The sith have existed for billions of years and not one of them thought to make a lightsaber like this...

The sith have existed for billions of years and not one of them thought to make a lightsaber like this? The Jedi would have gone extinct ages ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Agen_Kolar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

seems dangerous and inpractical

here user, just for you

Kyber crystals, when assembled into a hilt, only emit energy monodirectionally. You would need twice as many crystals for your proposed design, and too many together produces an unstable saber that can even affect the very personality of its wielder (See: Kylo Ren)

I give you a D+, apply yourself

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Agen_Kolar

>Kolar built his lightsaber in such a way that it used dual crystals, which allowed the color of the lightsaber to be either blue or green

Two crystal setup is doable. F+ for you.

So it is possible? Considering Kylo Ren's saber has the dumb hilt blade shit going on?

They haven't existed for billions of years, they've existed for a maximum of 50 thousand or so depending on your interpretation of EU canon and what exactly you mean by "sith". Nevertheless, you do have a point. Lightsaber users in the films use them as if they are swords, but in reality fight with a lightsaber would be extremely different than fighting with a sword. If lightsaber fighting was realistic to what they are, you'd at least see a lot of turning sabers on and off during combat, as well as different types of attack angles that wouldn't be possible with a single or double edged blade. Thrusts are almost completely absent from lightsaber combat in the films as well, and while that tracks with the cinematic samurai combat that inspired it, it's not really that realistic for a weapon that basically is intended to be a meter long line that destroys anything any part of that line comes into contact with.

The Sith shouldn't even be using a lightsaber, in ANH Obi-Wan makes it sound like a symbol of Jedi authority rather than the ultimate weapon, and in ROTJ Palpatine sneers to Luke "a Jedi weapon" as though he holds the swords in contempt.

Nah lightsabers are pretty cool.The Sith having red sabers is enough.

sword duels are more of a novelty than a genuinely conclusive contest. their outcome only ever direcly matters for individual people's fates.

Thats alternating crystals, not simultaneous

Do you mean in movies or in real life as well?

This.
Vader has a light saber because he used to be a Jedi. Its red because he wears black and red and black are great colors that go together to signify EVIL.

This is why everyone and their fucking mother have lightsabers. They're too cool for their own fucking good.
So now instead of Vader having one because it is a remnant of his former life as a jedi, now EVERYONE that uses the force has AT LEAST one of them.

>in real life
if you're having a legit sword duel these days, it isn't some novelty

It IS a Jedi's weapon. He didn't say it was ONLY a Jedi's weapon.

>Making up some ridiculous bullshit to explain a production fuck up

Now that's funny

The sith branched off from the jedi way, way earlier. That's how they became a thing.

that's the entire EU though

>having a sword duel these days isn't a novelty

Nigger what

Anyone remember "Force Kick"?

Jesus this whole scene is a mess. Just look at Boba comically flying by in the background too.

Why the fuck did Boba Fett become such a beloved character? Is it entirely EU bullshit?

Fucking fanfics need to stop and stay stopped.

>Boba in the background practically swimming in the air

I said "legit" sword duel

You don't notice shit like that when it's happening at it's regular speed though.

As a kid I think I mostly liked him as a playable character in Battlefront 2.

Honestly it still is. Swords are extremely obsolete and having a duel to the death with them would just be silly. You could get it over with much more quickly in several ways.

I'd imagine a sword like that would prevent all kinds of attacks and other standard techniques that would pretty much neuter the wielder.

*teleports behind you* Nothing Personnel, kid

I think the bigger question was why hasn't there been a Sith that used blasters and just manipulated the blaster bolts with their force powers to make them move how they want where they want?

>he curved the blaster bolt

Because that would look fucking gay in live action., or anywhere really.

psssst

Nah, you make the blasters not like just guns but parts of his outfit.
Sith guy triggers the bolts and immediately catches them with the force, operates them like a swarm of deadly bees.
Doesn't have to be blaster bolts specifically, can just be any sort of super-heated plasma glowy weapon bullets of some sort.

Oh but that would be something new. Something unrecognizable.
Nobody would remember that from anything in the old movies.
They would immediately reject it and they toy, the fucking toy, would never sell!

>only emit energy monodirectionally
Well ain't that nifty

Everything you described in that first paragraph was literally anime tier villain gimmicks.

Nice dubs, but that is a shitty fucking idea. Literally anime-tier trash

will no one check this?
fucking quads?

Hey fuck you anime tier was my line

When they are in a duel and they are both pushing on the sabers like that why doesn't one now them quickly turn his lightsaber off then on to get past the other sword (while moving slightly to avoid the enemy Saber of course).

