Can someone help me understand the power levels in this film?

Can someone help me understand the power levels in this film?

So Windu is able to quite easily best Sheev, yet Yoda, a much more powerful Jedi, can't?

Sheev says "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us", meaning him and Yoda. Yet Obi Wan, also a less powerful Jedi than Yoda, is able to beat him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Windu's thing is that he's like the best Jedi duelist, you'll notice Sheev overpowers him with the force without much resistance. Anakin hadn't become more powerful than Yoda/Sheev at the time Obi beat him, that would be when he becomes Vader

what if luke was vader

I'm only going off the information given in the film. When is it mentioned that Windu is the best duelist?

Maybe the powerlevels aren't literal. Besides the fight started as 4 on 1.

Also Obi Wan had the higher ground

>Apparently it now has to do with how much space bacteria is in their bloodstream.

Did George know in advance that he was going to sell the franchise? Is that why he intentionally shat the bed with the prequels?

>So Windu is able to quite easily best Sheev
Windu trained in the lightsaber form of Vapaad which redirects dark side powers. He just happened to be the best counter to Sheev.
>Yoda, a much more powerful Jedi
See above. Also Yoda is weaker than Sheev.
>Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us
Anakin had the highest potential cap. If he continued training without being maimed he would have surpassed Sheev and Yoda eventually.
>Obi beat him
Anakin was overconfident and made a mistake. Obi's lightsaber style is defense until an opening happens. which did.

>So Windu is able to quite easily best Sheev
Remember when Palpatine yelled UNLIMITED POWER! and killed the fuck out of Windu, clearly not being out of juice and getting up on his own? He played weak to gain Anakin's sympathies.

That makes even less sense. He was able to beat three Jedi instantly, yet when it becomes one on one, he starts losing?

Ok it works like this

Obi-Wan>Maul>Qui Gon>Obi-Wan

Doku=Yoda>Obi-wan+Anakin

Windu>Emperor>Yoda

Obi-Wan>Double Power Anakin>Doku>Obi-Wan>Grievous>all other jedi

So why did Anakin believe Sheev over Windu when he was the one that told Windu Sheev was a sith lord in the fist place?

Afro-Galacticans have a much lower midichlorian count on average... I have some interesting bell curves from the Imperial Bureau of Galactic Statistics for you to look at...

I always interpreted the scene that he lost on purpose so Anakin would save him.
Notice how he easily regains his power after "almost dying" after being saved like nothing had even happened

Fuck you and your EU fanfiction shit.

If he was faking, why did his face get fucked up?

Panic reaction. Windu said he was gonna kill him, Sheev said he's the only one who can shave Padme

All the information he said are still canon.

Why would it if he didn't fake it? For Drama purpose obviously.

EU.

The prequels are notorious for giving you jackshit of information. The movies suffer greatly from that.

It's either that or nonsensical shit.

Then why did he spill the beans on Sheev in the first place? Did he not think Windu would confront and arrest/kill him?

And if he was worried about Sheev getting killed instead of a fair trial, why didn't he go with Windu in the first place to make sure the arrest went by the book?

>Sheev said he's the only one who can shave Padme

>who can shave Padme

>hurr someone explain
>fuck you for explaining

god this place is full of retards

So he has the sith ability to make his face old? Where did he learn that trick?

It's a good trick

He ran out of jedi-mana.

That wasn't me, spastic.

wrong, Sheev say that if they both work together they may replicate what Darth Plagueis did to keep his family immortal. He never lied to him, Sheev was a good friend.

>It's either that or nonsensical shit.

Better admitting that it's nonsensical shit than making shit up after the facts.

"Oh no, it's not shit writing and directing! There was actually stuff going on that you didn't see in the movie and if you know about it, it all makes sense!"

Bullshit fanfic made up by desperate fanboys.

How anyonemoutside of Dismey actually want to defends these ridiculous flicks is beyond me.

I just pretend they are EU.

>And if he was worried about Sheev getting killed instead of a fair trial, why didn't he go with Windu in the first place to make sure the arrest went by the book?

Uh he did that? Windu told him to stay home but he went anyway

it's still fucking retarded

No, he walked in when the fight was almost over.

The dark side coming from Sidious was clouding and intimidating their minds.

Yes.

He never pretended it wasn't shitty writing. But the guy wanted an explanation, and there is one. That's it.
It's not fanfiction because it's canon, part of the official fiction.

No one is defending these movies.

Yeah but he still came. Only reason he didn't come to the start of the fight is because Windu didn't allow him to

Why didn't it intimidate Windu?

