What are Sup Forums's essential city Pop albums? I've never seen it discussed here

What are Sup Forums's essential city Pop albums? I've never seen it discussed here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FfdxYzObL-0?list=PLz1pWx21XaQTJssp4oX3l0NNOSxqAgk1d
youtube.com/watch?v=QicgfPt_k6M
youtube.com/watch?v=FfdxYzObL-0
youtube.com/watch?v=k-KAY_Glmn4
youtube.com/watch?v=VdqlOA0sZc0
youtube.com/watch?v=1iQBGaZ_kJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=2FND_q9eWmc
youtube.com/watch?v=SlmQbZzqrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=4ESWmrPmJA8
youtube.com/watch?v=h-q_aExG30Q
youtube.com/watch?v=iQH8fS2N150
youtube.com/watch?v=1gLhcjoQ0_c
mega.nz/#!2kMi3ZIS!4ST73X4SiGShYz0usIaSVYyc2PHHA0iDz79m2ivZOz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was posted here last month I think, unfortunately I don't have the chart, so all I can do to help is bump the thread.

it gets discussed every day

Was a consensus reached on what qualifies as "citypop"? This is considered citypop right?

youtu.be/FfdxYzObL-0?list=PLz1pWx21XaQTJssp4oX3l0NNOSxqAgk1d

basically 80s japanese pop with funk/r&b/smooth jazz/yacht rock influences that conveys an urban japan circa 1980 aesthetic during their economic miracle period. a lot of the tropical albums like that one get thrown under there too because many of them have an underlying sense of being "vacation" and pacific holiday albums so they can represent the average japanese worker's longing to get away from the salaryman lifestyle

What citypop albums can you recommend? A lot of what I keep getting recommended slips into late 70;s soul & jazz, so I don't think what I've been shown is really part of the same genre.

a long vacation
hiroshi sato - this boy
tatsuro yamashita - for you
piper - summer breeze
momoko kikuchi - adventure

some good sample tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=QicgfPt_k6M
youtube.com/watch?v=FfdxYzObL-0
youtube.com/watch?v=k-KAY_Glmn4
youtube.com/watch?v=VdqlOA0sZc0
youtube.com/watch?v=1iQBGaZ_kJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=2FND_q9eWmc
youtube.com/watch?v=SlmQbZzqrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=4ESWmrPmJA8
youtube.com/watch?v=h-q_aExG30Q
youtube.com/watch?v=iQH8fS2N150
youtube.com/watch?v=1gLhcjoQ0_c

did you start coming here literally today?

it's been discussed here a ton. go check the archive.

I love city pop, sounds like crusing trough Tokyo in a r32 skyline. Have the music at a medium volume, listening to that guttural growl of the exhaust and the turbo hissing.

It's been discussed here every single day, dude.
But here, have a MEGA of a shitload of City pop to get started
mega.nz/#!2kMi3ZIS!4ST73X4SiGShYz0usIaSVYyc2PHHA0iDz79m2ivZOz4

Holy shit, thank you.

I don't see Miki Matsubara

japan is a normie memecountry. anyone that wants to remain a patrician should have picked another memecountry ages ago

I love Sunshower... not a single bad track on that album.. what's your favorite track OP?

4. 都会

with this stuff, half of the fun is just finding random tracks with cool covers and giving them a shot. i feel like just listening to what ppl post on Sup Forums threads is a lot less fun.

obviously a lot of this stuff is on youtube, but a few years ago i was really into this shit and i'd go through weird old blogspots and found a lot of great music

i did the same, but i mean there's plenty of undiscovered albums from other genres like that

really smooth song

good charts

gonna also throw this out there, hiroshi satoh-orient