/chart/ - nostalgia picks are fine edition

Don't be lazy. Drop some recd, guess personalities and have fun.
Someone recommended me pill friends last thread, if you see this bud, thanks very much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5-f1Bnltu8
youtube.com/watch?v=7iVXEMyQnpA
youtube.com/watch?v=03hC_Ml8aAM
youtube.com/watch?v=yfHgmiVEI6s
youtube.com/watch?v=RpZVPSCv79U
youtube.com/watch?v=huBOYsbtWA0
youtube.com/watch?v=T_zr-trcYuE
youtube.com/watch?v=phe8hxie61g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Penis bump

Bumpy

in a similar vein to certain things you like that i also like, you should check out the following bands and albums or tell me what you think of them
olivia tremor control
yukari - echo
aseul - new pop
black moth super rainbow - dandelion gum
lsd and the search for god - s/t
passion pit - gossamer
the books
mgmt - s/t and congratulations
the holydrug couple
paul mccartney - ram
cahpterhouse

it's not letting me post my chart but whatever listen to uh Coma Cinema or some shit OP

Listen to Battles

we cant upload images so just rec me stuff similar to Julia Holter

No Joy - Wait to Pleasure
Cleaners from Venus - Midnight Cleaners
Before Today - A Celebration of an Ending

Try the following albums;
>King Krule - The Ooz. (66 mins. Art rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=K5-f1Bnltu8
>The Radio Dept. - Lesser Matters. (43 mins. Dream pop/ Indie pop). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=7iVXEMyQnpA
>TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain. (56 mins. Indie rock/ Art rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=03hC_Ml8aAM

Good fortune to you and your family in the coming months/ years!

Hope you enjoy these;
>Audrey Fall - Mitau. (57 mins. Post-rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=yfHgmiVEI6s
>LFO - s/t. (55 mins. IDM/ Bleep techno/ Techno). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=RpZVPSCv79U
>Kroda - Moлoтoм дyхy тa eднicтю кpoвi. (50 mins. Black metal/ Pagan black metal/ Folk metal). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=huBOYsbtWA0

Make sure to enjoy yourself and try your best today!

cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD

clipping. - CLPPNG

Starry Cat - S/T
Jordaan Mason - Mantra Songs
Nice a e s t h e t i c. Check out some Magnolia Electric Co.

Monsoon Bassoon-I like your voodoo
A musical of the orient-Laos
Karate-In a place in real insight

Will do, I've heard brilliant things about them, especially Songs: Ohia. I'll likely start chronologically and work my way through as such.Thanks for telling me user, hope your day is lovely.

I'm going to try them all later today in that case, I see Monsoon Bassoon is related to the Cardiacs for whatever reason. Have you ever tried Mojave 3 by any chance? I'll admit that its not something that I've looked into much though its an alt-country offshoot of Slowdive, seems like it might be the sort of thing you'd like. Also its not often you get multiple recommendations, can't help but want to hug you (sorry if that comes off as cringey), hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

>Monsoon Bassoon is related to the Cardiacs for whatever reason
Wasn't Monsoon Bassoon one of the inspiration of Cardiacs?

Like Clockwork - QOTSA

Dust - Screaming Trees

Sweet Oblivion - Screaming Trees

The Scream - Siouxsie and the Banshees

1989 - Taylor Swift

good taste xx

>1989 - Taylor Swift
I don't know whether to listen to it or not but here some recs
The editors-Back room
Butterfingers-Transcendence
Sol Seppy-The bells of 1 2

Nucleus and Ground Zero

Dope ass list
Orchestral Manœuvres in the Dark - Architecture & Morality

Why does your chart go from big to small and then back to big again?
Kill the Vultures - s/t

>Nucleus and Ground Zero
Not a big fan of Jazz but I still enjoy
We'll talk about it later and Plays standard

Tried posting earlier but I couldn't for whatever reason,

Listen to
Coma Cinema - Blue Suicide
Kylie Minogue - Fever
Rina Sawayama - RINA
Airiel - Winks & Kisses

Try the new JPEGMAFIA album, Veteran.

Listen to Sparks, either Kimono My House or Propaganda

Listen to Hayaino Daisuki or Gridlink since you like Discordance Axis, a lot of the same lineage.
Also try The Del-Byzanteens

Ever listen to CHON?

what's the best Scatman John song and why is it Scatman's World

Say Anything - Is A Real Boy, unless the only pop Punk you're down with is Blink i suppose.

