Loved the 85-92 album but I can't really seem to get into this one. Thoughts?

Loved the 85-92 album but I can't really seem to get into this one. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWnUuosQwZY&ab_channel=TylerChambers
youtube.com/watch?v=MEV1KnBbjU4
youtube.com/watch?v=wvCLjFpe1Wo
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.phpt=5498588
biosphere.bandcamp.com/album/autour-de-la-lune
youtube.com/watch?v=lYeP8a_Y_0A
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2911847
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM9urSVbjU
youtube.com/watch?v=c_E-lg2M5gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBU3uAzRejs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a tough nut to crack

try rhubarb blue calx lichen stone in focus and come back to the album when you know more about ambient music

Don't bother, it's afx's worst album
If you want to decent ambient music check out pic related

I'll admit that one of it's major flaws is repetition. It works well for background music. But if you're actually sitting and listening to the music to really soak in the sounds, it feels as though the tracks do go on for too long. Otherwise I still find it to be one of his better works.

imagine thinkin afx is ambient and not understanding that "ambient dub" is like "ambient pop" in just being spacey UK Dub.

should have been cut down a bit

Are you retarded? In what was is SAW II not ambient? In what way is it dub?

try listening to it at really low volume at night when you sleep. Preferably through a speaker.

This is very good. Any more ambient recs? Thanks

this, honestly. the first time i listened to this record all the way through, i was in a dank moldy camp with some friends and as we fell asleep, i put it on through a shitty portable speaker. i woke up a little while later drenched in sweat in the pitch black as windowsill was ending and then sat there in the dark as stone in focus, hexagon, and lichen played. it was terrifying as much as it was intensely beautiful and saw 2 quickly became one of my favorite albums of all time.

Listen to it while you read stuff online

>I made a 3 hour long ambient album
Great, so did my dishwasher

this sounds way better than a dishwasher though.
youtube.com/watch?v=nWnUuosQwZY&ab_channel=TylerChambers

no, it really doesn’t

Skip disc 1

Don't listen to it like it's a coherent album, because it isn't. But rather a collection of assorted tracks. Also don't pay much attention to it while listening

no.
no.
correct.
no.
It's great. Discreet Music by Eno is another of my favorite ambient albums.
Great way to experience this.
har. har.
brainlet.
no.
no.

This album is an absolute ambient masterpiece. It is the best and most varied ambient album of the genre up to that point. It's incredible. 10/10. If Rhubarb doesn't break you down then I feel sorry for you.

Whats soup with all the retarder newidmfags everyday posting this crap

youtube.com/watch?v=MEV1KnBbjU4

this is ambient music because the word is in the title

You can make another thread about something you like if you want to

youtube.com/watch?v=wvCLjFpe1Wo
>in what way is it dub?

SAW II is one of those weird albums that when you're an earlet who doesn't get ambient music, you can't into it because it's too difficult, and when you get more into ambient, you can't into it because it's too simple.

it's ambient techno. It has ambient pads with techno 4/4 beats alright

it's not crap, but I get what you mean. Soon they'll be burnt out on it though, as the excitement about "muh babbys first experience with underground" dies down.

honestly that just sounds like someone playing around with a sub and a beat in a daw. I get that you can project whatever meaning you want onto it but it really isn't all that special. I think this album has been blown out of proportion. Sure it has some legendary melodies, but the majority is tracks like this one

i hope newidmfags don't ruin idm:(

I'll try
>David Sylvian -There is No Love
Has spoken word, but instrumentally is great ambient stuff
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.phpt=5498588
>Bioshpere - Autour De La Lune
His most similar in tone to Shenzou. No samples and very austere though. Check out all Bioshpere's stuff really
biosphere.bandcamp.com/album/autour-de-la-lune
>Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Vrioon
youtube.com/watch?v=lYeP8a_Y_0A
somehow this has become yt recomneded core. Really gorgeous album
>La Monte Young - Just Charles and Cello in the Romantic Chord
Better that The Well-tuned Piano. La Monte Young's real masterpiece, one of my favourite albums ever
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2911847

also check out Wide Open Spaces by Matmos, Wobbly, and People Like Us.very entertaining when treated as ambient
hardly representative of the majority of the album

Play disc 1 and 2 at the same time. Not a joke btw

cliffs and blue calx seemed pretty cool together
someone needs to chart out the pairs

Fuck off niger. Claire is fucking terrible, so fuck off w/ ur shitty waifu

Is actually Pupinia, you lunatic.
Also stop giving me (You)s, fags.

If you were gonna recommend David Sylvian, I'd recommend these first, which are collabs with Holger Czukay
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM9urSVbjU
youtube.com/watch?v=c_E-lg2M5gQ

Imagine thinking this album full of pop melodies and conventional western harmonies is "difficult". I got it on the first listen, and it's retardedly long. You can make good ambient if you switch it up every once in a while. Stone In Focus is the SAME 4 or 5 notes for 15 minutes

>pop melodies
no pop I've heard sounds like this

shit, forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBU3uAzRejs

Then take the fucking WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS

name one (1) pop song that sounds like Lichen, Grass, Rhubarb, or Cliffs

I said pop melodies. Not pop songs.

name a similar melody

discreet music by brian eno. lichen almost sounds like a copy, but a very well done one nonetheless

I see the similarity, but is that considered pop?

>Stone In Focus is the SAME 4 or 5 notes for 15 minutes
And it's the best ambient track in recent times

rhubarb is 10/10

Good call, I actually picked up Words With the Shaman on vinyl last week, great textures. I just mentioned There is No Love because it's recent and I listened to it all the past few months