Is this album the pinnacle of New Wave and 80's music?

is this album the pinnacle of New Wave and 80's music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOrWBPvEUfw
youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah

what is the best song and why is it Listen?

strange way to type The Working Hour

Is that like an alt cover for Hunting High And Low? Looks odd.

Trevor Horn and his protege band "Frankie Goes to Hollywood" would like to talk to you...

Listen is fucking God tier

Welcome to the Pleasuredome has some of the best production of the 80's for sure, but Tears is still a better band

Yes,the only semi-weak track on it is Mother's Talk

youtube.com/watch?v=KOrWBPvEUfw

Funny, thats my least favourite track
The Working Hour is my fav

lesmugchristgauface.jpg

Songs From The Big Chair [Mercury, 1985]

Never one to pay much heed to the plaints of English lads with synthesizers, I assumed I could safely dismiss this one until my ears detected substance beneath the surface--uncommon command of keyboards, synths ragged enough to add texture instead of merely effects, even a lyric that goes "We are paid by those who learn from our mistakes"--not bad. Yet in the end, the surface is still annoying, portending a depth and drama that progressive rock has been promising and failing to deliver since the beginning. B-

Head over heels is quite easily the best song

Is that Gene Ween?
It even sounds like him.

The Pleasure Principal by Gary Numan was the best desu

SHOUT
SHOUT
LET IT ALL OUT

Yes. It has the greatest combination of lyricism, production, and execution. It perfectly captures many different faucets of the 80's very eloquently, it has the rawness of New Wave, and to this day barely sounds dated if you forget that it's from the 80s. There's not a lot of groups out there can execute capturing a sound as good as they managed to and still manage to keep so much life and emotion in it years later.

youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs

>some iron

The Hurting is better

>and to this day barely sounds dated if you forget that it's from the 80s

A lot of people hate 80s pop production, but it didn't sound bad at all if the artist knew what they were doing.

That came out in 1980. Decades are from 1-10 not 0-9.

80s aesthetics weren't fully established until 1982 and 80-81 were a transition between the 70s and 80s.

>Decades are from 1-10 not 0-9.

Why?

There was no year zero.

shut the fuck up faggot

weird, that doesn't say Mother's Talk

Le GOAT

Why is Christgau such an amazing faggot?

Listen has always been my favorite Tears for Fears track. Songs from the Big Chair as a whole is timeless for me, compared to other 80's albums like Heartbeat City, for example.

THESE ARE THE THINGS I CAN LIVE WITHOUT

>being this mad about decades

That would be correct if instead of mentioning "the 80's", OP would say "the 8th decade of 1900's"

right? Its one of joy divisions best songs