Maybe, but i'm just saying lets do some new shit. Lets get away from the light saber for every fucking force user.

The most disappointing thing near the end of Episode 3 was that pull of a lightsaber and a 960 spinning attack that Palpy pulled on the three Jedi that came to confront him.
Fucking dumb and arguably out of character.
Dude should have used the force, and only the force, to fuck them up.
I'm not talking just lightning either. But throw shit around, turn off THEIR light sabers, do all sorts of power-showing shit.

But nope, we got to make an elderly man flip around like some 16 year old steroid-addled chinese acrobat for a lightsaber fight.
And we'll just keep getting that shit.
over and over and over again until we all die.

someone in another thread said jedi had a technique like that in the EU (kek) and the jedi found it too dishonorable to keep using
which is funny considering what the sith do to them

Great idea, you and a guy are fighting with swords that can instantly kill each other and your only defense is your own sword and your sword takes less time to swing than it does to turn on, so the smart thing to do is turn yours off.

Blind guy on R1 didn't have one.

Yeah because Rogue One was good.

>be low level empire commander
>see that jedi have been detected among the opposing forces
>drop tungsten rods at light speed towards their location

wew, done and dusted lads

I loved using the Orbital Ion Cannon in BF2 on Jedi

But all that shit you just described sounded like something I'd see in a Marvel flick. Not entertaining at all, fanfiction level crap.

So how does Darth maul's lightsaber exist?

Star for participation

Not canon

Two crystals you dum dum

There was an Orbital Ion Cannon in Battlefront II?

>jedi and sith for thousands of years
>no one makes a triple barrel laser to kill them

Wasn't there?
I might be losing it and be thinking of BF1

not canon

Those are vents to stabilize the energy from the unstable, cracked khyber crystal. I'm fairly certain they couldn't be extended, as I don't think they're technically blades.

Couldn't you just, like, make two regular lightsabers and tape them to each other if it's such an amazingly difficult feat to create an L-shaped weapon in one piece?

underrated quads

It's way better than glowy sticks with sounds.

Or, you know, just use a gun

Why not just make the lightsaber really long so the other guy can't reach you

A master jedi wouldnt even turn on his blade except to hit the killing blow.
Two master jedis fighting would be doing stupid positioning movements with their blades off

Considering light has no weight this is a legit question, why can't they just make them travel like 12 meters they would be OP.

what if light sabers could like shoot out a beam

too short!

It would be really bad indoors, you could turn on the saber and kill some innocent dude in the next room. Outdoors it would be really good, but it would still lose some of it's functionality. Lightsabers are used for more than just fighting.

Light sabers are actually poor weapons of war and Luke rarely used them in battles if he had an alternative. In the OT they were mostly used for fighting other force users.

why not just get a new crystal?
If it is so well known what is needed to make a light saber then why not just get a new or better one?
What happened to all the sabers that the giant fucking organization of the Jedi used to have?
Don't give me that "You only get one" bullshit because motherfuckers carried around spares to give to other people all the fucking time.

its a cracked kyber crystal (possibly vader's) and needs the hilts to "vent" energy, while still being dangerous

its highly likely the crystal is vader's and hes using it for the purpose that hes obssessed with him

>as a kid
>Battlefront 2
>it came out in 2005
Jesus I'm old

There aren't many left, they were being used for the deathstar(s?) and the empire had to scavenge crystals from existing lightsabers and temples

Because you can push each other's lightsabers, and thus this would be an easy counter

Maybe not even that Showy,

> Jedi move into room,
> Jedi's Draw sabres because they're hotheads
> Pappa Palpatine does a quick flick of his hand and the Jedi on the right's arm suddenly twists putting his Sabre through his buddy standing next to him.
> Jedi is shocked, the force hasn't been used against him this way, Jedi don't teach that tactic, and he just murdered his frien......
> Palpy has used the force to throw him out a window to his other side.
> Mace Window stands cautiously
> Lets Palpy walk over and collect the lightsabre from one of the dead jedi.
> He knows he may not be able to match him with the force, but if this cracker wants to duel he may be able to out sword him.
> Palpy picks up the sabre and does a traditional jedi dueling pose and shit kicks off.
> A measured duel more akin to a Kendo fight instead of the twirly shit that goes on.
> Waiting for opportunity to strike,
> It isn't until Anakin comes into the room that palpy creates an opportunity to be struck and knocked backwards so he can show just how corrupt the jedi really are.

best sith lord cyborg?