What's with All These Bands Quitting this year?

Slayer
Neil Diamond
Heart
Chicago

All these bands are quitting this year
WTF?

The heart sisters stopped talking because one husband chocked out the other one's kids over some dog attacking someone?

Two of Chicago's member left in the same week?

Slayer replace their founding member in like a week like nothing happened, then retire four years later out of the blue?

Neil Diamond has parkinson's disease and cant perform anymore?

....all this bad news, and on top of it all....
the "catch me out side girl" from Dr. Phil gets a $14 million recording contract from Atlantic!?!?

fuck this world

The /r/music in this thread is strong.

The soy in this comment is strong.

OP is probably from a Third World country which is just now getting 80s music 30 years after the fact.

I don't see reddithead, my bloody valentine or slint getting discussed anywhere ITT though

do you make an effort to be this retarded or what?

The broken English in OP post didn't give it away? :^)

Rush is done too

OP here

i cant believe i forgot to mention Rush!

FUCKING RUSH MAN!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

THEYRE OFFICIALLY CALLING ITS QUITS TOO THIS YEAR

>Aging Boomer bands are finally fucking off nearly a decade after they should've done so
You say this as if it's a bad thing.

Aren't Slayer more Gen X?

Hey, they're getting old, and want to retire. Even Slayer has clocked up 36 years, and Neil Diamond over 50. Do you want to be working when you are 70 (though this is assuming you won't have to be)?

they all have pending sexual assault allegations

Slayer guys are late-Boomers if I remember the definitions right, 1946-64 is the Baby Boom. Their music is undoubtedly Gen X as is the rest of metal

Nobody born after Eisenhower's first term is a boomer and even then, those last boomers are closer to Gen Xers in their mentality than the ones who were old enough to be at Woodstock.

He's probably Brazilian or from Eastern Europe.

Ah, who cares about past-it dadrock anyway? Better to support some young upcoming bands.

None of those artists have been relevant in over 30 years. Who gives a shit

Is OP a time traveler from 1988?

Besides, Slayer is the only one he listed that were ever any good.

I love, love, love everything Slayer did up to SITA, but they need to quit. Kerry King is cringy as fuck and Tom Araya sounds like an old man trying really hard to push out a turd.