At least Bjork fans call her out when her work is shit

At least Bjork fans call her out when her work is shit.

JUST THAT KISS
WAS ALL THERE IS

Both of those were good, though.

Both are totally fine albums though. Neither are stand out albums in their respective discographies, but they're both good nonetheless.

AMSP is objectively better than In Rainbows
You can be wrong all you want

Debut > pablo honey
Post < the bends
Homogenic > OK Computer
Vespertine < Kid A
Medulla > amnesiac
Volta < hail to the thief
Biophilia < in rainbows
Vulnicura > the king of limbs
Utopia < a moon shaped pool

>Homogenic > OK Computer
Kek

It really is better

Debut > Pablo Honey
Post > The Bends
Homogenic > OK Computer
Vespertine > Kid A
Medulla > Amnesiac
Volta > Hail to the Thief
Biophilia > In Rainbows
Vulnicura > The King of Limbs
Utopia > A Moon Shaped Pool

Although these comparisons aren't fair. It's not difficult for Bjork to outdo a band that turned to shit after their third album.

back to your tumblr blog

Utopia was so damn boring lol

Went right back to the rest of her music after hearing that disappointment of an album

>this is coming from a radiofag
Oh the ironing

Right here it is

Debut > Pablo Honey
Post < The Bends
Homogenic > OK Computer
Vespertine > Kid A
Medulla < Amnesiac
Volta > Hail To The Thief
Biophilia > The King of Limbs
Utopia < A Moon Shaped Pool

if you can't enjoy both Bjork and Radiohead i feel bad for u desu

it's not shit, just lackluster.
Happy albums are rarely good.

>What is Debut

Rarely does not mean never.
And debut was lackluster, but better because it actually worked sonically, unlike Utopia.

the issue with your meme is that amsp was obviously aoty

At least Bjork-haters are musically intelligent enough to say why an album is shit and give valid reasons

That's not The King of Limbs

way to show how shit your taste is.
>Band takes a moderately innovative approach to alt rock: AMAZING
>Artist revolutionizes big beat electronic music synthesizing it seamlessly with pop and experimental music that is extremely influential toward aforementioned bands next album: OKAY

Nothin' personel Kid.

This.

>Implying Bjork made the music herself

what is Blackstar

Read the credits for all of her work. Read what people she has worked with have said about her. Sorry Nigel Goodrich didn't do all the heavy lifting.

Reddiohead are fucking embarrassing. Imagine having listened to more than 100 albums in your lifetime and still being impressed by any of the bland alt rock schlock they've shit out.

t. contrarian
You literally must have only listened to Pablo Honey and The Bends to have thought this.

Better bait.

This. Shit like OK Computer and Kid A are impressive if they're the first albums you've listened to maybe.

samefags

>Bjork-haters are musically intelligent
Good one. Needed the laugh.

it is better though

>anyone who disagrees with me must be the same person!
If you're looking for an echo chamber for your opinions you could always go back to where you came from

Even if this was true, how does defeat the point that homogenic is better than kid?

This is truly true.

>implying Björk evolutionized big beat electronic music
user, are you stupid? or are you just a fanboy of your Sup Forumswaifu?

Utopia - 9.5/10
AMSP - 7.5/10

desu

Terrible opinion

>revolutionizes big beat electronic music synthesizing it seamlessly with pop and experimental music

holy shit it feels so embarrassing to be a Bjork fan when people like you exist

Homogenic on of her most mediocre albums

both albums are not very good.

utopia is bjork at her worst compositionally and lyrically. she took an experimental approach though which was interesting, but it didn't stop the album from being a failure.

amsp is a bland album overall. unlike bjork, radiohead took a safe route and made one of their most accessible records yet. i do think it's better than utopia thoguh, just because it's more enjoyable and stronger from a compositional perspective.