Listen to PUP's self titled.
Remember Sports - Sunchoke

You might also find interest in the new JPEGMAFIA album, Veteran.

I'd suggest diving deeper into Lil Ugly Mane, unless you already have. Listen to some Pharcyde.

I'll try out all of those thank you! I have already listened to dandelion gum but it never stuck with me. It feels much less fun than cobra juicy and falling through a field holds importance to me in other ways, which is why they're on my chart and Gum isn't.

Kishi Bashi -151a and sonderlust

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana

Elephant Gym
Anything by LITE

Neon Indian - Era Extrana

Already have love LUM, I should listen to more pharcyde.

Hudson Mohawke - Butter
Neon Indian - Vega INTL. Night School
Animal Collective - Centipede Hz
Avey Tare - Down There

Thanks for the recs, I was planning on checking out RINA anyway since Clarance was involved.

>what's the best Scatman John song and why is it Scatman's World
Because of the catchy hook and the scats

I've tried Kimono my House and I didn't see the appeal (other than "Thank God It's Not Christmas"), will give it more listens though and try the rest of their discography.

I'm on it~ Kept forgetting to try Sonderlust.

More stuff like Boards of Canada:

2814 - Birth of a new day

Digital Sex & Western Digital - On The
Horizon

PowerPCME - Kmart 1989 - 1992

Kona Triangle - Sing A New Sapling Into Existence

Stumbline - Ghosting

hi

Contribute laddie

Alright. You should listen to Ya La Tengo.

>kanye in top 20
kys

GOOOOOD SHIT
I think you may like Juicy J's new mixtape. It's produced by $UICIDEBOY$.
youtube.com/watch?v=T_zr-trcYuE
Eevil Stöö - Iso vauva Jeesus
Agitation Free - Last
Howdy

Agitation Free is dope.

Finally I can post. Got some good stuff off of the last thread. Need more.

Hum - You'd Prefer an Astronaut
Granddaddy - Under the Western Freeway
Snowing - Fuck your Emotional Bullshit
Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind

Benji - Sun Kil Moon

Hey don't be toxic friend. MBDTF is really great and means something to me, why shouldn't it be in my top 20?

I don't know what to listen to. I haven't been listening to music that much in the last few weeks or so, i just can't find anything that really hooks me that much, honestly. If anyone can help with that i would really appreciate it.

Have you ever tried Elvis Costello's early stuff?

Since you like some memphis related rap, maybe you should try Maniac - The World of a Psycho

Considering you liked Milton Nascimento, try listening to Novos Baianos. Not sure if you're BR or not, but they're pretty good.

That's quite a lot of music. Try Patife Band - Corredor Polonês

Have you ever tried listening to Smog - Julius Caesar?

I suppose you already know them, but try Gastr del Sol - Upgrade & Afterlife

Try some Deerhunter, maybe you'll like their first album
Try the last Beat Happening album or Tiger Trap's s/t LP.

For more early Weezer you should try Tony Molina.

Lots of albums i enjoy on your chart. Have you ever tried listening to Polvo?

Have you tried Ariel Pink's early stuff? I love it a lot.

Listen to Evil Pimp & Creep Lo - Kreepin Out Tha Kuttz for some evil memphis rap

I'm going to be that guy and rec Merchant Ships - For Cameron for some emo.

Listen to any of Bones's stuff for some sadboy-core lo-fi cloud rap

Not yet but I will check him out. To help with your problem I'd recommend Black Moth Super Rainbow and satanstompingcaterpillars (their original name). Looking at your chart I think Start a People or Falling through a Field would be most interesting to you, but Dandelion Gum or Cobra Juicy would most likely get you hooked. If you're in a rut then I'd say to try all four out before dropping the band.

Thanks, i'll try all of them cause why not. I already knew about Dandelion Gum beforehand, but never listened to it.

