was just a pessimistic old fart at the end but was good in small doses. If you listened to him for longer he starts to sound like a whiner.