What does Sup Forums think about this album?

forgettable but refined in devotion

>anal beads
lol what

Used to be my favorite beach house record but I came more around on devotion. I still love the sentimentally tragic aura of it

Not their best album but still pretty damn good. Cool atmosphere

What's their best? Are you only saying that because it's minimalistic?

Second best Beach House behind teen dream

Pretty meh except Master of None
Such a good song

everything sounds the same

i first heard about beach house because it was sampled on good kid maad city and it’s a pretty good album

>when you life has reached a point where you think pictures of pearls are anal beads
poor user.

this band tried and tried for three records to make bloom.

then they accidentally made bloom.

they have been trying to replicate it since.

yeah that is a good one, there are other bright spots on it

anal pearls

Like it a lot myself. Devotion manages to be both quite a bit better and somehow more comfy though.

Yeah that's interesting to think about. Bloom is a masterpiece though, to be fair.

I personally think that the best of their earlier and later sounds are on Teen Dream. I think Bloom might technically be a bit better, but Teen Dream, other than dragging a bit towards the middle/up to 10 Mike Stereo is the most special thing they’ve made. Devotion, Teen Dream, and Bloom is just a solid as fuck string of dream pop records desu.

disagree.

every record they made sounded derivative and missing something. then on bloom they found themselves.
but it was like they didn't write down how to do it and went back to making mediocre music again.

I think the trouble was it was a complete fluke. unintentional.

Bloom was honestly just a more confident sounding Beach House than on Teen Dream IMO. The band steadily worked their way up to a progressively ‘larger’ sound, which worked well on Teen Dream, but was perfect on Bloom, and has been stagnant since. IDK, I might still like Teen Dream as much as I do because it still has traces of comfy early Beach House on it. The first half and last two songs are amazing.

Teen Dream and Bloom are nearly perfect.

I still find myself returning to devotion more than all the others however. There's something about it that's really nice and lends itself to relistens. I think it has to do with teen dream and bloom being more overproduced.

yeah i guess unlike you i thought beach house were average from their first record.
i knew the shoegaze/dreampop scene well, and had been following it for a long time, so they just sounded like a generic american imitation band.
like i said, bloom was a fluke.
they bettered most of the whole scene with bloom.
one of the very best dream pop records ever made.
no fucking clue how they did it.

I actually go back to Devotion more than anything else too. There is a genuine feeling of desire/yearning woven into their songs, it’s a core idea on that record and it feels the most ‘real’ there.

I get what you mean, I think the biggest leap was from Devotion to Teen Dream, and Bloom was the realization of everything that worked. The energy of Wild fucks my shit up.