Cancel the planned referendum on Britain's continued membership of the EU

Pol.... We have issues...

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/123450

> Cancel the planned referendum on Britain's continued membership of the EU.

> According to the BBC (as at the 26th February 2016) 444 MPs of (almost) all parties have declared their support for Britain staying a member of the European Union on the basis of the reform package negotiated by the Prime Minister, David Cameron.

> Constituting more than 68% of the votes in the House of Commons, this represents a rare and overwhelming cross-party Parliamentary majority. If it is the settled will of such a large majority in the House of Commons, Parliament should now rise to the occasion and assert the very sovereignty Brexit campaigners claim it has lost. Parliament should ratify the agreement reached by the Government with the European Union and confirm Britain’s membership of the European Union on that basis.

This was on

Other urls found in this thread:

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/123450
youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94
linkedin.com/pulse/cancel-brexit-vote-citizens-petition-christopher-mcginty
linkedin.com/pulse/brexit-irrelevant-distraction-business-christopher-mcginty?forceNoSplash=true
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in the time it took me to post

What could you do about it?

So 8,000-something increasingly nervous Remainers signed an Internet petition?

Can't see this as anything other than hilarious. People are complaining about the EU being undemocratic? Best shut down the referrendum at the last minute. Not that it would happen.

Will they actually stop from some shit petition that remain is obviously signing. It's the last obstacle to freedom...

you will remain in the eu.

there is no way out and u know this.

feelsgood

i would say flood it with fake names like niggerdick mclovin, but that would only make things worse.

#ripbrexit

about right...
my worry:
This gets picked up by the media and shilled as.
"Growing sentiment to cancel the referendum"
Anyone on remain side is gong to shill this HARD...
why wouldn't they try both:
- call off referdenum, playing "respects" card for Jo Cox. No one on remain can go against this openely..."You don't think we should respect jo?"
- if that fails, they can still try to vote out

They're not going to cancel it. It's far, far too late for that.

its not too late for them to try...

The 10k petition would be then have to be discussed in the House of Commons. To which, unless the politicians want to commit both political and actual suicide, will be laughed out.

If the referendum gets thrown out last minute, there will be protests and possibly riots for stopping a democratic process from occurring. The MPs that sided with this petition will not get reelected and some lunatics might actually come after them.

Finally, it's not just a small number of people that want the referendum. It's quite a few people on both sides of the issue. I would imagine that all people for Brexit and then some for remain would be really pissed off about this.

tl;dr it's nothing to be concerned about.

Why even draw attention to it if you want it to fail?

>fake names like niggerdick mclovin

That's my father's name

Correction, at 10k they'd get a generic response of "This is happening whether you like it or not."

At 100k then it is 'considered' for debate in parliament.

Because that is a 17 y/o kid's first steps into adult life thinking that because someone says something stupid you have to repeat it and wants to rebel against society.

It's not going to happen. Stopping or postponing it would collapse the government and add further support for the leave camp.

>68% of the Commons want to Remain

Meanwhile the populace is split 50/50

Not really representing us very well are they?

>cancelling a nationwide referendum due within a week based on an internet petition with a few thousand signatures

I wouldn't worry about this OP.

That's not going to work even if it does get 100k as stopping the referendum is the same as remain winning so they won't just stop it.

Spread it, this is fucking perfect. Let people see how much the left hates democracy when it doesn't go their way.

>10k

Don't they need 100k?

wot

I just signed it

There will be fucking fury, Cameron is in trouble anyway, he's literally on the verge of being thrown out of his party by back benchers.

Theres not even 10k remianers in the whole kingdom hahaha

Signed it. Thanks, OP.

Fuck off with the 50/50 meme.

Even establishment media polls say leave is in the lead.

Then independent polls show up to 80% leave.

They are pushing this 50/50 meme to make the gross vote rigging not seem so bad

I signed. Revenge for Hitler you cucks deserve to die.

>We don't like democracy
>Please stop Democracy

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM? FUCKING HELL!

I bet it's remainers too. Pissed off that they're losing. You know, I wouldn't mind if we remain, we could have sorted it all out imo, but now I want to leave. I'm not giving these cheats, these fascists the right to take away my freedom and rights for their feelings.

We're going to win this and beat them, whether it means we'll have to fight and die for this cause.

That's bullshit, we should put it to a vote.

OH WAIT

start 'cancel the petition to cancel the planned referendum on Britain's continued membership of the EU' and see what happens.

>"Cancel the petition to cancel the planned referendum on Britain's continued membership of the EU"
>"Cancel the petition to cancel the petition etc. etc. etc."
Yes. This is where democracy should go.

He killed himself.

So logically you should also KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF.

Thanks.

>Let's have a referendum on whether we should have a referendum

>petition.parliament.uk/petitions/123450

>Please cancel democracy, I want my side to win by default.

