The best thing richard (Aphex Twin) ever did was take dull, derivative...

The best thing richard (Aphex Twin) ever did was take dull, derivative, and constructively limiting genres like acid house, techno, jungle, dubstep and make them into something creative. Not just music for braindead molly popping normies. Daft Punk did the same thing too though more within the EDM framework.

That stuff was objectively bad and /bleep/ literally circlejerks over the avicii of 1987. They're retarded.

Sure rock and punk and what have you may have been more innovative at their inception vs. 25 years of being in the mainstream (Pink Floyd vs Creed, The Damned vs. Blink 182) but not EDM.

It's inital influence was disco which is about as generic, normie, and shitty as you can get. It was already commercialized and commodified when it started because it was inherently mainstream and lowbrow from the start.

Theres no difference between /bleep/ shit and old person acid techno whatever and modern day trap big room housestep whatever in form or function. It takes 2 minutes to create and release to the world. No effort degenerate druggy music.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various-artists/artificial-intelligence/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/77588854/
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76947808/#76947808
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76947808/#76950300
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76748984/#76748984
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74307853/#74307853
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74226405/#74226405
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74206110/#74206110
rbt.asia/mu/thread/70586425/#70586425
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You do understand afx was one of the first to innovate the electronic scene right? Making a good trap beat takes about 4 hours, you're completely uneducated about production

>They're retarded.
you are orders of magnitude more retarded

this is like the 5th or 5th anti-/bleep/ pasta since /bleep/'s inception

whoever keeps making them has issues

right, because AFX was the first artist to do that.

Aphex Twin is uninteresting wank for people like you to pat yourself on the back for listening to.

this is true but aphex wasn't the only one to do this

The first ambient works is a great foundation for ambient House music. nothing more nothing less.

The 2nd ambient works is anessentia, texturally introducing new ideas and experiments for a new generation of IDM musicians, but the record meanders and runs a chunk too long.

Every full length he’s released afterwards are fantastic Opus’ in electronic music, and has a fluidity that is hard to define in words

and /bleep/ could not care less

Name one (1) other artist who was doing this.

well i like it

You draw a contrast between rock - starting experimental and getting less so - and popular electronic music - starting generic and getting more experimental - but I don't think that's really the case. If you count rock as starting with rock and roll, it was generic in the beginning before getting weird in the 60's. You could also say that electronic music started out very experimental if you count all the academic/classical stuff that was really the first electronic music.

musicology

>The first ambient works is a great foundation for ambient House music
Didn't know Aphex was also a time traveler in addition to everything else he claims he is.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various-artists/artificial-intelligence/

Literally everyone mentioned in this thread.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/77588854/

What a waste of trips

>Daft Punk did the same thing too

he's right you know

>this is true
it was up until he reached jungle

literally the only difference aphex did to jungle was adding crappy midi strings to it

Not sure I follow how the fact that /bleep/ music arose out of environments with lots of drugs and dancing somehow invalidates contributions that quite clearly tried to do something more creative with it, even totally remove themselves from that environment entirely. Part of the appeal of Aphex is also how it's purely about the sound, in a sense. What I mean is if you need a track to be called "living with my depression in my suburban home" for it to have an emotional connection or even appreciate it you're basically just a small minded loser

oh follow up Daft Punk is shit

rbt.asia/mu/thread/76947808/#76947808
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76947808/#76950300
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76748984/#76748984
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74307853/#74307853
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74226405/#74226405
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74206110/#74206110
rbt.asia/mu/thread/70586425/#70586425

the absolute state of op