Literally anything by lil ugly mane
Luminous orange - drop you vivid colours
Milo - Who Told You to Think??!!?!?!?!
Check out R. Stevie Moore

solid space - space museum

i used to listen to siekiera a lot couple of years ago

idoli - odberana i poslednji dani

i thank you for reccing me afterlives again but you've recc'd it to me 3 times lol

try the body & braveyoung - nothing passes

try to branch your tastes a bit

you're a woman im a machine - death from above 1979

having the pillows gets instant love from me

dayglo - love battery

deity guns - trans lines appointment

The Primitives - Pure

good taste my man

Current 93 - All The Pretty Little Horses

Mark Fry - Dreaming With Alice
maybe check out some stuff by Daniel Johnston (Hi, How Are You or 1990 if you dislike the lo-fi sound)

>try to branch your tastes a bit
I like Taylor Swift, Frank Zappa, QOTSA and the Deslondes. How can I branch even more!?

because King Crimson, Mike Oldfield, Black Sabbath, Aphex Twin and other artists he sampled, that actually make good music, should be there

/chart/ - Sup Forumsdrone edition

babby's first rymcore

leave

>babby's first rymcore
Aha, you're not wrong there, I had a feeling I'd be called out eventually for spamming top 100/1000 on different countries.

Imagine being this insecure

>all these artists that you've not listened to should be on your top 20 because I think their better

not sure if its a common suggestion but
Of Montreal - The gay parade

>Klonoa
didn't think I'd see this on Sup Forums
nice earthbound too

very cool dudes

what is this cartoon? how old are you?

Basic biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Carval Tarek - GRVTS009

are you in Sup Forumscord?
Weakling Dead as Dreams
Pokemon Red ost
too many fucking albums
Automine - Padington Band
good shit. check out Eiffel 65
Hopsin
nice youtubecore
spoopy

Give me some fuckin' bad ass music and don't play around or I'll fuck your mom.

i was gonna shit on u and say u should contribute but then i looked at your chart and now think suicide is the most human option for your own sake aswell as the sake of anybody that might have to meet you in the future. kys

forgot this

Gang Starr- Step in the Arena
Midori Takada- Through the Looking Glass

Sorry I'm not good at giving too many recommendations, pretty new to exploring music :/

wasn't in mucord before, am now

Tried Sonderlust, gonna listen to everything else innumerable times. I'll say that I've found the album to be exactly what I was expecting; fun, highly scenic baroque-pop with slight electronic elements. My only issue with the album is that is suffers from the same lyrical problem as Mimicking Birds; the writing goes far overboard with the word-play and "intellectual" content that it can often step on its own foot and become more wince-inducing than clever or witty compared to Barnes' for example, that's not to say that you shouldn't fence yourself from using big words or analogies, its just that for such quick songs that are generally about romance it seems like he's trying to make a mountain out of an ant-hill about near everything he comes across. Otherwise quite liked it.

Guy who recced it here. I totally get you, I find the same with most of montreal tracks too. Helps that I often ignore the meaning of lyrics and see them as an extra instrument. Maybe some would class that as being stupid and ignorant to real themes but it helps me enjoy more music. Glad you liked it at least

Oh wow I'm always looking for new stuff similar to Boards of Canada. You might have heard some of this stuff but check out:

Legowalt - Amiga Railroad Adventures
Freescha - Kids Fill the Floor
Biosphere - Patashnik
I checked out both the tapes $B and Juciy put out, but somehow I feel the concept of them working together is more interesting than the final product. It was nice to see a Peep feature though. Nice taste though.
Maxo Kream - Maxo 187
Mike - MAY GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE
Planning for Burial - Leaving
Nordlicht - Nebelmeer
Afterlives - A Ticking Clock I Couldn't Stop
Make a Change... Kill Yourself - s/t
Check out Wicca Phase Eternal Springs, he used to be in Tiger Jaw but now is doing soundcloud rap
youtube.com/watch?v=phe8hxie61g

I wouldn't call you stupid for doing so, I'm largely picking straws. And I see where you're coming from with of Montreal, as much as I like Barnes' writing he can drop the ball a little though I'd still say he's up there with my favourites, I can totally understand if you find him pretentious though. Thanks for encouraging me to listen to him anyhow, always been curious and I hope that your night goes well, you deserve it!

Oh I don't feel stupid for it or anything, if something helps me enjoy something more then I'm happy I do it. I've had shitloads of recs today and I've got some nice rum so I'm in for a good couple hours hopefully. Thanks for the well wishes and I hope the same to you!