Gateway-core

I want to make a chart containing albums that are generally considered "gateway" albums that get people into music.
For example, pic related (or/and Demon Days?) got a lot of kids into music and made them explore it actively. I'd say ITAOTS can be considered a gateway album for teenagers, for example.

Any more suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every Radiohead album

Toxicity

for punk

It's called the Sup Forums-core chart

For anyone that enjoys this be sure to check out Modjo's s/t album

Marshall Mathers LP

Damaged by Black Flag and Nevermind the Bollocks are great albums for getting into punk

The Wall got me into music

Siamese Dream saved me from plebdom

radiohead
also this

I know i might get shit for this but ITAOTS first really got me into indie rock. Many other Sup Forums-core albums (MPP and Loveless mostly) were also essential to me finding out about indie/underground-music. You gotta start somewhere after all.

This was what got me into anco which got me into more experimental music in general

this so much

Rumours, bridge over troubled water, SAW 85-92, Pet Sounds

This got me into harsh vocals and more extreme metal as a whole.

Every time I see this album posted I spend a solid minute moving my eyes across the picture so it looks like it moves.

great choice

Nsync
Boyzone
Boyz 2 men
Linkin Park
Gorillaz

My early days

The quintessential gateway album

gateway to what, nickleback and foo fighters? lmao

Converge - Jane Doe
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Modest Mouse - Moon & Antarctica
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Probably this one considering how popular Bowie is. Maybe Low as well.

spotted the hipster cuck

go listen to some creed, pleb.

>go listen to some creed,
Gladly

post-grunge is the only real music left, the true successor to white blues rock

This was my gateway album. I'm sure that if you can get past the shitty quality, screechs and screams you can move on to appreciate more open minded music.

For punk I would say any of the 2000’s pop-punk bands because some of their earlier stuff is “real” punk(Green Day has Insomniac, and Blink-182’s first two albums were Descendants brand pop-punk).

rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/
Although for me it was The Dark Side of the Moon and Led Zeppelin's In Through the Out Door

This was my gateway album. Call it cock rock or whatever but this thing got me into punk due to the punk inspired songs on this. I started hating Axl’s voice though six months after I got into Gn’R, but by then I moved pnto the Ramones and stuff like that.

this record introduced me to
>punk rock
>concept albums
>rock operas
>political music
>long songs with multiple phases
>songs that transition seamlessly
honestly it's impossible to overstate the influence green day had on my appreciation of music

yes

also wire

Interesting that his swansong is considered a gateway to the rest of his work

First album that i listen in its entirety. God bless Gorillaz

Um, I think starting with Heroes is a better way to go.

This album got me into metal in general as it probably did for many people.

same here, great album

U2 gateway into post-punk, 80s alternative, shoegaze, industrial, 90s electronica, and Eno

Disagree. Sgt. Pepper is the #1 album on The Rolling Stone, and it's one of the highest rated albums on pretty much every online list. It's definitely a gateway for people who google what the best albums are.

It was Colony of theirs that broke me into ""real"" metal, then to Clayman, then I eventually acquired a taste for Whoracle and TJR, and anymore I don't listen to them (or any other melodeath really) except for on a nostalgic whim. Definite gateway band.

Fuck Rolling Stone

This has the perfect balance between good music and easy listen songs

For someone who's starting learning to play guitar this is a good album to learn songs

Dark Side