The fact that Windu was gonna kill Sheev without a trial gave legitimacy to Sheev's claims that the jedi were gonna overthrow the government. That + the emotional shock that he might be able to 'save' Padme

Windu is actually a Sith

Dude can bring people back to life
Changing his face can't be that hard

So one sentence from Sheev, and Anakin suddenly believes that the people he's spent his entire life with are murderous traitors?

He was desperate

Windu was the Jedi who was the most in contact of the Dark Side from his fighting style.

It takes a lot to use mind tricks on someone

There was an episode of the Clone Wars where Windu, Kenobi, Skywalker and another Jedi tried to use a mind trick on someone who wasn't "weak minded"

>Windu and Sheev
Windu's style allows him to repellant and reflect the dark side, like a perfect counter against Sheev. Also, Sheev might have been feigning defeat once he senses Anakin was coming to his office.
>Yoda and Sheev
Yoda didn't have the means to counter Sheev like Windu had, and Sheev had the high ground for most of the battle. Also, Yoda is like 900 years old while Sheev is only like 90.
>Yoda and Windu
Windu's style, that helped him counter darksiders, meant shit against Yoda.
>Anakin
Canonically the most powerful Force user in terms of potential (the second one being Luke according to Mr. Pottery and fuck whatever Disney might say about this) so yes, with time and practice he would have by far surpassed everyone. Hell, he was only like 25 and he was already one of the 6 strongest force users in the galaxy (Sheev, Yoda, Windu, Anakin, Dooku and Obi Wan).

The thing is, he was an impulsive, reckless hothead, and he got even worse when he became a Sith, and then he happened to battle against an opponent that:
>knew his sword style and his weaknesses, because he had been his Master for like 15 years
>had complete mastery over a defensive style that perfectly countered Vader's own

tl;dr Sometimes your fight style matters more than your power level

Sounds more like he was a gullible fuckwit. I'm surprised Sheev didn't sell him pink sheets over the phone.

But if Vader is the strongest hes ever been how come in the original trilogies he fights like an old man with a cane and just chokes non force users?

He was tired from the bullshit of Rogue One.

Also video representation /= canon of what actually happened.

Sheev had been grooming him since day 1, seeding doubt and shit; I get the prequels are shit but did you just sleep through them?

Let's be honest here - thee OG trilogy sucks ass and everyone fought like old men in those movies.
It's just that people had really shitty standards and this was acceptable back then.

>Windu trained in the lightsaber form of Vapaad which redirects dark side powers. He just happened to be the best counter to Sheev.
so Windu can just fuck up dark users, thats awesome.

Forgive me for not noticing the subtleties of the Star Wars Prequels.

Yeah, that might have been cool. Except he only fights one sith in the entire trilogy.

>tfw no Windu vs Maul to see how it would have gone

I'm guessing cheap CGi and highly choreographed, soulless fighting.

FORCE USERS

1. Sheev
2. Yoda
3. Vader
4. Obiwan
5. Windu
6. Qui gon
7. Dooku
8. Anakin
9. Luke
10. Maul
-----------------
9001. Grievous

DUELING ABILITY

1. Windu
2. Anakin
3. Obiwan
4. Maul
5. Yoda
6. Grivous
7. Vader
8. Dooku
9. Luke
10. Qui-Gon
------------------
9001. Kit fisto

Did sheev have a monster face all along or did he get one because of the lighting?

He had the potential to become the most powerful Force user in the universe
Unfortunately, when you have two robotic legs, two robotic arms, severe burns across your whole body, and then put in a suit of heavy, agile armour, you become severely limited

Apparently in the EU, as he's being treated for his injuries and put in the suit, he and a medical droid theorise that the Emperor planned for Vader to become severely injured so Vader wouldn't overthrow the Emperor

>Apparently in the EU, as he's being treated for his injuries and put in the suit, he and a medical droid theorise that the Emperor planned for Vader to become severely injured so Vader wouldn't overthrow the Emperor

where in the EU was this?

lel

>Anakin abovr Obi Wan both times
>never won against Obi Wan and even years later when Obi Wan was an old hermit doing nothing with the force he was BTFO

>that hair
>that face
>that expression
Everything about this bitch makes me want to punch her.

Who is the Stefan molyneux of star wars?

So you're retarded and you think everyone else is at fault? Sure...

Grievous wasn't even force sensitive
He shouldn't even be on that list

I think what you need is help understanding English. Sheev said will be, not that he is. He has the potential to be more powerful than either of them in the future. Therefore Obi-Wan is able to beat him. Also the high ground.

>Vapaad
hmmmmmmm

Sheev is 500 times faster than a Jedi apparently

Gook cancer

What would his iconic spin be clocked at?

