Please explaine Eyes Wide Shut to me

Please explaine Eyes Wide Shut to me.

Personally I think its yet another masterpeice by Kubrick.
And I also think I have deciphered what 'at the end of the rainbow' means.

In the movie, we see colourful lights and decorations, just like in a rainbow. But these lights are absent in some instances:

1.) At the first party, in the toilet where hooker OD'd

2.) The whole Ritual scene.

This is the 'end of the rainbow', the world of rich and powerful people. This is actually pretty true (read about Bohemian Grove). But the theory that he got killed for revealing this is far fetched IMO.

I have deciphered this much but I cant relate it to other stuff in the film like his wife and other stuff.

What do you guys think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4cAbrqjWLvs
youtube.com/watch?v=inJp4rPyLrU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it's about cognitive dissonance in the middle class regarding secret societies and the occult. In the end, real life man and wife at the time, Scientologist and manlet Cruise with Catholic Kidman, choose to forget everything and carry on like nothing happened and why Kubrick wanted them in those roles.

Hard to say if Kubrick was whacked by the Masons, the church or if he just died a natural death after the release but it was spun as an erotic love flick. He didn't work much before EWS, kept the script secret until it was released and the movie is stuffed full of esoteric mumbo jumbo. I think his best flick was Barry Lyndon which is really just a great story of how shit sometimes just happens.

> research mk ultra
> bohemian grove
> mind control

10/10 Christmas movie

It's about all the pedos who run modern society and the common man's willful blindness to it

It's not worth discussing since we'll never see Kubrick's cut.

You think it's a masterpiece but you need us to explain it to you?

what is there to explain?

top of the world rich people like to fuck kids, as would most people in this board if they had that kind of power

welcome to Sup Forums

Barry Lyndon was an adaptation. EWS was original but still edited by the Pedowood kikes after they killed him

it's about women and kids who undergo mk ultra programing and are used as sex slaves.

Farfetched? No go read Kathy O'Biren

Still don't belive? Then look at Britney Spears video below. Notice as she het triggered with a word her "alter" personality comes out. Same with those women at party. They go in a trance and sex programing kicks in. Like Bill's wife Alice used to be but they can't remember all details. Hence weed bring back memeories of her and programing with the "sailor".

Britney dissoaciating:

youtube.com/watch?v=4cAbrqjWLvs

It's a study of cuckold psyche, every patrician knows this. The occult ilumenardi thing is just for flavour.

didn't know Sup Forums had /autism generals/

the entire film is an initiation ritual

It made me think really. And after I uncovered its layers I understood its genius. This movie is so layered and deep. I still cant connect some dots though.

whatever call me what you like. I've done countless research on this. Not my job to awaken you.

The paradox of carnal sexual satisfaction and monogamous romantic intimacy -- how the two contradict each other and are yet symbiotically intertwined (hence the closing line). Tom tries to find someone to bang other than his wife, Nicole. But his friend (at the funeral, her father died) is taken, the street hooker has AIDS, the shop-owner’s prostitute daughter is underaged and the secret society are psychopathic murderers (and, yes, the society party directly parallels the first part Tom and Nicole attend -- they’re the same thing, ergo: faceless, non-intimate fuck sessions). The closing line, or word, says it all really: ’[We need to] fuck.’’

Eyes Wide Shut argues the world is a deeply fucked up place when it comes to fucking. Find one partner and, while certainly not perfect, sex will be a far less turbulent, dangerous aspect of your life.

That’s basically what the film is about at least on one level. I don’t know about all the illuminati or whatever theories.

It's an almost perfect adaptation of the book except for the time period.

I find it odd that people praise Kubrick for it so much when he didn't make it his own, he just put the book on screen. It's a good movie. Really good. Great performances and cinematography, but the plot isn't something Kubrick should be praised for.

EWS was an adaptation too

The 1969 version is pretty decent for a tv movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=inJp4rPyLrU

I agree that the story is not original but he added many elements which added depth in the movie, like the christmas and rainbow stuff which OP mentioned.

This. Thank you. This is what I thought when I first watched it high. The my autism took over and I started research deep imbedded occult meanings.

I think there are many different layers to this movie, just like most of Kubrik's masterpieces.

Spears is pretty normal for a modern pop star, I think she was being molded to be the next Madonna but her programmers fucked up because she turned into a mother and distanced herself from the machine.
Most of those cookie cutter pop singers from the 80's on have a couple of things in common, they learn to sing well in the church choir where those being groomed for stardumb would definitely be ripe for the plucking and indoctrinated into bizarre occult rituals. They are then manufactured by enormous teams of handlers and let loose with their programmed alter ego, Gaga, Beyonce, Belieber, Madonna...there are so many now. Some of the music is good but it's a huge team effort.

It's near impossible to break into those higher echelon occult circles because of the extreme blood oaths taken, like any extreme religion those people would die before divulging any secrets, murdered if they did and that was the main aspect of MKUltra, to program children with extreme rituals to the point where they are compartmentalized and only accessible through their handlers with triggers and physiological keys thus adding another layer of insulation and protection against exposure. You don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to understand there is some very weird shit going down in Holy wood and best to watch any of their productions with a critical mind. There may never be another Kubrick which is kind of sad really.

Ah, yes. Another Eyes Wide Shut thread where literally everyone doesn't get it and posts their boring asinine theories which have been tossed aside before.

How many have you have even read the source material for the movie? Thought so! Plebs, the lot of you.

Go back to ribbit.

What are some other Illuminati/Freemason movies to watch after EWS?

eyes wide shut is based on the novella "dream story" by arthur schnitzler

chief wiggum ahyaar ahrarrrrr

>How many have you have even read the source material for the movie?

I know you’re proud you managed to read a book, but this is just stupid. Should Stephen King’s novel inform your reading of Kubrick’s Shining? Obviously not.

I want to hear your theory on Eyes Wide Shut, in detail.

(Don’t worry, we all know you don’t really have one.)

>MIND CONTROL!!!
Looks like she's just trying to keep from crying and was probably making some inside reference to one of her shitty songs or some shit.

EWS is about Satanic kike rats.

Polanski Film "The Ninth Gate"

It's about a man trying to catch up with the female libido. The rest I haven't really figured out yet

Welcome to Sup Forums

I rewatched this a couple days ago. What was the significance of the minor subplots throughout, e.g. the prostitute, and the Russian and his daughter? I suppose the prostitute is Bill lashing out against his wife's cruel confession of near-infidelity, but then why does he bring her a present later on?

And what of the gay hotel clerk hitting on billy boy? It gives a reason for the clerk giving out information on a paying customer so eagerly, but Bill didn't have a problem getting the address earlier by flashing his credentials, nor getting admittance into the morgue.

Finally, I can't get the closing line out of my head; "Fuck." - what is it supposed to signify? Is it to be taken at face value just like that?

All in all, it's actually a very layered film. You don't even reach the party until over an hour into the runtime, yet this almost goes unnoticed. The pre-climax is engaging enough on its own.

See