>bland
>safe
>accessible
Nice buzzwords. Try to have a real opinion pls

these are words that have meanings.

bland -> boring, uninteresting, unimaginative, unoriginal

safe -> as in, will definitely not get them any terrible reviews or anything because it's just radiohead doing mellow artsy rock/pop and people like that

accessible -> easy to listen to, non-offensive, follows structures commonly used in pop music with verses and choruses and strong melodies

there, you happy now? btw buzzword is a buzzword.

>these are words that have meanings.
But you are unable to expound on the meaning. You are using it to impress rather than to critique

i just briefly explained what i meant by each of these words.

you want me write a phd thesis on a radiohead record?

>i just briefly explained what i meant by each of these words.
No you didn't cite any specific examples. It's just meaningless buzzwords drifting about.

Nah, not the same dude. But he actually has correct opinions. Unlike Never been a waifu loser, but you're just wrong. Listen to some rock music that was actually pushing boundaries, rather than showing up to the party way late like Radiohead. and i LIKE Johnny Greenwood as a composer, but he's nowhere near as experimental or forward thinking as you all seem to believe.

>Listen to some rock music that was actually pushing boundaries
Like what?

>Listen to some rock music that was actually pushing boundaries, rather than showing up to the party way late like Radiohead
>context is meaningless
Stop

In Rainbows and AMSP are both 6/10s.

In Rainbow is a 10/10.

a moon shaped fool

Fugazi, The Smiths, Talking Heads, Slint, Siouxsie and the Banshees, My Bloody Valentine, Built to Spill, Swirlies, Polvo, Hum, Dinosaur Jr, Red House Painters, Einstürzende Neubauten, The Birthday Party, etc.

There is a whole list of bands that experimented more with guitar sounds, styles, rhythms, melodies, etc all before Ok Computer.

And if you want to deal with Kid A, that entire album was pretty much lifted off of Warp Records output in the early 90s and even Bjork.

Absolutely not. Reckoner is a saccharine heap of ideas pushed together, doesn't even feel like a formal song.
House Of Cards, All I Need and Faust Arp are weak filler. Nude and Videotape are comforting and powerful but they can't hold the whole album together themselves. Jigsaw is great, though.
I get that it's all supposed to be very polished and ruminating, but then why are the first two tracks jittery and abrasive? I don't care for Weird Fishes.

>Fugazi, The Smiths, Talking Heads, Slint, Siouxsie and the Banshees, My Bloody Valentine, Built to Spill, Swirlies, Polvo, Hum, Dinosaur Jr, Red House Painters, Einstürzende Neubauten, The Birthday Party, etc.
>There is a whole list of bands that experimented more with guitar sounds, styles, rhythms, melodies, etc all before Ok Computer.
None of those sound like OK Computer though, and all derivative of their own influences.

Try again.

>Hum
Just randomly choosing this, they based their entire career off of ripping of Siamese Dream. You are a joke
>And if you want to deal with Kid A, that entire album was pretty much lifted off of Warp Records output in the early 90s
Show me a Warp Records track that soudns lie Optimistic or How To Disappear

>None of those sound like OK Computer though
Guitar tones in OK C. are lifted from built to spill at parts, especially on their stuff from nothing wrong with love and perfect from now on. The strumming patterns are reminiscent of the work of siouxsie and the banshees on Juju. The off time lead riffs are highly derivative of Polvo and Slint. My point wasn't to say that OKC ripped off those bands, but that those bands did far more experimentation than Radiohead did on OKC, which was barely experimental at all.

>all derivative of their own influences.
No. Listen to more music. You would know that Fugazi's influences were largely funk bands from DC in the late 70s. Talking heads were into world music. There is literally nothing that sounds like Slint except for the bands that people from Slint went on to work with in the future.

I'm sorry, Stan.

If you noticed I said "was pretty much" lifted off of Warp Records. Sure, there are elements of Radiohead's previous work on it. But good luck trying to tell me Everything in It's Right Place, Idioteque, Kid A, and Treefingers aren't. That's nearly half the album. The national anthem is the remotely original track on the album.

>The national anthem is the remotely original track on the album.
Motion Picture Soundtrack, as well.