Its implied anakin is a better duelist than obiwan by how him and yoda react to sending him off to face him. The whole point of the highground scene is to show that obiwan got lucky with anakins hubris and tactical use of surroundings to win the duel

I did a quick test, and at full spin he was spinning at about 7,200 RPM
youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

>Mace Windu: Best duellist

Surely this was retconned away after ROTS came out and the choreography of that fight was SO bad.

It's doesn't help the world building when main characters are the GOAT (I don't even really like the Obi Wan was on the Jedi council (he was so chill in the original trilogy and so tryhard in the prequels) but it's clear that Obi Wan is the best duelist of the Jedi. He was the first to defeat a Sith in a millenia.

I could accept if i was canon that Dooku was the best duelist before he turned but not Windu. Sam L was just too fucking clumsy. It was the worst fight in the series.

There's a lot of really good deleted scenes in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith that add a lot to the plot, and honestly fix this issue

>Attack of the Clones has a whole segment about Anakin and Padme visiting her family, adding a lot to their relationship
>Also a scene with Sheev obviously super grooming Anakin, and a longer segment of him trying to search for his mother

>Revenge of the Sith has an entire subplot where Anakin goes to Sheev to ask for advice, and Sheev is basically like, "Padme is doing political business behind both of our backs"
>She's talking to proto Rebellion leaders like Mon Mothma
>Anakin loses his shit because she lied to him, Sheev is like, "Mmm what else is she keeping from you"

>After the scene with Windu where Sheev purposefully jobs, there's a scene cut where Sheev stands up, is essentially like, "Okay, good job, but we need to boogie, we only got a little bit of time or all this shit will be for naught, and they'll kill us both, gotta go"

Where does it say Yoda is the most powerful Jedi?

>Windu is able to quite easily best Sheev, yet Yoda, a much more powerful Jedi, can't?
Being "more powerful" doesn't automatically mean you're the best at everything. Yoda is past his prime and more focused on meditation and shit. Windu is all about roughing up motherfuckers.

>Sheev says "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us", meaning him and Yoda. Yet Obi Wan, also a less powerful Jedi than Yoda, is able to beat him?
Which part of WILL BECOME do you not understand?

There are so many things to fault in these movies and you choose two things that make perfect fucking sense.

He fights really well in ESB. It's the best choreography of the whole series simply because of how obvious it is he's not even trying to dominate Luke.

There's also one of the best scenes cut from ROTS where Obi-Wan is sitting in a half empty council chamber where they're sperging out about Anakin or something, and he essentially is just relaxing saying, "This shit don't matter, half our council members are gone."

Not really A New Hope came out the same year as The Duellists.

Just directed it so that Lightsabers were heavy and unwieldy.

I thought it was more along that they wanted to make it Shakespearean fight scenes where instead of it being cool little feats, it was supposed to tell a story.

>sleep through them
probably, I certainly did

>Duelist
Anakin(True Potential)
Windu
Dooku, Anakin(Arrogance), Obi-Wan.(By the time of the Battle of Coruscant)
Yoda and Sheev.

>Force Technique
Anakin(True potential)
Sheev, Yoda
Windu
Dooku
Anakin(Arrogant) and Obi-Wan being at the same level.

You have to understand. During the fight with Sheev and Yoda, it was mostly a force fight. They barely fought using lightsabers. Sheev bested Yoda because he is old and can't sustain a long fight, shown in his fight with Dooku. During the Dooku fight in Ep3, Dooku was taking the fall(He didn't expect to die but it was clear he was)

During the Windu, Sheev fight. Sheev could have killed Windu if he wanted to I'm sure but he was stalling because he wanted to show the Jedi being shady to Anakin to make him make the last jump to the Dark Side.

On the Yoda and Sheev fight. They were evently matched but Yoda can't sustain a fight for long.

On the Obi-Wan and Anakin fight. They were about the same level in force and dueling as shown throughout the multiple stalemates shown in the fight. But because of Anakin's arrogance Obi-Wan got the best of him.

I want to rape and creampie her as she cries

>REAL CANON EXPLANATION

Because the sheev spin is a good trick that beats the high ground but the high ground beats annie when from a certain point of view, in annie's opinion the jedi are evil like sand or younglings

>REDDIT LE MEMES XDDDD '''EXPLANATION'''

Windu trained in the lightsaber form of Vapaad which redirects dark side powers. He just happened to be the best counter to Sheev. See above. Also Yoda is weaker than Sheev. Anakin had the highest potential cap. If he continued training without being maimed he would have surpassed Sheev and Yoda eventually. Anakin was overconfident and made a mistake. Obi's lightsaber style is defense until an opening happens. which did.

- KNOW THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE, KIDS

>will be more powerful
>will be

There's your explaination
Also muh high ground