Very Hitlerish desu

as if they would cancel a democratic vote
they're going to pin us down, fuck us one by one and stick a buttplug in our ass to stop the poz from oozing out if we vote leave anyway so there is no chance of it being canceled

I thought the left were all about direct democracy? Then when they get it and it doesn't work in their favour they throw a tantrum.

Its getting around 50 signatures a minute.
If this rate stays the same.
Hits 10k in next fews hours.
Hits 100k by late sunday / monday morning.

IF this speeds up, THIS WILL BE SUNDAY NEWS....

If Brexit is going to bust up the Tories anyway, then there is no harm in tying...

Off the back of Jo Cox, its very hard to argue against "Due to respect for Jo" argument without sounding like an ARSEHOLE.

>online petition
>implying any of these has ever changed anything ever

MFW

>Very Hitlerish desu

Commies and Nazis are of the same tree. Both deserve to be thrown off tall buildings and hung for their crimes.

The only way to protect freedom is to suppress or kill those who wish to destroy freedom.

I welcome a discussion in the HoC if this picks up any steam (and I doubt it will). We have speakers like Jacob Rees-Mogg who can argue his case all day with all sorts of interesting factoids whereas the remain MPs, by and large, will drone on and on, walking the party line.

Other than drugs, where did this meme about the left being in favour of individual freedom even come from?

this wont work anyway, parliament is in recess and isnt due to be recalled. It only every gets recalled for national emergencies or similar during recess.

Parliament won't talk about this, if they did it would backfire hard on them.

Seriously it will backfire if these is discussed.

It will make people think that the remain side are trying to fuck over democracy because they're losing.

>petitions
>accomplishing anything
>50 signatures a minute.

Does any of this not smell a bit fuckin' jewy to you?

FUCKING HELL IT WILL BACKFIRE IF ITS EVEN DISCUSSED BY THE NEWS. SIGN IT NOWWWWW!!!!

EVERYONE SEE THE ABOVE.

what a surprise...

No, as usual the lefties will be passing this around facebook.

Who gives a shit what the parties want?

>British """democracy"""

you'll be fine mate, petitions mean diddly-dick, if it makes the news it'll just remind the public that this referendum is still on and won't change any minds.

>Make a referendum about some issue
>try to cancel it once it doesn't turned as expected
These people should be shot down. Wait, they are.

Not shilling, there's logic here.

As I said it will fucking backfire, you lot don't have to sign it, if the media shill for it, let them, don't be panicked by this, it really is nothing to be panicked by.

It will look like a stitch up by the government to avoid the referendum.

It will make them look weak if they don't read it out in parliament but that's what they will do, it will not be read out or discussed.

Seriously, whichever way you look at this petition it does leave absolutely NO damage whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure her husband could confirm that this isn't what she would have wanted.

By the way nice ID, gameboy.

VERY

Uh petitions do jack shit iirc

Cameron probably our JoJo killed just so this would go through.

Her husband is a cuck.

Unreasonable petition. Doesn't matter how many signatures it gets, it will have no impact.

signed. get fucked Sup Forumstards

Kek. Good one garlicy snail

I signed :^)

It's too funny, the government doesn't respond for a minimum of 7 days from when a petition passes. There's 6 days til the referendum.

No, all of you stop.

You do not need to sign this, let the media shill for it.

Just sit back and ignore it.

Don't force it, you force it then it could backfire.

Let it run its course, then after we can see the voter breakdown areas and we can use past evidence to show that it's easy to fake these .gov petitions.

We don't need to do anything. No bots, don't spam it.

Take no part in this, it will backfire without our intervention.

Trust me Sup Forums. I'm not shilling you, this is a win win situation for leave, we have no need to vote surge it, let it get shilled by MSM to make people even angrier, let them fuck up by redpilling more people.

Leave it to them.

Ummmmm....

>10,000 unverified signatures to nullify the voting rights of 35,000,000 people
Can't see this happening desu. That would be a new low even for our government.

Thanks, my plan to manipulate Sup Forums is working like a treat...

You know if this hits the news Remain is fucked right??

As others have pointed out if any mention of this hits the press, EVERYONE APART FROM LEFTY LOSERS WILL SEE STRAIGHT THROUGH IT......

THIS CAN ONLY HELP BREXIT...!!!

>we need to have discussion in parliament before we form a committee to decide on a referendum for a referendum

How can it backfire for BREXIT?
You don't think they would actually call of the vote.

If it goes no where, effects nothing...
If it gets 10k votes and they ignore it, effects nothing...
If it gets 10k votes and anyone mentions it, Its a clear signal to EVERYONE how much the left hates anyone with differing opinion...

400 signatures to go

Who here excited?

ME.
Very!

> LET IT BURN

No I wasn't talking about it backfiring for BREXIT.

It will backfire against the remainers.

If you let it run its natural course.