>Guitar tones in OK C. are lifted
NO they aren't. it's just guitar tones. Prove otherwise
>The strumming patterns
kek
>but that those bands did far more experimentation
No.
>Listen to more music
What do you mean? I like most those bands.
>You would know that Fugazi's influences were largely funk bands from DC in the late 70s
Which is why it's derivative
>Slint
Big Blakc rip off
>If you noticed I said "was pretty much" lifted off of Warp Records
Ooops, you didn't seem to answer my question. Try again
>But good luck trying to tell me Everything in It's Right Place, Idioteque, Kid A, and Treefingers aren't
What specific Warp tracks do they sound like?

Treefingers is something RDJ would have left on the cutting room floor of SAW II. Everything in it's right place is basically a boards of canada song with vocals. Idioteque is RDJ, again. Kid A is another SAW II rip, and a Bjork rip from Vespertine. If you don't think Bjork previewed Vespertine tracks for Thom when they recorded I've seen it all, then you're an idiot.

Also, Fugazi barely has any elements of funk to them. While Big Black was influential on Slint they are FAR from ripping them off, they took that influence and created something new. Something Radiohead has never done with any of their inspirators.

>if it's vaguely electronic in nature, it soudns like Warp Records
Yikes

Also
>If Radiohead draws influence, it's derivative
>if other bands do it, it's experimentation
Do you realize how retarded you sound?

>Something Radiohead has never done with any of their inspirators.
There's no other album that sounds like OK Computer or Kid A.

BROKEN HEARTS
MAKE IT RAIN

I like A Moon Shaped Poo's lounge-y, brazilian-ish rhythms. i get a spooky, multimillionaire country club/1%er dinner party/masonic temple vibe from it that reminds me of Amnesiac.

I loved both of them but I thought in rainbows was a little more interesting.

>music is only good if it interests me personally
No

The other bands actually experimented rather than ham-fisting the work of other people together into a new thing. You probably think sampling has the same artistic value as the original composition.

>There's no other album that sounds like OK Computer or Kid A.
They're not bad albums, but they're nowhere near as innovative or influential as you seem to think.

Now you're just repeating yourself. Maybe you can tell me how groundbreaking and influential Hum and The Swirlies were? kek

Why are you so against Radiohead?

>Radiohead used a similar strumming pattern? That's just ham-fisted!
>No Fugazi's recycled riffs are totally innovative because they listened to Funk once
Just stop.

Swirlies are the only band to mix math rock and shoegaze pretty much to this day still. Hum, while you are pretty right about the Smashing Pumpkins worship, pretty much set a new standard for guitar work in post hardcore which would eventually lead to post-hardcore being a lot more atmospheric.

Radiohead is just nowhere near as good as they are given praise for. That's all.

They're not bad bands, but they're nowhere near as innovative or influential as you seem to think.

he didn't say that, literally kill yourself

He implied it.

>implying sampling doesnt have the same artistic value as original compositions
Actually retarded.

WE RIDE TONIGHT LOL
GHOST HORSES LOL

all he said is that he loves both albums, but likes one slightly more

if you got out of that, then you're just being a cuck

Radiohead are (usually) pretty good but incredibly overrated.

Bjork is meh and somehow even more overrated.

It's a tough call.

Okay plebs here's the 411:

Vespertine > OK Computer > Vulnicura > Medulla > The King of Limbs > Selmasongs > In Rainbows > Amnesiac >>> Kid A > Homogenic > Debut > The Bends > A Moon Shaped Pool > Biophilia > Post > Volta > Hail to the Thief > Utopia > Pablo Honey

>placing The King Of Limbs anywhere above Kid A or even In Rainbows

Homogenic = Kid A > Vespertine > In Rainbows > OK Computer > Vulnicura > Medulla > A moon shaped pool > Post > Hail to the thief > biophilia > amnesiac > debut > the king of limbs > the bends > Volta > pablo honey

Dunno where to put utopia yet