This is good for BREXIT. And you are pretty much echoing what I am saying lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

>If this gets picked up by media
>posts on a forum to make people aware of this

nice one.

Besides it won't happen lol it would be suicide for any remain campaign ever.

>a key manifesto pledge
>the british people have a right to a voice

what do you think would happen if the tories cancelled it?

I almost wish it would happen.

To see the lelz and chaos ensue after.

>manipulate Sup Forums

>Constituting more than 68% of the votes in the House of Commons, this represents a rare and overwhelming cross-party Parliamentary majority
That's nice, obviously the MPs elected with a FPTP system are more representative than the population

>angry pensioners get angry
>...still vote tory anyway

pretty much it tbqh

DO NOT SIGN THE PETITION
>DO NOT SIGN THE PETITION
DO NOT SIGN THE PETITION
>DO NOT SIGN THE PETITION
DO NOT SIGN THE PETITION

Let the remain camp tie the noose to hang themselves. It can't come from us. Even the faintest whiff of interference from the leave side, and it becomes win-win for them. If it backfires, they can blame it on us. If it doesn't, they can take the credit. We should leave this alone, then we balance the chance of it backfiring without needlessly raising the odds of it accomplishing anything.

Kek I remember when the media advertised the Ban Trump petition when it only had ~600 signatures.

>>If this gets picked up by media
>>posts on a forum to make people aware of this
>nice one.

How can Sup Forums be so dense....

I'm posting it TO GET POEPLE TO SIGN IT.

Just thought saying "hey pol sign this" would get no where... the "oh no pol, nightmare ;__;" actually fooled the shills on pol to sign it....

Its obv that this would BACKFIRE and HELP BREXIT more than harm it...

So...
Why haven't you signed it??

i think you might literally have autism

Sup Forums did it once again with Kek's will!!!

The petition just reached 10'000 signatures. Bless Kek and great work Sup Forums

ITS HAPPENING!!!

you're embarrassing yourself lad

How can it backfire on us?
I didn't start the petition. It was started BEFORE jo...
"OMG they tricked us lefties to be against democracy..... Their fault!!"... yeah nice try user

> We should leave this alone, then we balance the chance of it backfiring
Fell for the Sup Forums has any real effect...

50 signatures a minute, you think this is us?
Look on twitter, its lefties virtue signaling...

> 10,001
Thanks for your support Sup Forums
Now sit back and watch this explode.

I will now laugh at all the britcucks who said it was just campaigning being cancelled and referendum would still take place

haha

Tomorrow we'll get the big news

It seems that there will be some dirty tricks in the days to come. The inferior elements of the public will be manipulated and used like cheap whores by the politicians because of yesterday's attack. But the rest of us, those of us who can't be manipulated... We are the Palestinians of the White Race. You already know what that means. Resistance is Existence.

If this takes hold, then it's a tacit admission that the assassin was a plant from the establishment.

> i think you might literally have autism
My mum does too.
I'm 28 ;__;

Please pay attention to what I say.

Your intentions are meaningful, but we won't no rig botting from our side.

Let the lefties do this, let it get exposed. Let the sword of Damocles fall on the lefties.

Leave this petition, let it flourish naturally.

By doing this you help more. Trust me user.

Just trust me and trust the others advising you on this course of action as it's the best option.

Do not speed it up, let it circulate twitter lefties/remainians.

We really don't have to do anything, it will upon them.

Stop posting it here, you dumbfuck. You'll just draw attention to it. Someone post something illegal to get the thread deleted.

This remainer cunt Christopher Mcginty has been trying to do this for months:

>According to the BBC (as at the 26th February 2016) 444 MPs of (almost) all parties have declared their support for Britain staying a member of the European Union on the basis of the reform package negotiated by the Prime Minister, David Cameron.

>Representing over 68% of the votes in the House of Commons, this represents a rare and overwhelming cross-party Parliamentary majority. If it is the settled will of such a large majority in the House of Commons, Parliament should now rise to the occasion and assert the very sovereignty Brexit campaigners claim it has lost.

>I, one humble citizen, call on Parliament to assert its constitutional authority, cancel the planned referendum, ratify the agreement reached by the Government with the European Union and confirm Britain’s membership of the European Union on that basis.

linkedin.com/pulse/cancel-brexit-vote-citizens-petition-christopher-mcginty

linkedin.com/pulse/brexit-irrelevant-distraction-business-christopher-mcginty?forceNoSplash=true

Why don't you idiots make a counter-petition to that petitions? There's always a bunch of petitions by idiots that are just handled by a small group.

Come on, Sup Forums will help you.

I kind of want to sign that just to be an asshole, but my American blood and love of freedom will not allow it.

Good luck Brit-friends.

Canceling/postponing only helps Brexit they can only exploit her death while it's still fresh and people are in shock,once they sling her in the ground it will be old news and business as usual

done